Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 74 Shelby Valley 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Johnson Central.

According to the radio Hall led JC with 19 and Richardson led SV with 15.
Congrats JC
Sv stayed with JC through out the first half on some good shooting. SV just went cold in the second half and had too many unforced turn overs. Just can't give JC that many chance or they will pull away every time.

Nice win JC.
Got to say that Johnson Central is extremely athletic; strong & fast.

One observation from the game was that the vast majority of the turnovers were forced by the pressure that JC put on the ball. There were very few "unforced" turnovers, but that's just my observation.

Johnson Central is just GOOD. When they hit the three, with the inside game they have, it would be hard to beat them.

Got to say, in my opinion, the game was officiated very good. The refs let them play and didn't try to control the game. After last weekend with the 16th region officials, it was a breath of fresh air.

We are still so young, and hopefully with every lump we take, it will make us a better team down the road.
What I was referring to as "unforced" turn overs was. Just flat out not catching a pass that hit them right in the mitts.

Trust me. I know JC is good. But SV just couldn't catch it or shoot it in the second half. SV had to hurry their shots in the second half cause JC was getting out to the ball quicker than they were in the first half. But, when they did have time...nothing would fall.
The gullet boy for JC looks like the best shooter on the team. And JC's press is gonna kill teams this year.
^ you are correct on both of those statements!
^^Agree.
Their press is very good.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Final from Johnson Central.

According to the radio Hall led JC with 19 and Richardson led SV with 15.

Did Belter play in this one? And if not, when do they expect him back?
More Cowbell Wrote:Did Belter play in this one? And if not, when do they expect him back?

If thats the tall boy from sv then he didnt.
Saying Belter will not be back until mid-January.

Didn't get to watch this one, is it a different game with Belter in?
^Anytime you have that much size inside. It's a different game. Not saying that the outcome would have been different though.
region Wrote:Didn't get to watch this one, is it a different game with Belter in?

OffTheHook Wrote:^Anytime you have that much size inside. It's a different game. Not saying that the outcome would have been different though.

I agree with OTH in that the outcome (an SV loss) would not have changed. Belter would not have made a 20-point difference.

That said, he is a very important piece of the puzzle for Valley's team. Without Belter, SV obviously got taken to the woodshed. With him, I believe SV is able to at least hang close on the road with what may be the top team in the region.
region Wrote:Didn't get to watch this one, is it a different game with Belter in?

Looking at the schedule, and I noticed that means he will miss the 15th region All-A tournament. Probably shoots any chance Valley would have had of advancing out of the Expo.

He would also miss their first district game at Pikeville on Jan. 11.