Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark-3 Pikeville-2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow Congrats Sc. Sc Pitched Brandon May and P'ville pitched Justin Anderson

Any Stats?
Wow...This brings a nice little upset Smile
Congrats SC. I thought Pikeville would throw Huffman, I guess not.
Yea Blackcat I would Figure they would have to because you have to get past the first game before you can advance and when your in a tough tourny you CANNOT i repeat CANNOT save pitchers.
Im more shocked that Pikeville didnt throw Huffman than the fact the loss. I knew this game was a toss up but Pikeville has one of the best coaches around and he knows better than to save pitchers. Especialy after seeing what happened to Central and knowing your facing a tuff team. But in his defense they only gave up 3 runs so it sounded like SC's pitching was just tuff or Pikevilles bats wasnt there.
You can't play two untill you win one. Pikeville showed up thinking they had already won the game.They lost and deserved it.
bad hop Wrote:You can't play two untill you win one. Pikeville showed up thinking they had already won the game.They lost and deserved it.

Agreed:thumpsup:
Congrats SC! Hopefully the game tomm with Ac will be as good as last years regional battle between these two!
Another good coaching job by Chris Lawson. I can't count how many times he's done that over the years(saving pitchers for a game he hasn't even won yet)
ladies and gentleman, before you question a coaches decision, rationalize what might have happened to cause such a decision. He was not saving huffman, huffman simply could not go with a sore arm. Simple as that. He just COULD NOT pitch....
Proud of my boy BMay didn't have his best stuff and grinded it out like a warrior, only gave up 2 hits. BLaff was huge tonight made several good plays in the field and had 2 rbi's and a dinger. Good job guys now focus on Allen Central and get the job done again.
SC came to play tonight!!!
Awesoem win for the Cards. Bob Knight my friend he may not have had his best stuff, but tonight he was the man on the field. Our Cards are looking good. B. Laff. awesome game. Big go ahead homerun. Should be a good game tomorrow.
S.C advances to take on A.C...GO ALLEN CENTRAL
Belfry Wins Wrote:Im more shocked that Pikeville didnt throw Huffman than the fact the loss. I knew this game was a toss up but Pikeville has one of the best coaches around and he knows better than to save pitchers. Especialy after seeing what happened to Central and knowing your facing a tuff team. But in his defense they only gave up 3 runs so it sounded like SC's pitching was just tuff or Pikevilles bats wasnt there.
who says Lawson was saving anything???
Many in the Pikeville camp consider Anderson the #1.
Man, THIS IS BIG..COngrats to May and the Cards and best of luck against A.C.!
Good win for the Cards.
Disco Stu Wrote:Another good coaching job by Chris Lawson. I can't count how many times he's done that over the years(saving pitchers for a game he hasn't even won yet)
Then try counting how many times he has won the regional title. Come on, it's baseball...anything can happen. Anderson is their #1 pitcher and he went with him, it just didn't work out this time. Lawson is a great coach....enough said! Sheldon Clark was just a little better and May pitched a great game.
fox sports Wrote:who says Lawson was saving anything???
Many in the Pikeville camp consider Anderson the #1.
Exactly what I was thinking. Anderson it a GREAT pitcher and Lawson knows who he needs to throw. Giving up 3 runs is a pretty good outing IMO, Pikeville just didn't score when they needed to. Congrats to SC!
Maybe this may help shrink the ego of the Panthers and the Panther fans...
Naaa...wouldn't think so....Confusedhh:

Smile
The King Wrote:Maybe this may help shrink the ego of the Panthers and the Panther fans...
Maybe not!! They had a great season considering they lost 7 of 9 starters last season. The Panther Nation is starting to come on strong again in all sports. This was just a small bump in the road in the crazy game of baseball!!
Great win for the Cards! They are playing some great baseball right now...hitting, defense, pitching, baserunning...everything. Tonight's game between them and Allen Central should be a dandy! I can't wait!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Great win for the Cards! They are playing some great baseball right now...hitting, defense, pitching, baserunning...everything. Tonight's game between them and Allen Central should be a dandy! I can't wait!

Yessir!
great jod cards
Congrats to the Cards, big win. When was the last time Pikeville got ousted in the first round of region or not even make the region? It's had to have been awhile.
IMO Mike Hall has done more with his program than any coach in the 15th. He deserves a regional championship!!! Good luck Sheldon Clark!!!
Congrats Cards on your win. Panthers you had a great season.
who do you think S.C will pitch againts A.C
NYY10 Wrote:who do you think S.C will pitch againts A.C

They started with Shawn Johnson.
Pages: 1 2