Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Collins 68 Shelby County 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Shelby County 11 7 13 14 45
Collins 16 13 25 14 68

Shelby Co. (1-6) - Gowin 2, Gordon 9, Barry 5, Moore 6, Weeks 4, Manica 7, Dugle 4, Harris 3, Cochran 5.

Collins (6-1) - Kidwell 8, R. Stone 15, Whyte 3, Johnson 11, Marshall 21, Smith 10.

3-point goals - Gordon, Cochran, Kidwell, Johnson 3, Marshall.

Collins 68, Shelby County 45: Dez Marshall poured in a game-high 21 points and grabbed six rebounds as the host Titans (6-1) defeated the Rockets (1-6). Teammate Ralphie Stone also added 15 points for Collins.

http://www.usatodayhss.com/game/martha-l...b5a1ee0002
Shelby probably still a year or two away. I think Ralphie can be the best player on the floor when he wants to be. Johnson has the best stroke, but struggles against larger size, Dez...not sure he can play big time D1...I question the work ethic, hope I'm wrong. Shelby doesn't see it on the record but last year was giving up 85 a game, that has improved...Gordon is still young and soft. They need a scorer, not sure if that is coming up the pipe thru middle school yet.
The signs are pointing to this thing evening out in a couple of years, with East getting some wins over West, and Shelby JV wining over Collins Tuesday night, although Collins will always have the edge. I still think Gaither's coaching is suspect... We will see when the talent drops. I hope Couch sticks around...he didn't realize how much of a mess Parsons left it until he got to SCHS.