Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Co. 59 - Pikeville 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Pikeville.

Nathan Howard with a buzzer beater to win the game.
Wow! What's up with the panther's?
Hearing after night Kasongo is no longer with the team. Going to be an ugly season for the Panthers. Coach better start practicing a half court offense because teams are abusing the Panthers. How many years has Pikeville ran the same plays?
^ why would he no longer be with the team?
Young guys learning a lot of new stuff. Don't want to sound like a broken record, but when Rowe is off, PHS will struggle. Not a big surprise. This season it will be hard to complain about results as long as the effort is there and for the most part, the team gave great effort. Just not hitting on some open shots, and a couple defensive breakdowns and a few 50/50 balls go the other way and you lose a tough one like this. But that happens, and the team will build on it.

Hopefully, some breaks start going the way of the Maroon and White and some W's show up! This is a different spot to be in, as these are games in which PHS has come out on top it seems the majority of the time the past 3-4 years. But the future is bright, IMO. Gotta keep chopping! On, On Maroon and White!

Congrats Magoffin, played hard and the right way and earned this one!
PT, what was that guy talking about kasongo not being on the team anymore? Also, you got any stats?
McCameraMan Wrote:PT, what was that guy talking about kasongo not being on the team anymore? Also, you got any stats?

Pitts had 30+ I would think. Great game by him.

Not my place to comment on that at this time. Let it run its course, and see what happens before commenting further. Emotions are too high right now and to comment on unknowns would be unfair to all parties.

Most important thing is that this was a fun game to watch between two teams competing hard on the court.
Ugh...I was just about to ask how Ray did. Did he play, if so, how'd he and those two guards do?
I saw this coming from the day I heard Kasongo was going to Pikeville.. It doesn't matter where the kid is, it's going to happen.. People said LeMaster couldn't handle it, but it's not the coaches, it's the player!!! I don't know how many times it takes for R.K. to figure out he is the problem. I know him very well and feel very sorry for the kid b/c he is extremely talented & has a very high ceiling for improvement, but I'm not sure if he wants it for himself.. Extremely sad. I would like to hear more of what happened though, exact details??
Where will he pop up next? Let's call Brandon Bender and find out his next destination! Maybe we can have a contest? Perry Central, Southwestern, Cordia, June Buchanan, Red Bird, Wesley Christian, Oak Hill, the Pikeville YMCA, the Washington Generals?

When will this joke end? This makes a mockery of high school basketball in this state and particularly this area.
All you internet shit-talkers and haters can keep on hating. He is a Pikeville basketball player and D1 recruit. No matter what you think you "know" about him, you don''t.

All this was was a heated exchange during the heat of a game. That's it. He is still on the team and still practicing, and will sit out tonight vs Seneca and the back to normal, playing the game vs Gate City. Keep on hatin'.
Diogenes Wrote:Where will he pop up next? Let's call Brandon Bender and find out his next destination! Maybe we can have a contest? Perry Central, Southwestern, Cordia, June Buchanan, Red Bird, Wesley Christian, Oak Hill, the Pikeville YMCA, the Washington Generals?

When will this joke end? This makes a mockery of high school basketball in this state and particularly this area.

An FYI, he isn't associated with Brandon Bender anymore and hasn't in quite a while. Good job posting BS though.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Pitts had 30+ I would think. Great game by him.

Not my place to comment on that at this time. Let it run its course, and see what happens before commenting further. Emotions are too high right now and to comment on unknowns would be unfair to all parties.

Most important thing is that this was a fun game to watch between two teams competing hard on the court.

You're right!
I wanna see Kasongo succeed. I might be the minority lol
(An FYI, he isn't associated with Brandon Bender anymore and hasn't in quite a while. Good job posting BS though.) and who have you been talking tooooo, you know so much Vundy23, why don't you just start coaching, RK is a turd and will always be a turd, can't play with people because he thinks he should get 100 touches a game and heck he can't catch it half the time, he needs to go see a doctor for anger issues. Good luck to Pikeville...
McCameraMan Wrote:I wanna see Kasongo succeed. I might be the minority lol

And some of us want to see Kasongo go. It is a joke that players can be RECRUITED in from Canada and then jump around wherever they wish.
THOMCAT Wrote:And some of us want to see Kasongo go. It is a joke that players can be RECRUITED in from Canada and then jump around wherever they wish.

