Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 12th Region favorite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As of right this is my top 5 although things can change drastically as the year goes on.
1. Pulaski County
2. West Jessamine
3. Wayne County
4. Southwestern
5. Somerset
IMO: any of the 5 can win the Regional. Who stayes healthy, who improves. At Tourney Time things seem to tighten up and a Team with Big's, that can pound ball inside seem to have an advantage.
Cellking Wrote:IMO: any of the 5 can win the Regional. Who stayes healthy, who improves. At Tourney Time things seem to tighten up and a Team with Big's, that can pound ball inside seem to have an advantage.
I think guard play is most important in tournament play myself, that is why I think Pulaski has a good shot although I will admit that their downfall could be the fact that they don't have a legit big man in the middle.
Well one important thing is obviously the draw. Pulaski/Somerset and Southwestern/Wayne. Two of those teams will be losers out of district.

In the past years, SW draws have been favorable while Pulaski's not so much.

Secondly, coaching. These teams will know each other, inside and out, when tournament time comes around. No doubt, Somerset/SW/Pulaski will be familar if nothing else due to the coaching circle.

Being able to execute the plays when it counts, identifying weaknesses of other teams and using them to your strengths will be key. All of the contenders have the players to win the region so IMO it comes down to the coaching. Just my thoughts.
meat loaf Wrote:As of right this is my top 5 although things can change drastically as the year goes on.
1. Pulaski County
2. West Jessamine
3. Wayne County
4. Southwestern
5. Somerset

That's how I would rank them as well. Although to be fair I have not seen Wayne County or Pulaski County yet.
meat loaf Wrote:I think guard play is most important in tournament play myself, that is why I think Pulaski has a good shot although I will admit that their downfall could be the fact that they don't have a legit big man in the middle.

Somerset has Guards that can handle pressure, Make shots when needed. It's still comes down to doing them when necessary. I just think in Tourney play it's nice to be able to go down to Big's when you need a Basket.