Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Co playing in City of Palms Tourney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just heard Harold Mullins calling the Knott and Letcher game on the radio and he said Knott has been invited to play in the City of the Palms Tournament in 2 yrs. This is huge for the Pats and will give these talented kids an opportunity to showcase their skills in front of big time coaches and scouts.
Wow that's awesome. Knott County will be scary good by then with Justice, Christon, Hall and Cornett all being Seniors!
i got some bad news for you knott fans. knott will be average by then because i was there when perry central was going to hire raymond justice and he turned the job down because he said he would be moving to Scott County after this year so his son Cameron Justice could play at Scott County. If you take Justice off of that team right now they might be the fourth or fifth best team in the region.
hitter Wrote:i got some bad news for you knott fans. knott will be average by then because i was there when perry central was going to hire raymond justice and he turned the job down because he said he would be moving to Scott County after this year so his son Cameron Justice could play at Scott County. If you take Justice off of that team right now they might be the fourth or fifth best team in the region.

....hahhahaha.....
:lame:
hitter Wrote:i got some bad news for you knott fans. knott will be average by then because i was there when perry central was going to hire raymond justice and he turned the job down because he said he would be moving to Scott County after this year so his son Cameron Justice could play at Scott County. If you take Justice off of that team right now they might be the fourth or fifth best team in the region.

LOL!!! Wishful thinking
Would not be surprised if Justice is playing for a prep team that year.
Altro Cat Wrote:Would not be surprised if Justice is playing for a prep team that year.

It's a possibility.
However, I see him finishing out his career at KCC.
zaga_fan Wrote:It's a possibility.
However, I see him finishing out his career at KCC.

I agree he has nothing to gain at a prep school!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I agree he has nothing to gain at a prep school!

Anyone who is good enough to play at a prep school has something to gain by doing so. There is a reason so many of the top kids continue to do so each year.

The competition alone makes them better and better prepares them for the next level. Once a player reaches a certain level it hurts their development to continue to play against mediocre competition, which is what he will face if he plays a schedule filled with eastern Kentucky high school teams.

And also let me say that I don't know if he will or even if he will reach the level where he needs to step up his competition but I do think he is good enough that he needs to consider it and KCC fans should also realize that it is an option he may have and not consider it a foregone conclusion that he will be there for two more years following this season. His father has already moved him once for basketball reasons so I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility to think he may do it again.
You only play at a Prep School if you don't have the skills and no grades, and he has both!!!
Altro Cat Wrote:Anyone who is good enough to play at a prep school has something to gain by doing so. There is a reason so many of the top kids continue to do so each year.

The competition alone makes them better and better prepares them for the next level. Once a player reaches a certain level it hurts their development to continue to play against mediocre competition, which is what he will face if he plays a schedule filled with eastern Kentucky high school teams.

And also let me say that I don't know if he will or even if he will reach the level where he needs to step up his competition but I do think he is good enough that he needs to consider it and KCC fans should also realize that it is an option he may have and not consider it a foregone conclusion that he will be there for two more years following this season. His father has already moved him once for basketball reasons so I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility to think he may do it again.

Prep schools are nothing but glorified AAU teams, the coaching is horrible and the education is non existant. Most of their better players are one and done in college.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Prep schools are nothing but glorified AAU teams, the coaching is horrible and the education is non existant. Most of their better players are one and done in college.

Just not true at all. While there are a few "basketball academies" out there most prep schools are very good schools with very good coaching and academics.