Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 70 - Perry Co. Central 63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Republic Bank Classic

Johnson 17pts 9 reb in the loss for PCC
^Figured Perry would win this one. Knott rolled over this team.
^Surprised as well.
Perry Central just kept shooting themselves in the foot...

Perry Central fouled Simon Kenton on three 3 point shots, 1 was a and-1.

And Justin Johnson got a T..

But hats off to Simon Kenton they made plays and free throws...
From what I have seen out of the Commodores in this tournament they have a way to go. Unpredictable making too many mistakes. Free throw shooting has to get better. Defense not nearly as good as should be. Still plenty of time to improve. Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.
lol
Too inconsistent!!! Play great one game then stink up the gym in the next. Poor fundamentals, no offensive flow, and too dependent on Beverly. Have two good bigs yet no consistent low post presence. Defense is weak, no help defense. The problem is not the talent you have 3 of the top players in the region on the same team. I know its early and Johnson has only played in a few games but alot of their problems are fundamentals.
baller4lyfe Wrote:lol

? Are we supposed to be mind readers. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
I think he's trying to refer to how dangerous Perry was supposed to be "as soon as they get Johnson eligible". Well, he's doing ok, but the team isn't. That's my assumption but I am not sure.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:I think he's trying to refer to how dangerous Perry was supposed to be "as soon as they get Johnson eligible". Well, he's doing ok, but the team isn't. That's my assumption but I am not sure.

I Don't know either. What he meant. Still early in the season. I think Perry will be alright. Need to work harder. Last season Perry peaked about three weeks too early. Too much talent to not be dangerous. Inconsistent right now. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
I think B4L is trying to be a troll like me
KHSAA12 Wrote:^Figured Perry would win this one. Knott rolled over this team.

Congrats SK on getting the W. Surprised it went to OT. BTW, SK shot 27% against KCC, missed many wide open shots they normally hit so don't hurt your hand patting yourself on the back. Not making excuses, just stating the truth. KCC is fun to watch with there tempo and team style play. Justice plays every possesion like it's his last, which is a coaches dream. He does look and definately plays older than his age. Who does he play his summer ball with? The big boy has good instincts and great touch around the basket, best of luck rest of the year.
Perry Central is only going to getter better with the Beverly and the two big kids inside.
FIRST Wrote:Perry Central is only going to getter better with the Beverly and the two big kids inside.

Not looking that way
hop24 Wrote:Congrats SK on getting the W. Surprised it went to OT. BTW, SK shot 27% against KCC, missed many wide open shots they normally hit so don't hurt your hand patting yourself on the back. Not making excuses, just stating the truth. KCC is fun to watch with there tempo and team style play. Justice plays every possesion like it's his last, which is a coaches dream. He does look and definately plays older than his age. Who does he play his summer ball with? The big boy has good instincts and great touch around the basket, best of luck rest of the year.

Tennessee Travelers
Downtown10 Wrote:Tennessee Travelers

Thanks for the info, will be keeping up with these young men. Heard Mid. Tenn. St. already has offered the big boy. Very impressive as a soph.
lol
Downtown10 Wrote:Tennessee Travelers
I wasnt sure who he played with but I know that I talked to a couple Trinity parents at the Farm Bureau Classic and they were telling us that Justice and Hall both played with their sons over the summer.
Johnson is out of shape. Not sure what he was doing while he could not practice but many trips down the court he was walking or jogging with his tonge hanging out. He is a stud and will be a huge asset to this team when he gets in shape. Along with Beverly they are going to be very dangerous.