Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Johnson Central 1/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Pirates (6-2) take the trip to Paintsville to take on JCHS (8-6) on Saturday. Two of the top five players in the 15th in this one, Messer and Hall. Got to say the Eagles are the favorite due to strength of schedule. Both teams have had since December 29th to get rested, but Belfry goes to Phelps the night before. Last year's meeting resulted in a 73-70 Johnson Central win.
Let Hall get his 35 stop the rest and get the win...
Always an interesting match-up. Hall is more athletic by far, and longer, but has nowhere tear the strength the D1 tight end prospect Messer does. Should be interesting to see how JCHS plays it. They may employ the same strategy with "Give Messer his, don't let Hall get in foul trouble" and it comes down to Adkins, McPeek, Blair (did I get those right?) vs. Charles, Robinson, and Hurley.
You may be surprised by Shane's strength, Saturday. I think he hasn't even been playing these last few games, I haven't seen him in, he has been injured. If you don't think Shane doesn't have the strength, why does he have an offer from #17 Butler and Tennessee? They must think so.

I see you post all the time with something negative about him just so you can compliment Messer, it's getting old. Everyone knows Hall will be able to take him on just fine.

I'm a JC graduate of 2002, Hall is fun to watch!!
He didn't say that Hall had no strength, just Hall is nowhere near as strong as Messer...and he isn't. It's not a slight, very few basketball players in EKY are this year.

Is Hall the better basketball player? Yes, but not by as much you think.

Is Hall a better D-1 prospect in basketball? Absolutely!

Happy??
I have nothing against Shane Hall? Lol. Two totally different types of player. Hall is 2 inches taller and way more athletic, Tony is short and strong. If it makes you feel better though, yeah I hate Shane.
I will go on record as saying Hall is the best player IN THE MOUNTAINS regardless of region. Watching him 360 as a freshman blew me away.
Camron Justice - Knott Co

Originally from Belfry
I played with Cam in elementary school, I just feel like it is easier to match up to a guard than it is Hall which is why I'd pick Hall then Justice. What if Shane moved to Hindman, though? Can you even imagine ...
Johnson County Centeral 63 Belfry 44.
What if Shane moved to Perry Central?
I certainly hope the game is closer than that. I think at either school he could play SF. Knott is legit. I haven't gotten to see Perry though.
Warming up now, and no Shane Hall tonight.
17-9 Belfry after 1, remember no Hall.
Pirates turn the ball over a ton in the second, Messer didn't play a minute in the second in a foul riddled game. Mckenzie for JC and West for Belfry have 3 in the half. Pirates lead 29-28
44-38 jchs through 3. Belfry not making the statement we wanted without Hall by any means
Belfry nor Messer made a statement. What was the statement made earlier, oh yea.

"Let Hall get his 35 stop the rest and get the win." No Hall, No 35, didn't stop the rest and didn't win.

Good team work in the second half.