Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard at Perry County Central 1/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Semi's of the WYMT.
Fans remember to be respectful, this could be a big step to getting the games back.. The schools have been talking about ending the little "lockout" anyways... This will be a good test to see if the fans are ready... It's just a game people!
ekff Wrote:Fans remember to be respectful, this could be a big step to getting the games back.. The schools have been talking about ending the little "lockout" anyways... This will be a good test to see if the fans are ready... It's just a game people!

What do you think of the outcome?

I'm gonna go...

Perry 59
Hazard 54
And so it begins...

If you were there and felt the intensity of the game tonight...
you might have a taste of what it will feel like on Friday.

I hope for a good clean game - these teams haven't play in 2 years!
If the teams play like they did in round one....
Hazard cruises!
Go BULLDOGS !!!
I'll take Perry in the game and Hazard in the brawl...
Hazard OT by 1
Perry don't play better Friday it could be a long night for the Commodores. Hazard playing the best ball in region right now. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
wood_chuck Wrote:What do you think of the outcome?

I'm gonna go...

Perry 59
Hazard 54

I think without Hollan hazard is in trouble..

But... In this game ( hazard/perry) anything can happen...

Idk about the outcome just yet
Hazard by 6. Hope to see Hudson step up to the challenge an have a big game.
HHS-57
PCC-51
All depends on how the game is called. If it's called close and the bumping and hand checks are whistled, Perry wins. If they allow those things to go, Hazard wins.
hazard by 4. rough game to pick. hazard is playing the best ball in the 14 th region. hudson and johnson going to be a good match up. key will be if hudson stay out of foul trouble.
I stick with what ive said before the tournament started Hazard by 3 in OT in the best game of the tournament. If Perry dont shoot the ball better friday this game will be over by halftime. If Coach Holland of Hazard presses Perry it also could be a long night, Perry needs to cut down on their turnovers and start making free throws if not this will come back to bite them sometime before the years over. Hazard by 3 in OT and Knott by 14 over Breathitt.
I'd say:
Hazard 65
PCC 61
This will no doubt be one of the largest crowds in WYMT history gym capacity. Two years ago in the district Hazard vs Perry drew 5000 plus. But with Knott playing Breathitt also this gym will be full. Good luck to all teams. Fans show your support but be well behaved. Please!!! Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.
ekff Wrote:I think without Hollan hazard is in trouble..

But... In this game ( hazard/perry) anything can happen...

Idk about the outcome just yet

Can't agree with you this time ekff. Thompson and Wells are filling in nicely! But don't get me wrong Hollan would make it a lot easier.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Can't agree with you this time ekff. Thompson and Wells are filling in nicely! But don't get me wrong Hollan would make it a lot easier.

Not discrediting Thompson and Wells, they are both good players... But Hollan is a top 5 player in the 14th region... Thompson is a 2 guard and Wells is young... The team has done a great job so far without Hollan, because Hudson has taken on a bigger role in scoring and Olinger is getting back into the swing of things.. Hazard can still win this game without Hollan because they have great depth but it is going to be hard...
ekff Wrote:Not discrediting Thompson and Wells, they are both good players... But Hollan is a top 5 player in the 14th region... Thompson is a 2 guard and Wells is young... The team has done a great job so far without Hollan, because Hudson has taken on a bigger role in scoring and Olinger is getting back into the swing of things.. Hazard can still win this game without Hollan because they have great depth but it is going to be hard...

If Thompson gets hot he can put up a bunch of points, but he can't put a team on his back like Hollan can.

Beverly, Johnson and Cornett can all take over games for Perry - but the bottom line is Perry isn't as deep as the dogs.

I honestly think at this point in the season that Hazard wins by double-digits.
Hazard 65
Perry Central 58
Hazard can go about 10-11 deep on the bench and they play all over the floor. Perry has very weak bench and really has trouble finding people to score other than their two big guys and Beverly. If Perry can get in a running game with Hazard and shoot layups they probably have a chance in this one, but if Hazard can slow them down and force them to shoot jumpers it could get embarrassing for the Dores. The Bulldogs will probably come out on top in this one in a close one, 55-51... Perry is still trying to figure out how to play together and with the addition of Johnson, who is still not in playing shape. Perry will get better and they host the district this year, so should really get interesting come tournament time. Good luck to both teams!
Brother Cecil Wrote:This will no doubt be one of the largest crowds in WYMT history gym capacity. Two years ago in the district Hazard vs Perry drew 5000 plus. But with Knott playing Breathitt also this gym will be full. Good luck to all teams. Fans show your support but be well behaved. Please!!! Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.

Capacity for Perry Central's gym is 4,500. No way they can crowd 5,000 in there. Now, at Knott Central,capacity 5,000, they could.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Capacity for Perry Central's gym is 4,500. No way they can crowd 5,000 in there. Now, at Knott Central,capacity 5,000, they could.

And of the 4,500 they are losing 300 of that because the first couple of rows are pushed back. Also the first few rows in the upper level are useless!
Perry's gym is so small.
We might as well not even play home games there.
So why don't we just go ahead and host every tournament in the 14th region at Knott? Why would they even move the WYMT from Knott? What was their thinking in doing that, just don't understand with it being such a far superior place to watch a game!
Wall4president Wrote:So why don't we just go ahead and host every tournament in the 14th region at Knott? Why would they even move the WYMT from Knott? What was their thinking in doing that, just don't understand with it being such a far superior place to watch a game!

We can park them at Perry Central and take buses to Hindman to drop everyone off at the door.

It would be faster than walking from Pro-mart like I had to do for the Hazard game over there.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry's gym is so small.
We might as well not even play home games there.

Lol.
I wasn't trying to be negative about Perry's gym. It is a beautiful facility, one of the best in the region and mountains. Has great parking, and not a bad seat in the house. And it's plenty big enough for tournaments. I'm just saying I don't think you can get 5000 in there for a game as was stated. It's capacity is listed at 4500. And as has been mentioned, some of the rows in front are pushed back. My guess would be about 4200 in there would be the max.
Perry all the way ! , I Think they'll win the whole tournament and beat knott in the finals
They have so much standing room up top they can easily get 5,000 in Perry's gym. I"m sure we will see Friday night, should be fun to watch.
Where is Ballstar with all this going on? Whats the word Ballstar? Whats your thoughts? I hope Johnson breaks the backboard.
Pages: 1 2 3