Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals @ Texans 1/5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the Bengals break the 22 year long playoff win drought? Thoughts and predictions?
That orange tiger is gonna feel the horns from the bull.

Texans 35-21
Do you have a date for the game?
Texans have played poorly recently, however this team beat the Bengals in the playoffs last season with two injured Pro-Bowl players and their pro-bowl QB injured as well. Texans should win but I'm not sure.
Game is Saturday at 4:30 PM
Texans-27
Bengals-14
The Bengals have a defense to make a run deep into the playoffs but................................................ their offense SUCKS. You have to be able to score on offense to win.
IMO the way that the texans pass defense is right now the bengals have a real good chance at winning this game. They have one heck of a defense which is good enough to shut down foster and the texans running game, but they still have to stop the passing attack of Houston in order to end the drought.

If the bengals on offense can run the ball just a little they should be able to really get their passing game going. Houston defense has gotten worse as the season has went on just too many injuries at key spots.
Stardust Wrote:Do you have a date for the game?

I did not know you felt that way Dusty Confusednicker:.

At the time the thread was started a date wasn't determined. Thanks SO King for the save. :Thumbs:
This season has been a little strange for the Bengals. Early on, the offense seemed to be one of the NFL's best. But over the last few weeks it has gone south.

What has kept them afloat is that the defense has become one of the top 2-3 defenses in the league during that same time. I really thought that the pass defense would be a major problem this year, what with all the old men and castoffs (Terence Newman, Adam Jones, Nate Clements, Taylor Mays) manning things. Considering that Leon Hall is not the same player coming back from the ankle injury last year, I'm amazed that we don't get torched for 400+ passing yards every week. Just a credit to Mike Zimmer and his schemes.

As for the game, I think our D keeps it close, but the offense just can't get it in gear:

Texans 20
Bengals 13
Stardust Wrote:Do you have a date for the game?
I'll probably watch it with my wife. Confusednicker:
Bengals will be "the Bungles" and lose 24-14.
Bengals 20 - Titans 17

The "Red Rifle" must act on his reads more quickly and Gruden needs TO RUN THE BALL for the Bengals to win.

Otherwise the D or special teams will have to score atleast a TD Confusednicker:....

This could get ugly for them, but I have to root for my team. GO BENGALS!
Time for my Texans to demolish that tiger.
Bengals can't catch a break with these refs. Missed pass interference calls. Missed holding calls.

And then they call a phantom holdin call to keep a 3 and 2 Alive.