Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County vs Clay County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any updates would be appreciated.
Harlan 58-47 I think.
Another poor performance by the Tigers. They definitely aren't responding to this tough stretch they're in. Sad thing is it only gets tougher from here on out.
Tigers will either respond quickly or they are done. Team is better than Harlan Co, but they don't have the consistent heart or effort.
The tough stretch will either bring us together or tear us apart. The next few weeks will be interesting.
I thought Harlan Co. done a good job mixing up the pace of the game. Congrats to the Black Bears against a good Clay Co. team. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the season.
I don't understand where you are coming from with that comment at all. Harlan Co. is better at nearly every position on the floor. Clay Co. is always going to be a solid team and a Regional Championship contender, but to say they're better than Harlan Co. is, without question, an objective statement.
Harlan Co. looked way more polished that Clay last night. Clay plays too out of control. They'll need a lot of improvement between now and the district/region to have a shot. I thought Harlan Co. was more physical on the boards last night. Clay didn't give the effort they did the night before in my opinion. Effort is something that doesn't go in a slump. The players control their effort.
Clay lost by 11 without their 2nd or 3rd best player and you could see from the tip that the Tigers didn't care about no consolation game. Pretty sad, considering it was against their best competition in the region but it's the truth. Harlan County is by no means polished and neither is Clay. The teams don't seem to play together that well which is shocking especially for Harlan Co who has had the same core group for 3 years. Not a good showing by the 13th at the WYMT.
14th is the class of the mountains this year.
It's not that the talent is so much greater but the teams are more polished and play harder. The coaches in the 14th know how to get the best out of their teams. I think Perry should win the region but it is still wide open, just like the 13th. Hopefully there is some good basketball ahead in the near future for the mountains!
The 13th did not have that bad of a showing to me in the WYMT. Clay Co. took Perry Central to the final play, and Harlan Co. played Hazard neck and neck until the last 6 or so minutes of the 4th period. North Laurel also beat a solid Betsy Layne team.
Mountain Wrote:The 13th did not have that bad of a showing to me in the WYMT. Clay Co. took Perry Central to the final play, and Harlan Co. played Hazard neck and neck until the last 6 or so minutes of the 4th period. North Laurel also beat a solid Betsy Layne team.

There are no moral victories in the WYMT. Teams set out with the same goal in this thing: get two TV games. It may not sound like much, but to be able to play in the semi's of this thing and come back in either the 3rd place or championship is huge for a program. Anything short of that has to be a disappointment.
There a lot of solid teams in the 13th. But there is not one exceptional team. Maybe we should stop the detour on I75 which reroutes all Canadians east.
The 14th has three very good teams and Breathitt is capable of being very good. Letcher has played pretty good so far, but I didn't think they would be very good from what they lost and what I saw in the summer.
I think the 13th is deeper.
The key ingredient, of course, is the transfers in the 14th.
Put Johnson or Justice or Hudson on Harlan County and I like their chances of winning the tournament. Clay and some others could be a lot better with some help like that, too.
I absolutely agree HDE. How dangerous would it be to see Johnson on Clay or Harlan. Harlan has some bigs that are rough but Clay really only has one true forward in Bowling and Lyttle is a hybrid type player.
Recruiting!!!! What a great advantage! PCC is the Scott Co. Of SEKY!