Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tony Romo - Has there ever been a bigger flop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In all seriousness, has their ever been a quarterback in the NFL who has received so much undeserved adulation as Romo who has deserved none of it? Has their ever been another QB in history to single handedly eliminate his team from playoff contention every single year.

Was there even a doubt in anybody's mind tonight the game where the Cowboys wanted it and the spotlight on Romo, that he would once again, screw his team from making the playoffs once again. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a 10 year veteran. Let me repeat myself T-E-N years. Yet, even at the beginning of tonights game, the discussion was "this is Tony's chance to prove to the critics he is an elite QB". Sorry Chris and Al, its TEN years, he has not proven it in 9 years and 15 games, NO - he is NOT an elite QB!

Elite QB's are not just about putting up 4,000 yards passing! Elite QB's take their teams to the playoffs, not ruin the playoff drive every single year by their own hand!

FLOP!
Romo = Choke Artist.

I'd say we have seen the last of Romo and Garrett in Dallas.
I know several of you have seen me comment about the most overratted QB's in the game, and as ive mentioned several times before, Romo is at number one. There has never been a QB to suck worse than him in clutch time. With all that money, cap or no cap, the Cowboys need to get a good QB.
Rothlisdoublecheeseburger is my second only because his defense won a couple of superbowls for him.
^ That is Big Ben Sucklessburger!
^
Confusednicker:
Its funny how all there fans have magically dissapeared...
I think Sanchez of the jets is the newest big time flop as far as QB's go!
^
Sanchez has only been in the game for a couple of years.
Romo has sucked for nearly a decade.
Romo is Sanchez but in a way bigger franchise. Jones needs to make a move fast.
Do-double-gg Wrote:I think Sanchez of the jets is the newest big time flop as far as QB's go!

It dont get much worse than Sanchez.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I know several of you have seen me comment about the most overratted QB's in the game, and as ive mentioned several times before, Romo is at number one. There has never been a QB to suck worse than him in clutch time. With all that money, cap or no cap, the Cowboys need to get a good QB.
Rothlisdoublecheeseburger is my second only because his defense won a couple of superbowls for him.
I recall Big Ben leading a 90 yard touchdown drive in Super Bowl 43. The defense was not on the field then. The Cardinals offense was scoring at will on the Steelers D in the second half of that game.
BTW, how many Super Bowls has Flacco been to? How many games has Flacco won just because of the Rat Bird defense? Flacco does not make the playoffs his first 4 seasons if were not for the Ravens' D.
I hope Romo stays in Dallas. As long as he is in Dallas, I know that he will find a way to choke and Dallas will never win a championship.
^ LOL, Amen!
Romo just being Romo.... HAHA I love it.....

Cowboys Hater!!!!
Cutler.
Ok, as for where have the fans been? Well, I for one don't have time to post 4,321 times a day. As for the Steelers, they apparently weren't on the same page offensively most of the year. I knew this was not a Super Bowl year, so not making the playoffs is not too big a deal. As for the Bengals, the phrase, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then" applies. Yeah, they've been to the playoffs two years in a row. Yippy Skippy!! What have they won? When have they last won a playoff game? If making the playoffs is cause for celebration, then the Bengal fans can have their celebration. As for the Ravens, I have always hated and respected them. However, they have cause for concern, because the defense is crumbling and they don't have the offense to carry them. As for Ben being a choke artist, that is a laugh. Remember Super Bowl XL? Even though he didn't have a great game, do you remember that he beat the Bengals, Colts and Broncos all on the road? Do you remember the clutch drive against the Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII? Yeah, go ahead and laugh because the Steelers didn't make the playoffs. At the end of the day, the Bengals and Ravens will be home just like them, only the Steelers will have a higher draft pick.
Jarons Wrote:I recall Big Ben leading a 90 yard touchdown drive in Super Bowl 43. The defense was not on the field then. The Cardinals offense was scoring at will on the Steelers D in the second half of that game.
BTW, how many Super Bowls has Flacco been to? How many games has Flacco won just because of the Rat Bird defense? Flacco does not make the playoffs his first 4 seasons if were not for the Ravens' D.

Cheeseburger is fat, slow, and throws more ducks then the Robertsons.

Flacco has been the starter for a whopping 3 or 4 years. He has led the Ravens to the playoffs every single year. The Ravens D has consistently been in best year after year, but to say that, your saying Tom Brady sucked because his D got him there.....

Face the facts, your Steelers just missed the playoffs, Ben is getting fatter, and your defense is getting older. I wouldnt be surprised to see you finish dead last in the division next year.
Shady Grady Wrote:Ok, as for where have the fans been? Well, I for one don't have time to post 4,321 times a day. As for the Steelers, they apparently weren't on the same page offensively most of the year. I knew this was not a Super Bowl year, so not making the playoffs is not too big a deal. As for the Bengals, the phrase, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then" applies. Yeah, they've been to the playoffs two years in a row. Yippy Skippy!! What have they won? When have they last won a playoff game? If making the playoffs is cause for celebration, then the Bengal fans can have their celebration. As for the Ravens, I have always hated and respected them. However, they have cause for concern, because the defense is crumbling and they don't have the offense to carry them. As for Ben being a choke artist, that is a laugh. Remember Super Bowl XL? Even though he didn't have a great game, do you remember that he beat the Bengals, Colts and Broncos all on the road? Do you remember the clutch drive against the Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII? Yeah, go ahead and laugh because the Steelers didn't make the playoffs. At the end of the day, the Bengals and Ravens will be home just like them, only the Steelers will have a higher draft pick.
1991Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cheeseburger is fat, slow, and throws more ducks then the Robertsons.

Flacco has been the starter for a whopping 3 or 4 years. He has led the Ravens to the playoffs every single year. The Ravens D has consistently been in best year after year, but to say that, your saying Tom Brady sucked because his D got him there.....

Face the facts, your Steelers just missed the playoffs, Ben is getting fatter, and your defense is getting older. I wouldnt be surprised to see you finish dead last in the division next year.
Big Ben won 2 Super Bowls by his 4th year.
^
With the best defense in the league....
Shady Grady Wrote:Ok, as for where have the fans been? Well, I for one don't have time to post 4,321 times a day. As for the Steelers, they apparently weren't on the same page offensively most of the year. I knew this was not a Super Bowl year, so not making the playoffs is not too big a deal. As for the Bengals, the phrase, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then" applies. Yeah, they've been to the playoffs two years in a row. Yippy Skippy!! What have they won? When have they last won a playoff game? If making the playoffs is cause for celebration, then the Bengal fans can have their celebration. As for the Ravens, I have always hated and respected them. However, they have cause for concern, because the defense is crumbling and they don't have the offense to carry them. As for Ben being a choke artist, that is a laugh. Remember Super Bowl XL? Even though he didn't have a great game, do you remember that he beat the Bengals, Colts and Broncos all on the road? Do you remember the clutch drive against the Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII? Yeah, go ahead and laugh because the Steelers didn't make the playoffs. At the end of the day, the Bengals and Ravens will be home just like them, only the Steelers will have a higher draft pick.

I can only hope you all receive your wish, and keep Bigger Ben for 20 years.
It's completely sad when Charlie Batch outplays you.

Ill continue to hope for your franchises demise and wish you nothing but an 0-16 season. :Thumbs:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Cutler.

:Thumbs:

Number 3 on my list.