Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley County at Estill County 1/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Common Opponents; Lee County, Hazard, Powell County, Wolfe County, Jackson City

Estill County (3-2);; Lee County 71-66 (W) (At Lee), Hazard 77-55 (L) (at Haz), Powell County 54-51 (W) (at Estill), Wolfe County 56-44 (L) (At Wolfe); Jackson City 65-30 (W) (at Estill)

Owsley County (4-3);; Lee County 74-72 (W) (At Lee), Lee County 59-55 (L) (at Owsley), Hazard 80-44 (L) (at Owsley), Hazard 79-50 (L) (at Haz), Powell County 64-62 (W) (at Powell), Wolfe County 84-72 (W) (at Owsley), Jackson City 68-60 (W) (at Jackson City).

Both teams are averaging right around 60 PPG.

Last time Owsley defeated Estill in Irvine was 2009/10. It should be a good game either way it goes, whoever makes their shots will win the game. Estill has played a much tougher schedule than the Owls.

If Estill can get Morris and Alexander going on the Insider and Baber get's hot from 3 then Estill wins by 10+, If they don't then it may go right down to the wire. Alexander is playing really good ball this year, he's improved a lot since the past couple years.

May the best team win!!
In 2010 Owsley beat Estill in Irvine 60-49
That is right, I forgot about that. I was thinking it was 05/06. Still should be a good game Friday.
Estill co by 10 or more.
Strikeout, you say Estill has played a much tougher schedule than Owsley, and maybe they have, I don't know. But the Owls haven't played a cupcake schedule. They've twice played Hazard and will play them a third time next week in the All A. They've played Perry Central, North Laurel, and twice played a very good Jackson County team that is a darkhorse to win the 13th region.
Owsley can make it a good game but, they're not going to beat Estill Co.
Oh yes the Owls will beat Estill LeeCo Fan. Estill is not any better than Lee and we beat Lee at Lee and lost a close one at Booneville. Let me ask you something - do you cheer for Estill when they play Owsley? I can assure you that the Owsley County fans cheer for Lee when they play Estill. The small schools should cheer for the other small schools when they play the bigger schools IMO.
This will be a good one.
Estill 61
Owsley 59

Because Mountain man 14 said so!
Owsley surprises Estill in a close battle and comes out with the W.

Owsley- 62

Estill- 61
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Strikeout, you say Estill has played a much tougher schedule than Owsley, and maybe they have, I don't know. But the Owls haven't played a cupcake schedule. They've twice played Hazard and will play them a third time next week in the All A. They've played Perry Central, North Laurel, and twice played a very good Jackson County team that is a darkhorse to win the 13th region.

East Jessamine
Southwestern
Hazard
Pineville
Bell County
Daniel Boone TN.

Those teams would demolish any team in 56th district, except for East Jess they would win but it would be close but they'd still beat the teams in the 56th. Southwestern did demolish Estill and Lee badly. They beat Estill by right around 26 and Lee by right around 40 or 50 don't remember the exact score. Hazard has defeated every team in the district besides Powell (because they haven't played yet) with ease. Pineville and Bell County are very tough teams in their region. Daniel Boone TN would demolish any other team in our district. They had Estill down probably right around 30 they also had Letcher County Central down right around 20 if I remember correctly.

As for the game, whoever shows up to play whether it will be Owsley or Estill, that's who will win the game, I'm sure both teams will be up, both games (boys/girls) should be exciting games.

May the best team win!

My back seems to be doing a lot better than what it was and I will be able to make it!
8th Street Wrote:Oh yes the Owls will beat Estill LeeCo Fan. Estill is not any better than Lee and we beat Lee at Lee and lost a close one at Booneville. Let me ask you something - do you cheer for Estill when they play Owsley? I can assure you that the Owsley County fans cheer for Lee when they play Estill. The small schools should cheer for the other small schools when they play the bigger schools IMO.

That's just my honest opinion. My opinion has nothing to do with who I cheer for. I believe that Estill Co is the better team and I don't think Owsley can beat them in Irvine. Now, it may be a different story in Booneville.
LeeCo Fan it doesn't matter who you cheer for when Estill is playing. I just always cheer for the small schools when they play the big schools. I was hoping Buckhorn won the 14th last year and always want Owsley or Lee to win the 56th. I know how much it means to our communities when our teams are playing well. The only small school I don't cheer for is Hazard.
I can see where 8th street is coming from and that's actually a good thing. It's nice to see people represent the small schools. I actually root for any district team that's playing unless it's against Estill.
8th Street Wrote:LeeCo Fan it doesn't matter who you cheer for when Estill is playing. I just always cheer for the small schools when they play the big schools. I was hoping Buckhorn won the 14th last year and always want Owsley or Lee to win the 56th. I know how much it means to our communities when our teams are playing well. The only small school I don't cheer for is Hazard.

I completely agree with you and I do the same thing. I was rooting for Buckhorn last year as well. As far Hazard goes, I don't view them as a small school.
Lee should never root for Owsley or Estill........NEVER.
Lol
I root for Lee against Estill and all the 56th District teams when they play outside the district. I root for Owsley all the time. I would like to see a 56th District team make some noise in the 14th Regional Tournament. It will take a good draw and some luck to get to the finals but it could happen. You have to get to the finals to raise the bar for the entire district. The biggest problem is defense. None of the district teams guard well enough when they play the big teams. To get to the next level you have to play great defense.
Prediction still stands.

Owsley- 62

Estill- 61