Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive not got to see a lot of 14th region basketball thus far.

What is everyone's predictions and thoughts about the 14th before heading into Christmas break? Power teams, Surprise teams, etc.
hazard,kcc it will be down to them
When Johnson becomes eligible Perry will be a load for anybody to handle. Don't have as much depth as Hazard but will be very strong inside. Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.
As of right now I would rate Hazard #1, followed closely by #2 Knott Central and #3 Perry Central. Now, if Johnson becomes eligible ay Perry Central then they could move past Knott Central into 3rd.

Knott Central hosts Hazard this week so we'll know a little more after that game on how 2 of the better teams stack up.
Leslie county has suprised me with first year head coach Daniel Day. I mentioned in a previous post they were a different team and IMO they are. Played a tough schedule early but still have kept up with some impressive opponents. Day and his coaching staff have some players in Hyden.

Hazard impressed me I actually thought they lost a lot of talent last season but now that I think about it they really didnt. Pcc and knott central of course having early success.
Hazard only graduated one Senior from last year's team Everyone else returned, including Olinger who sat out last season. The team is loaded and should compete in the 14th.
what about owsley
Hazard is a step ahead of every team right now due to having such a deep team. And I agree Knott is a very close second, and imo if hhs don't press you got a chance. But as i said before in a different thread there is two schools waiting on big time players for eligibility(pcc,cordia). The 14th is loaded this year and before going into Xmas break the edge has to go to hhs. But Perry and Cordia will look a lot different come tournament time if Johnson, Owootoah, and King are ruled eligible
Any word on when those three kids may become eligible?
Letcher Central surprised me on being undefeated so far. Tonight they play a great team. Go Cougars!
McCameraMan Wrote:Any word on when those three kids may become eligible?

All three have got their recommendation from the judge. The only difference I know of is Owootoah and King are still in their first 15 day waiting period. The judge requested 15extra on Johnson and the last day for his ruling I believe is Dec.28.
Thanks for the info!
KHSAA12 Wrote:Hazard is a step ahead of every team right now due to having such a deep team. And I agree Knott is a very close second, and imo if hhs don't press you got a chance. But as i said before in a different thread there is two schools waiting on big time players for eligibility(pcc,cordia). The 14th is loaded this year and before going into Xmas break the edge has to go to hhs. But Perry and Cordia will look a lot different come tournament time if Johnson, Owootoah, and King are ruled eligible

Is Owootoah a common name around Cordia community?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Is Owootoah a common name around Cordia community?

It is this year. Peace be among us Brother Cecil.
lol
When will Johnson be eligible for PCC? any word?
Knott
Hazard
Perry
Cordia(if everyone gets to play, could be over or everyone else.)
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Is Owootoah a common name around Cordia community?

Lotts Creek is full of Owootoah's. I cant believe someone question that Owootoah to corida is like olinger to hazard.
owsley and letcher are both the surprises at this point