Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Conner QB Drew Barker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has two more schools to choose from, UNC & UTenn....

Good highlight clip in this link. He will be a senior next year!

http://nkyfan.com/quick-hits-barker-pick...ew-offers/
Steve Spurrier is still stalking him more than any school will. i think barker is on his way to south carolina
Even for a highlight tape, that was very impressive.
Good luck to Drew; he's the real deal! I was grateful to have had the opportunity to watch him in action.

To be downright honest about it, I would HATE for him to play for Spurrier!!
Wink
^UK has not offered yet...WKU, UC, now UT have..... OSU, and Notre Dame are pursuing.

Coach Stoops may want to reach out sooner rather than later.
Truth be told I wouldn't go to UK either; being the rebuilding years.
Spirit100 Wrote:Coach Stoops may want to reach out sooner rather than later.

Neal Brown will be making the decisions on the QB position and from the looks of it he wants a dual threat type QB to run his system. The number one dual threat QB in the nation is seriously considering UK and could commit next week on a visit.

I think Barker will ultimately get a UK offer but I don't think he is a high priority at the moment.
UK has next to ZERO chance of landing Barker.
Simon Kenton has the better QB!
UK1fan Wrote:Simon Kenton has the better QB!

Kuntz is not even close. That is why he has no looks. Or D-1 looks
UK fan you say some of the craziest things.....
He's a beast. Good luck to him where ever he decides to go!
The only reason Barker is getting recruited is because he went to a bunch of camps he will be a bust just like Zeke Pike. Kuntz didn't go to any camps because he was busy playing basketball but he will be in some camps this summer.
UK is now turning up the heat with the new staff. Supposedly Barker made the comment that Phillips' staff literally was not recruiting him.

He does not have a Kentucky offer yet, but Brown told him they are very interested and want to watch him throw in person before making the call.
IAM22 Wrote:UK has next to ZERO chance of landing Barker.

Wrong. They may not get him, but to say they have a "next to ZERO chance" is untrue.

Side note: If the non-recruiting of Barker doesn't show the incompetence of Joker Phillips and his staff of misfits, I don't know what does.
The_OC Wrote:Wrong. They may not get him, but to say they have a "next to ZERO chance" is untrue.

Side note: If the non-recruiting of Barker doesn't show the incompetence of Joker Phillips and his staff of misfits, I don't know what does.

Yeah, there is no way I would know...................................and right now there is next to zero chance.
You now, I stand corrected, you're right. "Right now," they dont have much of a chance, one reason being they just started recruiting him.

Whatever he chooses, he will be great wherever he goes.
Another QB that has not hit the camps yet is OCath stud Houston Hartz. Probably the best in west Ky, just doesn't get the press due to playing at small school. Had big numbers as a junior, looking forward to what he will do next year.
BIGman88 Wrote:Kuntz is not even close. That is why he has no looks. Or D-1 looks
UK fan you say some of the craziest things.....

Has many looks, including a D-1. Not bad for not attending ANY camps last summer. Hope many coaches come out to see Drew when they play SK next fall! Bigman you need a different source of info.:biggrin:
toussaints Wrote:Steve Spurrier is still stalking him more than any school will. i think barker is on his way to south carolina

Just read in the State Newspaper from Columbia, SC that South Carolina has officially offered and that he has SC as his top choice. They feel like a committment is close for the Gamecocks. Spurrier is really high on this kid.
hop24 Wrote:Has many looks, including a D-1. Not bad for not attending ANY camps last summer. Hope many coaches come out to see Drew when they play SK next fall! Bigman you need a different source of info.:biggrin:

I know of a D-1 college recruiter that I coached with in Florida. This college recruiter has had contact with Mr. Kuntz and says they are not interested nor any other D-1 should be. That he has a lot of flaws that are not coachable. That Mr. Kuntz has skills but not D-1 skills. He actually contacted a good d3 school in Georgia, to send them tape and analysis on Kuntz and a receiver. (his name slips my mind)

D-3 is great. I wish this kid nothing but he best. I hope he does well. But we have to be realistic.
BIGman88 Wrote:I know of a D-1 college recruiter that I coached with in Florida. This college recruiter has had contact with Mr. Kuntz and says they are not interested nor any other D-1 should be. That he has a lot of flaws that are not coachable. That Mr. Kuntz has skills but not D-1 skills. He actually contacted a good d3 school in Georgia, to send them tape and analysis on Kuntz and a receiver. (his name slips my mind)

D-3 is great. I wish this kid nothing but he best. I hope he does well. But we have to be realistic.

Guess the D-1 coach at school on Friday isn't realistic.
BIGman88 Wrote:I know of a D-1 college recruiter that I coached with in Florida. This college recruiter has had contact with Mr. Kuntz and says they are not interested nor any other D-1 should be. That he has a lot of flaws that are not coachable. That Mr. Kuntz has skills but not D-1 skills. He actually contacted a good d3 school in Georgia, to send them tape and analysis on Kuntz and a receiver. (his name slips my mind)

FALSE:yawn:

Your about as clueless has they come!
Conner's Drew Barker has a bright future in front of him. I wish him and his family good luck and hope all goes well to their liking. His mom is a great lady with a huge heart. I would like to think he has taken on some of her traits.
I read that UNC & Coach Brown went to see him throw last week. Brown was very impressed & offered him a scholarship.
Any update on Barker's leaning?
Glad to see Stoops reached out sooner rather than later. Congrats to all parties involved!
IAM22 Wrote:UK has next to ZERO chance of landing Barker.
ouch:lmao:
nky Wrote:ouch:lmao:

At the time I posted that I was 100% correct. Read some of the articles that came out lately about what he thought of UK at the time before Brown started recruiting him.
its official Drew Barker just signed to play at NKU! Congrats!
But seriously has he signed anywheres?
^The University of Kentucky
Pages: 1 2