Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10. (1/7/2013)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mountain Basketball Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

Team (Total Points)

Girls

1. Shelby Valley (30)
2. Harlan Co. (27)
3. Sheldon Clark (22)
4. Clay Co. (20)
5. Whitley Co. (19)
6. Letcher Central (16)
7. Rockcastle Co. (8)
8. Lawrence Co. (7)
9. Knott Central (4)
10. Pikeville (3)

This one looks a little better. Still a couple teams in this that should not be, IMO.
Big matchup between SValley and LCC this week.
With the losses that Clay and Whitley suffered i cant argue to much, however, both of those teams and Harlan County could all beat up on SV.
Still think Perry Central is being overlooked in this list. They lost to Clay big but still should be in the top 10.
If Letcher played the same way they played against Knott, Shelby Valley will easily defeat them. They have to not turn the ball over and half to enforce the press defense that has done so well for them in the past.
Cougarpride, you still amaze me. I haven't seen you at a game in couple of years, and I don't miss one, and you are the expert on problems with the Lady Cougars. As with all the sports at LCC, you have all the solutions. I'm sure some of the programs could use some volunteer help, if not with the high school, then offer your expertise to the middle school programs.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With the losses that Clay and Whitley suffered i cant argue to much, however, both of those teams and Harlan County could all beat up on SV.

No way
Schedule them then
I have seen Harlan Co and Shelby Valley play. This would be a good game. I don't think either would "beat up" on the other. Both have a nice team.
cougarpride08 Wrote:If Letcher played the same way they played against Knott, Shelby Valley will easily defeat them. They have to not turn the ball over and half to enforce the press defense that has done so well for them in the past.
Maybe Knott had a little to do with how Letcher played that night?
Letcher is a good team but so is Knott.
X's and O's Wrote:I have seen Harlan Co and Shelby Valley play. This would be a good game. I don't think either would "beat up" on the other. Both have a nice team.

Agree
It would be a dandy
It might be a good game and I'm sure SV is pretty good. That being said, Clay, Whitley, Harlan County, Bell, and even Corbin for that matter have all played a tougher schedule and are more proven against better teams IMO.
Warthog Wrote:No way
Schedule them then

Im not even going to argue.
Did you know that Whitley destroyed that same Lafayette team that Shelby Valley lost to by double digits?

Im sure the two would schedule a 4 hour drive for one game. The schedules speak for themselves.
Perry and Bell both could be in there somewhere. I dont think theres a lot separating #1 from #15 in the mountains. Harlan County is probably the top dog.
I think Magoffin Co is also better than two of the teams in this week's top 10
X's and O's Wrote:I have seen Harlan Co and Shelby Valley play. This would be a good game. I don't think either would "beat up" on the other. Both have a nice team.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Im not even going to argue.
Did you know that Whitley destroyed that same Lafayette team that Shelby Valley lost to by double digits?

Im sure the two would schedule a 4 hour drive for one game. The schedules speak for themselves.

They lost by 10 and it was the second game in a classic on the same day.
And winning by 11 is not destroying anyone.
Warthog Wrote:They lost by 10 and it was the second game in a classic on the same day.
And winning by 11 is not destroying anyone.

Whitley was up 55-33 at the end of the 3rd qtr in the game against lafayette and yanked there starters. It was in a tournament as well.
Even if we look at scores, is there still a 20 point gap?

Im not trying to be rough on you, and Shelby Valley, along with Letcher are good teams, and after tonights game, its easy to say there on the same level, but they just arent as good as Clay, Harlan County and Whitley County IMO. Bell might even be better.
Whitley County is rated too high.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With the losses that Clay and Whitley suffered i cant argue to much, however, both of those teams and Harlan County could all beat up on SV.

