Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County - 54 Pebblebrook, GA - 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In what was a thrilling game, the Tigers came out on top as Kody Reed his a shot as time expired. Pebblebrook is loaded with talent and was faster or bigger at every position.

Kentucky teams like to hold the ball to have an attempt at the last shot but something happened many would never imagine. The Falcons held the ball for almost 3 minutes to open the 4th quarter as the game was tied. After the ball switched hands they did it once again for almost 2. With only a few seconds left, Clay County stopped Pebblebrook and got the ball with 5 seconds remaining. Tyler "Chip" McDaniel received the ball on the inbounds and as he was triple teamed with almost no time remaining, found Reed and he converted.

Whether you are a Tiger fan or not, any time a Kentucky team can beat a solid out-of-state team it says something about the talent in the state. Especially one on the outskirts of Atlanta.

Both the Tigers and Lady Tigers are in the championship games tomorrow. Bring home the hardware!
Pebblebrook would be in the top 5 teams in Kentucky easily. A huge win for the program and a great confidence booster. Lyttle has stepped up big time along with Reed and Bowling is easily the best 6'3 rebounder I've ever seen. McDaniel who is still battling the flu was hounded by a future D1 combo guard but still managed to hit the big shots, break the stud's ankles and connect Reed for the game winning bucket. Blake Smith is a freshman to watch. He has really stepped it up and helped handle the pressure. The only thing that would compare to the defensive pressure Pebblebrook had would be Ballard or Trinity. Heck of a win for the Tigers! Biggest win in the program in quite a while. Respect was earned tonight!
Congrats to Tigers. Bobby Keith would be proud.
It was a good win and an exciting game, but don't get carried away on Pebblebrook being a top 5 team in KY since they are 8-6 and ranked 98th in GA.
jed I don't care what the record or MaxPrep ranking is, Pebblebrook was legit. U find me 5 better teams in Kentucky, I'd like to see them. Huge win for the Tigers and another good team tonight. A little smaller but maybe a quicker and better outside shooting team.
Bubba, you know good and well Peddlebrook would not be a top 5 team in Kentucky. You can drive to Louisville and Lexington and find 5 better teams. They won't earn any respect until they can beat Harlan, or a North team with Jake Allen.
I agree, it matters what you do in the region in this state. Seeing that Kentucky and Delaware are the only states that don't do a class system. But, in Georgia you have Atlanta which is almost twice the size of even Louisville. Athens is about like Lexington and a few other decent sized towns. The talent is better than Kentucky. Compare Dwight Howard to Allan Houston. Atlanta to Louisville. I rest my case.
Dacula is the best team in the tournament, in my opinion. Tonight a lot will be said. I don't care if you go to MaxPreps or not, those boys can straight up ball. If the Tigers win this one, there is no excuse of not winning any region outside of Louisville or Lexington.
Great points UKCC. I still think Stephenson was best team because their bigs were legit. And no there isn't one team in Lexington that is as good or near as talented as Pebblebrook. Trinity and Ballard are comparable and in all honesty would probably beat them 5-10 points. Dacula can play as well. Last time I checked we crushed Harlan Co and they aren't the reigning champs. North is until we bring it home in March.
Any Kentucky team beating a team from Georgia gets a thumbs up. Congrats to Clay County!
Congrats to the tigers. I always love to see a mountain team go out of state and do well.
Appreciate that. That's the way I feel.
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Last time I checked we crushed Harlan Co and they aren't the reigning champs. North is until we bring it home in March.

What did you check? It was an eight-point win and was a two-point game with 1:03 left.
Clay deserved to win. They were the better team. If they played like that against North they would have won the region.
I wouldn't argue with anyone picking Clay or North to win the region this year, but you don't get anything for winning the year before. Not even one point. It didn't help Bell much last year.
I was at the game against Harlan. It should have been a blowout and was until the last few minutes. North is the champ until someone knocks them out. After watching Clay this week they are the best team in the 13th. While they don't have a guy in their rotation over 6'3-4 they make up for it in speed, athleticism and the desire to play hard. But, McDaniel is extremely sick and has been playing on empty for quite a while. He has to get healthy for this team to reach their full potential. The seniors have finally bought in and played their guts out this past week. If/when he gets back to 100% they will be a hard team to beat.
McDaniel has to get healthy if Clay County is to have any shot at the regional crown. Even if Bowling has been playing amazing, Lyttle and Reed are always there, he is this teams go-to-guy. I had never seen a freshman in a while not be rattled by pressure like he did last year in the region tournament and is continuing to do.
This sounds like a throw back Tiger team.
They play a lot like the old tiger teams. They have the main gun in McDaniel and a nice, but undersized supporting cast. Fun team to watch when they play with great effort.
It was a one-point game at halftime. Clay had an awesome third quarter.

HARLAN COUNTY (27-6)
Tyler Brewer 4-13 6-8 15, Alex Sergent 4-12 2-4 12, Chad Massingill 6-11 5-10 18, Aaron Caldwell 3-7 0-0 6, Chase Calton 1-3 1-2 3, James Bond 0-2 1-2 1, Tyler Miller 0-0 0-0 0, Zach Caldwell 1-2 0-0 3, Cody Bumgardner 0-0 0-0 0, Trey Sanders 0-0 0-0 0. Totals: 19-50 15-26 58.
CLAY COUNTY (23-10)
Tyler McDaniel 5-15 7-9 17, Zach McGeorge 5-10 1-4 11, Kody Reed 5-9 0-1 13, Stephon Lyttle 5-10 2-2 12, Steven Wagers 1-1 0-0 2, Brandon Word 3-5 1-2 7, Zack Kemp 2-2 0-1 4, Sam Carr 0-0 0-0 0, Jordan White 0-0 0-0 0. Totals: 26-52 11-19 66.

Harlan County 12 12 12 22 — 58
Clay County 9 16 23 18 — 66
EKYBubbaWatson Wrote:Pebblebrook would be in the top 5 teams in Kentucky easily. A huge win for the program and a great confidence booster. Lyttle has stepped up big time along with Reed and Bowling is easily the best 6'3 rebounder I've ever seen. McDaniel who is still battling the flu was hounded by a future D1 combo guard but still managed to hit the big shots, break the stud's ankles and connect Reed for the game winning bucket. Blake Smith is a freshman to watch. He has really stepped it up and helped handle the pressure. The only thing that would compare to the defensive pressure Pebblebrook had would be Ballard or Trinity. Heck of a win for the Tigers! Biggest win in the program in quite a while. Respect was earned tonight!

How do you go from beating a team like Ballard or Trinity to being blown out by Wayne County?
Not that anyone else in the 13th is playing that great. Harlan County struggled pretty bad the past two weeks.
Maybe in Bubba's eyes Wayne Co. might be equal to Hunnington Prep.........
HDE: Makes no sense.. But that's high school basketball, unpredictable. I'll give Rodney Woods and Wayne a lot of credit because they play hard and are well coached but Clay has hit bottom. The team morale is not good right now to say the least.
Or maybe Bubba it's that their coach cries like a girl because everyone hates him. Probably scared another parent will come in his office because they all recognize he's too stupid to lace his shoes, much less coach a historic program that I built. No worries though, gonna take him to McDonalds and get him a happy meal with a wahhhhburger and some french cries. He's a baby just like McDaniel when I beat him on the links.
Old post but had to note: Ty Hudson, Pebblebrook guard just signed with Clemson.