Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Warm Christmas Wishes To My BGR Family
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the next time Mark Burnette wants to drop a few million on a social experiment, he needs to leave Donald Trump alone and try it here; on BGR. I’m not kidding either.

I was thinking of the things I wanted to say to all of you guys this time of the year. But for personal messages to each of you, I couldn’t come up with a “group” message; if you will. Partly because of how individualized and different all of you are, but mostly because I can’t explain to myself why I care about the people who post on this forum. I mean, I’ve met a precious few here, but for some crazy reason, I care about you guys….I really do.

I think about TheRealVille, and how he so effortlessly pisses me off from time to time. But I still hope that he’s smiling on Christmas day. And all my other friends from the political boards that I enjoy more than I can say; Hoot, TRT, Harry Rex, WideRight05 and even WildcatK23 from time to time!! I know I’m conservative, but Hoot Gibson, TheRealThing and Harry Rex post some of the most thought provoking and inspiring messages that I have ever read.

I think about the sexist pervs, RIUTG and Stardust, and hope they are safe and with their family on Christmas Day. They “spark” so much of the communications on the boards, and they both travel so much!! I want them safe and happy next week!

I think about the “good” guys….too many to mention but Spud, OTH, judgementday, Spirit, LWC, Deathstar, Blackcat….quickly come to mind. Forever the conversation sparkers and kidders; they make posting a joy for me! I think about the crustiest old bastards and wonder about their soft side! LOL Seger and vundy really hit me the hardest; they offered me so much compassion and understanding during my recent problems. You guys just wouldn’t believe how compassionate some people on this board really are, and how much I appreciated their concerns.

There are some who are special to me because of what I have learned from them; folks like Norm Peterson, McCameraMan and MtnHSFootballFan. What diversion and tenacity I have seen from some of these people! Impressions that will last my lifetime.

I really think of those who have had issues to deal with recently, JagSwag, Ballers, RoShamBo (and that terrible accident earlier in the year). It seems as though 2012 was a tumultuous time, yet we’ve all survived so far to fight again.

And then, the new friends that I’ve come to know a little. HHellBird and that great Cooper fan base, the Belfry posters on the mountain football thread (LOVED that!!), middlesboroalumni and Brother Cecil (who isn’t new here, but new to me!!). I’m thankful to have gotten to know several newbies that have started to post here.

Finally my Black Bear Nation; I love these people! They are so genuine and supportive of their kids, and other people’s kids, too. They, as other fan bases, work their butts off for the kids! I appreciate efforts from folks like them, i.e. panther nation; cougarpride, and that whole part of the Bell County fan base that were standing there applauding when their football team walked off our field after defeat (wow!); folks who work tirelessly and give of their own time to benefit others. This time investment in the children of today can only pay dividends in the future.

I hope all the Seniors everywhere success and God’s blessings as they leave high school. I can’t help but be a little concerned about them, too. But time will tell.

I will be off the boards for a week or so as we travel to watch the Hilton Head Holiday Classic. I’m looking forward to this break! Since Thanksgiving weekend, my life has been turned upside down and then back again, but it’s all good. I’ve promised Brother Cecil updates from this tournament, and if I can figure out the way to post, I plan on doing just that.

So, I wish my BGR Family a Merry Christmas; with much love and emotion!!

I hope and pray for a happier, healthier and more productive 2013.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18

Do not regret growing older; it is a privilege denied to many. Enjoy the little things in life for one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.
author unknown

P. S. Mods: We need Christmas icons AND why is there a blue apple and a little green alien in the BGR banner??? (just curious)
Granny Bear Wrote:So the next time Mark Burnette wants to drop a few million on a social experiment, he needs to leave Donald Trump alone and try it here; on BGR. I’m not kidding either.

I was thinking of the things I wanted to say to all of you guys this time of the year. But for personal messages to each of you, I couldn’t come up with a “group” message; if you will. Partly because of how individualized and different all of you are, but mostly because I can’t explain to myself why I care about the people who post on this forum. I mean, I’ve met a precious few here, but for some crazy reason, I care about you guys….I really do.

