Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AC 8 Belfry 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Congrats AC .....You guys played a great game....
Congrats Ac...good luck through the rest of the tourney!...Any stats?
Good luck AC the rest of the way.
Congrats to AC, who will they be playing tomorrow?
They will play the winner of the Pikeville Sheldon Clark game...Last I heard that score was 3(SC) 2(Pikeville)....
PHSCARD Wrote:Congrats to AC, who will they be playing tomorow?

The winner of SC and Pikeville
Congrats AC. I was told Turner had a no hitter going through the 6th, good job.
Good Job Ac. I was at the game and it seemed that belfry had some problems going on because first Their Ace West was tossed in the 1st and then Corey Chapman was tossed in the 6th. Both Teams Looked solid but Ac got the big hits when they needed and Turner pitched one heck of a game and kept hitters off balance. BRING ON SC!!
Yeah no excuses but Belfry couldnt get into the game mentaly and West had no reason to be tossed. The story goes like this on the toss. I was setting with other coaches who was very neautral and a couple umpires and they all said it was uncalled for. West walked the first batter of the inning and then hit 2 batters. The first one I believe stepped into it and the second one obviously did. Chris went and told the ump to watch for them stepping in nothing major there. Then later in the inning 2 outs and no score the ump calls time in the middle of West's wind up and Chris didnt see him so he threw it. Wasnt a wild pitch just down the middle and the umpire took off to the pitchers mound. Chris was stepped back off the mound regrouping and the ump made him go to him and it didnt look like he was talking very nice to him. The trip to the mound was uncalled for. Chris goes come on ump you need to get in the game and he tossed him. I hate to see Chris go out like that he is a good player and an even better person.
Heard the same story
As far as the game goes my hats off to AC Belfry was distracted and I believe it did hurt their hitting but thats no excuse. AC hit well fielded and pitched well. They cant help what happened and was the better team. Good luck int he rest of the tourney guys. Also hats off to Robert L Runyon he pitched good for the Pirates when he was put in during the first inning. And once again Im not crying dont think that congrats to AC you deserved to win.
Congrats to AC!! but I agree West should not have been tossed off the mound from what I seen but of course this is IMO! but then again I didn't hear everything that was said, but what I know of West he is a good kid and I don't know what he said to upset the ump so much.
What he told him was that he needed to get in the game. I ddint think the ump had any business going out to the mound that was just odd. That is what West told that he said and Chris would tell me if it was anything else. But it happened and you cant cry about it because it was done and over with. Hagey done a good job keeping his cool. I do hate to see Chris's career end the way it did though because he loves the game. But once again it happened and nothing you can do about it but congrats AC and wish them the best.
Congrats AC!
A.C will be playin S.C...DO ALLEN CENTRAL
Congrats AC!
A.C played S.C and lost in 10 innings