Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Extreme 12 & Under (tryouts)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky Extreme Basketball will be holding tryouts for 11 & Under and 12 & Under teams on January 20th at 4:00pm at the Whitaker Athletic Center in Perry County. Tryouts are open to any player looking to play AAU Travel ball.

11 & Under (5th Grade)

**An athlete must be in the 5th grade as of October 1, 2012 and can be no older than 12 on August 31, 2013. An athlete that is in the 6th grade as of October 1st, 2012 wanting to play down in the 5th grade division, can be no older than 11 on August 31, 2013.

12 & Under (6th Grade)

**An athlete must be in the 6th grade as of October 1, 2012 and can be no older than 13 on August 31, 2013. An athlete that is in the 7th grade as of October 1st, 2012 wanting to play down in the 6th grade division, can be no older than 12 on August 31, 2013.
Who coaches this team and can I get a contact number
I hear this is suppose to be one of the elite 6th grade AAU teams in the state. Can anyone tell me who all is on the roster? Just wondering if any of the kids I watched at the 6th grade state tournament last weekend at the KBA will be on this team?
centralky Wrote:I hear this is suppose to be one of the elite 6th grade AAU teams in the state. Can anyone tell me who all is on the roster? Just wondering if any of the kids I watched at the 6th grade state tournament last weekend at the KBA will be on this team?

Kentucky Extreme 12 & Under will be a good team...

6th grade state MVP Cameron Maguet (Corbin) is on the team. Extreme also had two players make All-Tournament Team at state, Bailey Blair (Hazard) and Branson Couch (Emmalena)... You might have seen a few others as well; Gannon Couch and Jacob Brown..
Sounds like a very strong team. I remember some of the kids you mentioned and all where good players. Are they the top 6th grade AAU team in the state? Where will they be playing most of there games? Would like to try and watch them a few times this year.
centralky Wrote:Sounds like a very strong team. I remember some of the kids you mentioned and all where good players. Are they the top 6th grade AAU team in the state? Where will they be playing most of there games? Would like to try and watch them a few times this year.

I don't know if they're the top team but I think they'll do ok... They play at the KBA on Feb 8th-10th at the Gatorade Tournament..
Who are some of the top boys 5th-8th grade AAU programs around the state?
^^ By far Derby State has the best 6th grade AAU team in the state. Got a chance to watch them play a couple weekends ago up in Louisville and they are one of if not the best 6th grade teams I have ever seen come out of the state of Kentucky. They beat everybody over 40 points and did not even have all of their players. They are so good I would even say they could be top 3 in 7th grade AAU if they would play. IMO everybody needs to watch these kids play, they are fun to watch.

I also talked to their coach up their and he was telling me they are in the NYBL league, which is the middle school version of the Nike EYBL high school league. The NYBL league features the top 24 teams in the nation. From what I've seen Derby State is not only a top 25 team, but they could be top 10 easily in the nation.
Who does this team have seen a few of then play and they are good players
I believe there is still going to be a few kids added to there roster from my understanding.
Thanks
futurekycoach Wrote:^^ By far Derby State has the best 6th grade AAU team in the state. Got a chance to watch them play a couple weekends ago up in Louisville and they are one of if not the best 6th grade teams I have ever seen come out of the state of Kentucky. They beat everybody over 40 points and did not even have all of their players. They are so good I would even say they could be top 3 in 7th grade AAU if they would play. IMO everybody needs to watch these kids play, they are fun to watch.

I also talked to their coach up their and he was telling me they are in the NYBL league, which is the middle school version of the Nike EYBL high school league. The NYBL league features the top 24 teams in the nation. From what I've seen Derby State is not only a top 25 team, but they could be top 10 easily in the nation.

Has this team played the Playmakers team that won it all last year? I was told that they started playing up in the 7th because nobody can handle them in the 6th. I think its more impressive that they are doing it with kids from the same area instead of recruiting kids all over the state. I'm also pretty sure the Sizemore kid plays for the Playmakers, not Derby state. I guess we'll see come state tournament time if all these teams get in it. To be the best, you have to beat the best 1st. But to say any team in Ky would be top 10 in the nation is just crazy. I would suggest watching some of the top 10 teams in the country before I made that statement.
Derby state can play. Very good bunch of kids!
Kentucky Extreme won the Gatorade Tournament at KBA today... This was a nice tournament... Extreme beat Lex. Hustle in Championship..

Final Four
Extreme beat IC Ballers
Hustle beat KY Playmakers
Was in Florence and the Ky Extreme 5th and 6th was a no show this weekend. Anybody know what happen to them? I was really wanting to watch them after reading they won a tournament in Lexington.