Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DeMarcus Cousins Suspended Indefinitely by Sacramento Kings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another game, another incident for former Kentucky Wildcat DeMarcus Cousins.

Cousins had a run in with his coach last night during the Kings game with the Los Angeles Clippers and did not return from the locker room after halftime.

Keith Smart elaborated on the incident after the game.

Quote:Following a verbal altercation with his head coach at the end of the first quarter, Cousins was benched in the second half for what Smart deemed “conduct detrimental to the team”.

“We’re trying to set a standard for all of our players,” Smart told a group of hungry reporters following the loss to the Clippers. ”And all of our guys that are here (know that). And when guys don’t fall in line to that, we’ve got to move on, we’ve got to move forward.”

The Sacramento Kings have taken action today and Cousins will not be playing for a lot longer than just the second half last night:

Quote:Sam Amick
@sam_amick

Sacramento Kings announce they've suspended DeMarcus Cousins "indefinitely for unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team."
22 Dec 12
Retweet
Favorite

I am sure most Kentucky fans would love to see DeMarcus Cousins succeed, but until he straightens out his attitude and do the right things to succeed, it makes one wonder if he ever will.

http://www.nationofblue.com/demarcus-cou...nto-kings/
He will be traded soon
He's a beast.. But no one will put up with that childish attitude!
^ I don't know, Rasheed Wallace keeps getting contracts. There is some coach out there saying I can fix that kid.
If teams will continue to sign Rasheed Wallace and Ron Artest, then Cousins will also have a job.
Agreed, Cousins doesn't compare to Rasheed in his day or Artest now, lol. I think he'll be fine once he gets comfortable. His teammates for the most part haven't done nearly as much as he has to make Sac succeed. Just think he's frustrated and this wouldn't have come up if they were winning, lol.

Good luck to him though because along with Dusty, I think he will be traded.
^ Fresh start would do him good.
He is just a thug.
Cousins has shown more than just flashes of being a 20-20 player. I hope that this indefinite suspension (Many near to the organization are saying he will not be brought back before the New Year, some even saying the All-Star break if the team can be remotely successful) can do him some good.

Cousins has shown at UK that winning cures all of his ills. I believe that if the Kings can get Tyreke Evans healthy and maybe trade for a wise no-nonsense veteran, he can be helped.

There is one major difference between Cousins and players like Rasheed and Artest: Cousins has honest-to-goodness Hall of Fame talent. Nobody builds a franchise around Artest or Wallace. (Indiana tried, and failed). Sac-town tried with Artest and failed.

I have said it a million times, if Popovich, Jackson or even a Van Gundy brother had Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins and two explosive scorers off the bench like Marcus Thornton (6th man of the year candidate, if he stayed more healthy) and Jimmer Fredette (we all know how he can shoot and score. He has 22 points in 14 minutes the other night) they would have a playoff team. Random coaches only win random games.
LWC Wrote:Cousins has shown more than just flashes of being a 20-20 player. I hope that this indefinite suspension (Many near to the organization are saying he will not be brought back before the New Year, some even saying the All-Star break if the team can be remotely successful) can do him some good.

Cousins has shown at UK that winning cures all of his ills. I believe that if the Kings can get Tyreke Evans healthy and maybe trade for a wise no-nonsense veteran, he can be helped.

There is one major difference between Cousins and players like Rasheed and Artest: Cousins has honest-to-goodness Hall of Fame talent. Nobody builds a franchise around Artest or Wallace. (Indiana tried, and failed). Sac-town tried with Artest and failed.

I have said it a million times, if Popovich, Jackson or even a Van Gundy brother had Tyreke Evans, DeMarcus Cousins and two explosive scorers off the bench like Marcus Thornton (6th man of the year candidate, if he stayed more healthy) and Jimmer Fredette (we all know how he can shoot and score. He has 22 points in 14 minutes the other night) they would have a playoff team. Random coaches only win random games.

There's some other big difference as well...
Cousins is a horrible teammate.

Very few people want to play with him.

Cousins is the only one that has sat out multiple games for being a freaking baby.

Say what you want about Rasheed and Artest...
but they have always had their teammates' back and they've been contributing on the floor night-in and night-out for years. Demarcus Cousins is NOT a hall of famer.
DeMarcus is a thug. He will never be a HOF'er because he would never allow himself to. I've heard people relate back to his UK days of a coach being able to control him, that was easy to control his thuggish ways - that was to continue to impress upon him that he will lose his 1st round draftsbility if he does not settle down. I guarentee you Cousins was going to be persuaded to leave if he even hinted at returning for a softmore year. Now he has the contract and now you see the real Cousins. He will continue to get contracts, but he will never live up to potential. And finally, there is no coach around thst could control Cousins. He marches to his own beat and does not have a single care about anyone. In 15 years we will be saying on hear "hey, remember Demarcus Cousins, he could have been a great one, instead he wasted his talent "
Stardust Wrote:DeMarcus is a thug. He will never be a HOF'er because he would never allow himself to. I've heard people relate back to his UK days of a coach being able to control him, that was easy to control his thuggish ways - that was to continue to impress upon him that he will lose his 1st round draftsbility if he does not settle down. I guarentee you Cousins was going to be persuaded to leave if he even hinted at returning for a softmore year. Now he has the contract and now you see the real Cousins. He will continue to get contracts, but he will never live up to potential. And finally, there is no coach around thst could control Cousins. He marches to his own beat and does not have a single care about anyone. In 15 years we will be saying on hear "hey, remember Demarcus Cousins, he could have been a great one, instead he wasted his talent "

I was about to say the same thing SD. Whether it is hitting Dasean Butler in the nardlies or running a HC off at Sac, once a thug, aways a thug.
there's a big difference between cousins and world peace (ron artest) and rasheed wallace. cousins is extremely selfish on and off the court. they all have bad behaviors, but artest and wallace play for their team. cousins is him 1st, him 2nd, him 3rd, and him 4th. until he learns how to trust his team and play with them, he'll keep getting in trouble like this.