Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best 15th Region Tournament Game Ever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In honor of the start of the 15th region baseball tourney, i was just wondering what everyone thought was the best 15th region tournament game they had ever seen was?
Last Year Allen Central vs. Sheldon Clark I think went into 10.
Last year had 2 of the best 15th Region Tournament games I have ever witnessed! Allen Central and Sheldon Clark played for 4 hours and 10 innings, before the Cardinals pulled away in the top of the 10th. Pikeville was pushed to the limit by a suprising Belfry team. The Panthers had to score 2 in the bottom of the 7th to win, or someone else would've been crowned Champs of the 15th. These are 2 I can remember!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Last year had 2 of the best 15th Region Tournament games I have ever witnessed! Allen Central and Sheldon Clark played for 4 hours and 10 innings, before the Cardinals pulled away in the top of the 10th. Pikeville was pushed to the limit by a suprising Belfry team. The Panthers had to score 2 in the bottom of the 7th to win, or someone else would've been crowned Champs of the 15th. These are 2 I can remember!

Both of them games were great
Paintsville back in 2004 came from behind in a big way to defeat Belfry in a game that was suspended from the night before due to a bad rain storm. Pikeville beat Paintsville 3-2 in the championship game back 2002 at SV.
The Ac vs. Sc game last year. IMO
PHSCARD Wrote:Paintsville back in 2004 came from behind in a big way to defeat Belfry in a game that was suspended from the night before due to a bad rain storm. Pikeville beat Paintsville 3-2 in the championship game back 2002 at SV.
The storm was during the Pikeville JC game. The lights went out at midnight during the Belfry game lo. That was crazy.
last year... AC vs SC hands down
The Paintsville vs. Johnson Central region championship game in 2000 was an awesome game. Don't remember the score, do remember Jason Kinner blasting a homerun off the mountain at Pike Central to seal the deal for the Tigers.
the best 15th region tourny game ever may be going on right now...SC and AC are in another 10 inning game as we speak.
StormTrooper33 Wrote:last year... AC vs SC hands down
Not any more its this years.
AC vs. SC May 30th 2006....best game ever...10 innings....4 hours and 30 minutes...
cheer_girl Wrote:AC vs. SC May 30th 2006....best game ever...10 innings....4 hours and 30 minutes...

This Game was one of the best game's I have watch to, both teams wanted it but S.C just came out with the win,good job to all teams and Paintsville and S.c
That game was NOTHING compared to the game may 31 PHS vs. SCHS in the regional championship. A last minute victory it was the top of the 7th and pugh came in to pitch and was rocked SC scored 5 to go up by 2 then senior Shawn Johnson closed out the game to a storm of players attacking him and then the fans made it out by far the best game in regional history.
basemaster Wrote:That game was NOTHING compared to the game may 31 PHS vs. SCHS in the regional championship. A last minute victory it was the top of the 7th and pugh came in to pitch and was rocked SC scored 5 to go up by 2 then senior Shawn Johnson closed out the game to a storm of players attacking him and then the fans made it out by far the best game in regional history.

Come on now basemaster, if you are gonna tell that story don't make it sound like the Red Sox mad a come back on the Yankees. Pugh WASN'T rocked by any means. SC scored 5 runs on ONE hit, that's NOT getting rocked. I will agree that this game was one the best.
So B-mays rip and Horn shot to third were the 2 most decisive plays in the game in my opinion thats rocked to me. when you are winning by 3 and you lose i call that rocked
cheer_girl Wrote:AC vs. SC May 30th 2006....best game ever...10 innings....4 hours and 30 minutes...
actually it a was three hours and thirty minutes
basemaster Wrote:So B-mays rip and Horn shot to third were the 2 most decisive plays in the game in my opinion thats rocked to me. when you are winning by 3 and you lose i call that rocked

Smile 5 walks, a hit batter, an error and ONE base hit doesn't quite fit the description of getting "rocked". If all those walks would have been base hits then YES, that would fit the "rocked" category, but they weren't, they were walks.
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Come on now basemaster, if you are gonna tell that story don't make it sound like the Red Sox mad a come back on the Yankees. Pugh WASN'T rocked by any means. SC scored 5 runs on ONE hit, that's NOT getting rocked. I will agree that this game was one the best.

I'll agree that PHS wasn't ROCKED in this game, but the game is good simply because it was a last-minute comeback and it made it intense for the crowd.

Definitely not the best game ever, though.
The ball that Horn hit to third was not a shot by any means. Like PC said, getting only one hit and I'll give may credit, he smoked it. But that is not getting rocked. If all of their runs would've come off of basehits, now that is being rocked my friend.
Paintsville over P-burg 19-2 in 1990. Why is that the best game ever? I went 5 for 6Wink.
fox sports Wrote:actually it a was three hours and thirty minutes

My Bad...
1998 Region championship game between Pikeville and Johnson Central...Pikeville won the game 2-1 scoring a run in the bottom of the 7th.

Thats the best one that I have seen...
PHSFAN Wrote:1998 Region championship game between Pikeville and Johnson Central...Pikeville won the game 2-1 scoring a run in the bottom of the 7th.

Thats the best one that I have seen...

No doubt about it! That is the best region game that I ever witnessed from the stands. Brad White and Shoftner went toe to toe for 9 innings and slugged it out.

I also witnessed a great game in the 96 region finals between JCHS and Betsy Layne. 1-0 game won in the 9th by JCHS. If I am not mistaken Shawn Hale got the win going all 9 inns.

This yrs. region final was also a great one but not even compariable to the 98 region final.
i doubt you hit it that good:BigLaugh:

Big Jim Wrote:Paintsville over P-burg 19-2 in 1990. Why is that the best game ever? I went 5 for 6Wink.
2003 East Ridge and Sheldon Clark. 10 innings I believe with Clark scoring the winning run in the bottom of the 10th with 2 outs. Lead changed througout the final 5 innings like crazy.
I was at that game!!! it was awesome!
PC_U_KNOW_98 Wrote:Smile 5 walks, a hit batter, an error and ONE base hit doesn't quite fit the description of getting "rocked". If all those walks would have been base hits then YES, that would fit the "rocked" category, but they weren't, they were walks.
he wasnt rocked sounds like he couldnt pitch
it was the most exciting game i have ever seen in hs baseball.
98 region final pikeville vs jchs, all i got to say is ben "disco" scott in the bottom of the last inning hit the game winning single down the right field line.
Pages: 1 2