I think about TheRealVille, and how he so effortlessly pisses me off from time to time. But I still hope that he’s smiling on Christmas day. And all my other friends from the political boards that I enjoy more than I can say; Hoot, TRT, Harry Rex, WideRight05 and even WildcatK23 from time to time!! I know I’m conservative, but Hoot Gibson, TheRealThing and Harry Rex post some of the most thought provoking and inspiring messages that I have ever read.

I think about the sexist pervs, RIUTG and Stardust, and hope they are safe and with their family on Christmas Day. They “spark” so much of the communications on the boards, and they both travel so much!! I want them safe and happy next week!

I think about the “good” guys….too many to mention but Spud, OTH, judgementday, Spirit, LWC, Deathstar, Blackcat….quickly come to mind. Forever the conversation sparkers and kidders; they make posting a joy for me! I think about the crustiest old bastards and wonder about their soft side! LOL Seger and vundy really hit me the hardest; they offered me so much compassion and understanding during my recent problems. You guys just wouldn’t believe how compassionate some people on this board really are, and how much I appreciated their concerns.

There are some who are special to me because of what I have learned from them; folks like Norm Peterson, McCameraMan and MtnHSFootballFan. What diversion and tenacity I have seen from some of these people! Impressions that will last my lifetime.

I really think of those who have had issues to deal with recently, JagSwag, Ballers, RoShamBo (and that terrible accident earlier in the year). It seems as though 2012 was a tumultuous time, yet we’ve all survived so far to fight again.

And then, the new friends that I’ve come to know a little. HHellBird and that great Cooper fan base, the Belfry posters on the mountain football thread (LOVED that!!), middlesboroalumni and Brother Cecil (who isn’t new here, but new to me!!). I’m thankful to have gotten to know several newbies that have started to post here.

Finally my Black Bear Nation; I love these people! They are so genuine and supportive of their kids, and other people’s kids, too. They, as other fan bases, work their butts off for the kids! I appreciate efforts from folks like them, i.e. panther nation; cougarpride, and that whole part of the Bell County fan base that were standing there applauding when their football team walked off our field after defeat (wow!); folks who work tirelessly and give of their own time to benefit others. This time investment in the children of today can only pay dividends in the future.

I hope all the Seniors everywhere success and God’s blessings as they leave high school. I can’t help but be a little concerned about them, too. But time will tell.

I will be off the boards for a week or so as we travel to watch the Hilton Head Holiday Classic. I’m looking forward to this break! Since Thanksgiving weekend, my life has been turned upside down and then back again, but it’s all good. I’ve promised Brother Cecil updates from this tournament, and if I can figure out the way to post, I plan on doing just that.

So, I wish my BGR Family a Merry Christmas; with much love and emotion!!

I hope and pray for a happier, healthier and more productive 2013.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18

Do not regret growing older; it is a privilege denied to many. Enjoy the little things in life for one day you will look back and realize that they were the big things.
author unknown

P. S. Mods: We need Christmas icons AND why is there a blue apple and a little green alien in the BGR banner??? (just curious)

:Clap:

Simply misunderstood Granny.....just misunderstood.:biggrin:

Anyways, hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.:Thumbs:
The blue apple and alien are basically saying you can get the app for your iPhone or android. Whichever tickles your fancy.
God love you sweetie. Be safe in your travels and I can't wait to hear how the trip went.
Granny, you are the apple of of my eye. :biggrin:
I must have slipped Granny. You have me on the good guy list Smile.

All kidding aside, i love your little quote at the bottom about not regretting growing older. It is oh so true.

Wishing you & your's a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

P.S. i left out the Bear on purpose to rebel against you a little since you said Ballers is the only one that can call you just Granny Smile.
By the way im in the process of corrupting him. I'm taking him to a poker game tonight lol.
Love ya Granny!
Simply misunderstood Granny.....just misunderstood.

I agree Bob Seger; you're just a big teddy bear!!!

Thanks for the information taxidriver; I would get an I-Phone but it would take be 2 years to learn to use it.

