Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co. 44 South Laurel 32
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from South Laurel. Harlan Co was able to hit some freethrows down the stretch to pull this one out. Was a 4 point game in the 4th qtr. The offense for both teams struggled due to poor shooting and some very good defense. Heard tonight that Grubb will return for South next week and hopeful for an early January return for Sanders.
Congrats to the bears, improving to 7-0. Great football program, rising basketball program, im assuming the baseball is just as good. This team will be one to watch come febuary and on into march
What an ugly game!! But a win is a win, I guess. South Laurel had an excellent strategy by slowing down the tempo. Appeared to have effected us, too. We got to where we couldn't throw the ball into the ocean!!! Free throws were a joke; thankfully we started making them down the stretch. Officiating was terrible, IMO; on both sides of the ball. Inconsistent calls, imaginary calls...the only thing that was consistent was the inconsistency. I clearly saw 2 out of bounds calls against SL that were incorrect; the intentional foul called against SL was a joke; and you may see a head butt in a game on ocassion, but TWO head butts to the groin area on two different players, that were completely ignored? Gimme a break!
Grubb and Sanders will make SL much better. It is hard to know how good they are until all the pieces are together.
Nice win for Harlan county. Congrats black bears!
ugly game, poorly officiated, everyone in the gym saw the goaltend at souths end except the three officials on the floor.lots of whistles blown when there was no foul.
I had forgotten the goal tend! You are absolutely correct; and it was more than obvious. I thought the camo group would come apart at the seams!!
Good win Bears. Off to a great start this year. Keepit going. Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.