Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County 81 Shelby Valley 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the Boyd Co. Classic.
Boyd shoots 36 free throws to only 10 for Valley.
Shelby Valley fouled an awful lot. Some really dumb fouls too. I was hoping for a little better. Boyd has a couple of really strong kids too. But Shelby Valley was hot in the first half then simply didn't make many shots in the 2nd. I think the fouls ended up fairly even if you consider that SV had to foul at the end of the game to try to keep it close. Probably 6 trips. There's 12 FT right there.
Shelby Valley has a couple of big kids too, but they don't get them the ball enough, when you shoot from outside the 3 point line you aren't going to get fouled as often as when you take the ball inside. Boyd does a good job of getting the ball inside to their bigs, that is where the foul difference is, SV has no reason to complain about the difference in free throws, just take a look at where your shots are taken.
The worst thing for this team is when someone makes one from 6 feet beyond the arc, they think it's their night. I agree with EKY, SV had success when the bigs got it deep and seems they were content to jack it up.
16BBALL Fan I sent you a private message
Went to the games last night with a group of friends and we were all in agreement that Boyd's basketball program apprears to be headed in the right direction. Kids were unselfish, played hard and seemed like they were really supporting one another. Not saying they are a favorite to win the region or anything, but looked like to me that they have a group that can compete on most nights.