I can tell you how the trip will go right now, Dusty. We will kick ass and take names!!!
Wink

Unexpected response from Gut.......I'll wait for the inevitable insult before answering.

Thanks for the well wishes BlackCat. Watch out for little Ballers; love his heart!! We'll get him raised yet!!
^I'm starting to wonder Smile. If he dont straighten up i'm gonna have to ground him lol.
Granny Bear Wrote:Simply misunderstood Granny.....just misunderstood.

Thanks for the information taxidriver; I would get an I-Phone but it would take be 2 years to learn to use it.

I can tell you how the trip will go right now, Dusty. We will kick ass and take names!!!
Wink

Unexpected response from Gut.......I'll wait for the inevitable insult before answering.

Thanks for the well wishes BlackCat. Watch out for little Ballers; love his heart!! We'll get him raised yet!!

Granny has already started drinking HOOCH!:Clap:
^^
Nope, not yet. I have all the girlfriends and my grand daughter with me....girls weekend out!!

Now, when I get back....maybe!
As big of a drinker that I am, it would take one, maybe one and one-half to put me down!!
^ Hmm., cheap dateConfusednicker:
Back in my "drinking days", six of us would pool our money to get $4.00. That would get us enough gas to run all weekend, and buy a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.
We would flip to see who would be the DD. Even in my teen years, I NEVER drove or drove with someone drinking.

But anyway, that bottle would get the other 5 knocked down!!!

Oh, the memories!!! LOL
You and your Black Bear Posse have fun and be blessed in Hilton Head. Safe travels and serve Kentucky High School Hoop Nation proud. GO BLACK BEARS!
God Bless You Granny and be safe and have a happy new year!!
Merry Christmas! Travel safely and have fun in Hilton Head!
Merry Xmas Granny Bear love ya and have a safe trip.
Granny Bear Wrote:Simply misunderstood Granny.....just misunderstood.

Wink

Just have Dusty tell me when you two get back.
Granny Bear Wrote:Back in my "drinking days", six of us would pool our money to get $4.00. That would get us enough gas to run all weekend, and buy a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill.
We would flip to see who would be the DD. Even in my teen years, I NEVER drove or drove with someone drinking.

But anyway, that bottle would get the other 5 knocked down!!!

Oh, the memories!!! LOL

Is that when gas was a quarter a gallon and you could buy a coke and a candy bar for a nickel??? Lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just have Dusty tell me when you two get back.

I doubt that he'll be able to speak!
Wink
crazytaxidriver Wrote:Is that when gas was a quarter a gallon and you could buy a coke and a candy bar for a nickel??? Lol

Actually, you are correct!!!

Sitting here on the balcony watching the ocean; how gorgeous!! It was 73 degrees when we arrived without a cloud in the sky. The kids on the school bus were about 100 miles behind us; they were fighting high wind and rain...with temps in the mid 40s. So going to enjoy this evening tremendously as the weather will certainly go down hill!!! Don't mind it much though....games start tomorrow!!!!
:Clap::Clap:

Oh, and Brother Cecil; I'm hooked up with the Wyfy and ready to post scores tomorrow, only if we win of course!!
Smile
Glad to hear you guys made it safely Granny B.

Keep us updated on the scores please.
Granny Bear Wrote:Actually, you are correct!!!

Sitting here on the balcony watching the ocean; how gorgeous!! It was 73 degrees when we arrived without a cloud in the sky. The kids on the school bus were about 100 miles behind us; they were fighting high wind and rain...with temps in the mid 40s. So going to enjoy this evening tremendously as the weather will certainly go down hill!!! Don't mind it much though....games start tomorrow!!!!
:Clap::Clap:

Oh, and Brother Cecil; I'm hooked up with the Wyfy and ready to post scores tomorrow, only if we win of course!!
Smile

Lol enjoy it now. Tomorrow we will all be floating into space lol
Where is mine at Granny? Wink
You weren't here then, sweetie!!

Special Merry Christmas to J-Rod!!!!

P.S. Harlan Co Bears tried their best to lose the opening game. Down 21/31 at the half. But they battled back, tied the score and won in overtime 82/77. I can't take many of those kinds of games!!!