Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley @ OBI 12/17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?Predictions?
Who the hell is OBI?
Oneida Baptist Institute is a program where you never know from one year to the next what they're going to have. Its partially a boarding school, so an influx of new students come in every year or leave. With that said I know very little about this years team. It's usually a difficult place to win. Although Owsley High is only 20 miles from there, the schools are in different regions.
Owsley Co.
OBI hasn't won any games this year per KHSAA. I don't think Owsley will be their first. I'll pick Owsley by 10.
Owsley 88
OBI 50
Owsley by 18+
OBI actually gets some really good athletes from time to time..
I totally forgot they where even a school.. Lord I'm gettin' old
Ballers Wrote:OBI actually gets some really good athletes from time to time..
I totally forgot they where even a school.. Lord I'm gettin' old

OBI has got the setup to be a powerhouse if they wanted to go that direction. I mean, they are a boarding school. They could be a mini version of Oak Hill.
Back in the late '70s they had a freshman by the name of Ben Franklin. He was about 6'6 and wore a size 16 shoe. And he could dunk it any way he wanted. He was a heck of a rebounder, too. I remember after one of our games with them at Oneida someone was complimenting him about his numerous rebounds in the just finished game, and he said, "I'm just like Windex....I wipe the glass clean!" Lol.
His teammate was another 6'6 player whose last name was Crawford. They had the inside game that year, probably one of the best front courts in the 13th region. They were only lacking at the guard spot. so, they didn't go very far in the post season.
owsley by 20 points