Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes 66 - Simon Kenton 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Holmes remains unbeaten and is gaining momentum!
Holmes seems as a real threat in the 9th region.
This could be a great year for them MVP. Let's re-visit their record in about ten games. They could make a deep run. NCC is very tough, they won't run and gun like Holmes, just solid fundamentals and good defense!
All in all a good game. Holmes has a good team but I think NCC, CovCath, and Cooper are better.
This is the second time I've seen Holmes play this year. This game was closer than the 9-point final margin. Real good effort by Simon Kenton tonight. Bulldogs were up by 5 at half and surged to a 9-point lead early in the third quarter. Then SK went on a heck of a run and took a 6-point lead late in the third quarter. Holmes played well down the stretch and finally took a 5-point lead with about 3 minutes to go in the game. I haven't seen a box score yet, but Bolden may have hit for 30 tonight. SK had the size to stay with Holmes down low, but they had no answer for Bolden when he drove to the basket.
^

I dont ever get to see alot teams play from NKY but I've heard a lot of good things bout Bolden. From what I've heard he is neck to neck with Hatton for the best player in NKY. Sounds like he put on a good show tonight.
Holmes plays at CovCath Jan. 8. Battle of two premier point guards: Ruthsatz vs. Bolden. Mark it on your calendar. It's still too early to pick a front-runner in the 9th Region. Any of six or seven teams could get hot at the right time (like Newport did in '10) and play in the Sweet 16.
Bolden leads all scorers with 29 pts, 5 rbs, 5 stls.
Englemon 15 pts, 11 rbs
Palmer 11
Coston 6
Chames 2
Hill 2
Glover 1

Sampson leads SK with 27 pts.
Barnes 10
Bowling 6
Morrison 6
Robinson 4
Kuntz 2
Montgomery 2
Coach Booher said this was the best team he's had at Holmes since he took over. The thing about this team is just how fast and aggressive they are on defense, which is usually CovCath's Achilles heel
Once Swanson and Barnes get their legs under them SK will be hard to beat.