I'm just curious what makes you so high on Whitley, Clay and Harlan co? What makes you think that they could all"beat up" on SV? I'm sure you haven't seen Shelby Valley play. They have an impressive resume of wins. They have beat 3 teams in the top 10 in the mountains. They beat Knott central by 40 points. Which Knott central beat letcher. If you watched the SV letcher game the other night you would know that SV played TERRIBLE. The worst I've ever seen them play in the last 2 years & they still won? SV aloso beat bullet east by 12 who has a great record down state. And right after that game 2 hours later they had to play Lafyette who hadnt played that day. And only lost by 11? I would love to see these teams play SV. There would be know blow out. I'm sure you've never watched SV in person or you wouldn't be saying this. They are one of the best shooting, fast paced, defensive, composed and smartest teams I have watched play. The way I see it until SV gets beat. Your 3 precious teams up there are just competing for second place. Good luck on proving me wrong. You'll need it.
All i do is win Wrote:I'm just curious what makes you so high on Whitley, Clay and Harlan co? What makes you think that they could all"beat up" on SV? I'm sure you haven't seen Shelby Valley play. They have an impressive resume of wins. They have beat 3 teams in the top 10 in the mountains. They beat Knott central by 40 points. Which Knott central beat letcher. If you watched the SV letcher game the other night you would know that SV played TERRIBLE. The worst I've ever seen them play in the last 2 years & they still won? SV aloso beat bullet east by 12 who has a great record down state. And right after that game 2 hours later they had to play Lafyette who hadnt played that day. And only lost by 11? I would love to see these teams play SV. There would be know blow out. I'm sure you've never watched SV in person or you wouldn't be saying this. They are one of the best shooting, fast paced, defensive, composed and smartest teams I have watched play. The way I see it until SV gets beat. Your 3 precious teams up there are just competing for second place. Good luck on proving me wrong. You'll need it.

Well to be quite honest i havent seen Whitley, Clay, or Harlan County play either.
But im not wrong. Often times people get proven wrong by comparing scores and schedules, HOWEVER, in girls high school basketball, its one of the very few oppertunities to take advantage of it.

Shelby Valley is a good team. I believe that.
However, there not as good as Clay, Whitley, or Harlan County.
LCC and Harlan County play at LCC today at 3:30. Will answer some questions.
#8 Lawrence County beat #3 Sheldon Clark on the road
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Well to be quite honest i havent seen Whitley, Clay, or Harlan County play either.
But im not wrong. Often times people get proven wrong by comparing scores and schedules, HOWEVER, in girls high school basketball, its one of the very few oppertunities to take advantage of it.

Shelby Valley is a good team. I believe that.
However, there not as good as Clay, Whitley, or Harlan County.

If you haven't seen either of them play then why are you so high on them? Lol. I would like to see those 3 teams schedule SV. If they are as good as you say then I wanna see the games cause they would be dandy's.
All i do is win Wrote:If you haven't seen either of them play then why are you so high on them? Lol. I would like to see those 3 teams schedule SV. If they are as good as you say then I wanna see the games cause they would be dandy's.

Because we have a few select gentlemen, and a couple of ladies on here who believe there teams are the best no matter the circumstance.
Personally, i dont watch girls high school basketball, but the fact that i get as many games and rankings right as someone of porkys stature, who is a self proclaimed wnba agent, its fun to pick on people.

After the Letcher win over Harlan County, who knows what in the crap is going to happen. I bet proky knows though.

Out of Porkys last 50 post, over 40 are in reply to me or about me. And im the one with the problem Confusednicker: Stalker much?
I just think its fun to yank your chain. Now the entire board is starting to hammer you cause you are easy like a crank ho.....
^
I never said i wasnt easy.

All jokes aside, ive enjoyed our sparring.
A lot of people cant handle it, but the bottom line is, its better for the site to start discussion.
That gut I agree with you. I like a good argument...its entertaining.
^
Not a problem, friend.
Nothing personal.
All i do is win Wrote:I'm just curious what makes you so high on Whitley, Clay and Harlan co? What makes you think that they could all"beat up" on SV? I'm sure you haven't seen Shelby Valley play. They have an impressive resume of wins. They have beat 3 teams in the top 10 in the mountains. They beat Knott central by 40 points. Which Knott central beat letcher. If you watched the SV letcher game the other night you would know that SV played TERRIBLE. The worst I've ever seen them play in the last 2 years & they still won? SV aloso beat bullet east by 12 who has a great record down state. And right after that game 2 hours later they had to play Lafyette who hadnt played that day. And only lost by 11? I would love to see these teams play SV. There would be know blow out. I'm sure you've never watched SV in person or you wouldn't be saying this. They are one of the best shooting, fast paced, defensive, composed and smartest teams I have watched play. The way I see it until SV gets beat. Your 3 precious teams up there are just competing for second place. Good luck on proving me wrong. You'll need it.
Shelby Valley did beat Knott by 40 but Knott has Reagan King back now and she didn't play against SV. Before you jump, I know SV is without Mullins but KCC will play them much closer when they meet again in a couple weeks.
Pikeville should be higher...