You all are ridiculous. He's a 17 year old kid trying to play DIVISION 1 basketball! Can't do that from Canada!

ColdasIce Wrote:(An FYI, he isn't associated with Brandon Bender anymore and hasn't in quite a while. Good job posting BS though.) and who have you been talking tooooo, you know so much Vundy23, why don't you just start coaching, RK is a turd and will always be a turd, can't play with people because he thinks he should get 100 touches a game and heck he can't catch it half the time, he needs to go see a doctor for anger issues. Good luck to Pikeville...

Cry some more for me. Haters gonna hate, keep it up and you'll see success. :Sad04:
Vundy33 are you ABSOLUTELY and COMPLETELY positive that Kasanga is not associated with Branden Bender?? I mean 100% positive he is not associated with him? Please don't reply and say yes u are b/c that would just be a bold face lie. I have no problem with you Vundy33 whatsoever, but myself and the ENTIRE state know for certain Ray "Bender" Kasanga are tied to one another.. Is just a fact that you cannot deny anymore. And on another note, I hope Ray gets to stay on the team and see what this Panther team is made of, but I don't know how much Mr. Williams will put up with.. Good luck Panthers & the entire 15th!!!
You can't play Division I basketball from Canada? I missed that rule somewhere.

If you want to better your chances to play big-time college ball, why not do it the way the other Canadians have done it, by going to an actual prep school where they teach you life skills and prepare you for college athletics, where you play across the nation with massive recruiting exposure against other good teams (Oak Hill, Huntington Prep, etc.), instead of random tiny high schools in the backwoods of EKY that rarely play a game outside the 606, playing all your games against teams with clumsy 6'2" centers? He's hiding from the scouts instead of going somewhere to find them. Why? What is he hiding from? Why would you prefer to live this lifestyle instead of a prep school in a bigger city? The whole situation reeks, and not just his, but all the other mail-order mercenaries across EKY (see also Cordia's entire roster and the kids falling out of the skies at Perry Central and Southwestern).
Diogenes Wrote:You can't play Division I basketball from Canada? I missed that rule somewhere.

If you want to better your chances to play big-time college ball, why not do it the way the other Canadians have done it, by going to an actual prep school where they teach you life skills and prepare you for college athletics, where you play across the nation with massive recruiting exposure against other good teams (Oak Hill, Huntington Prep, etc.), instead of random tiny high schools in the backwoods of EKY that rarely play a game outside the 606, playing all your games against teams with clumsy 6'2" centers? He's hiding from the scouts instead of going somewhere to find them. Why? What is he hiding from? Why would you prefer to live this lifestyle instead of a prep school in a bigger city? The whole situation reeks, and not just his, but all the other mail-order mercenaries across EKY (see also Cordia's entire roster and the kids falling out of the skies at Perry Central and Southwestern).

This is the best post I've ever read on BGR! You have expressed the feelings of 99% of the true high school basketball fans in the 606! Diogenes, please make this a thread by it's self so everybody will see it!
McCameraMan Wrote:I wanna see Kasongo succeed. I might be the minority lol

I want to see every kid succeed. no matter where they are from. or what baggage they have.
^ glad someone is with me!
THOMCAT Wrote:And some of us want to see Kasongo go. It is a joke that players can be RECRUITED in from Canada and then jump around wherever they wish.

Diogenes Wrote:You can't play Division I basketball from Canada? I missed that rule somewhere.

Hiding from scouts huh in little ole' EKY huh? Google him, take a good look at those offers, or attend some games and say hi to the IU, Cincy, and many other scouts that come to little ole' east KY to watch him, and then come tell me he's "hiding". He is at a smaller school instead of a top prep school so he stands out better. He's not a Wiggins or Parker or Young or Harrison. And about Canada, there's no rule, but go ask Andrew Wiggins and many, many others why they came to the US to pursue D1 basketball instead of trying to make it from Canada. It's 50x harder up there.

Again though, keep hating on kids moving to the U.S. trying to make it big. Don't know if it's just that you sucked when you were in school and couldn't make it, or you have a kid that's not good enough to play over these guys, or if it's that you just can't stand Canadian kids, but keep it up. Looks good on ya. :flush:
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:Vundy33 are you ABSOLUTELY and COMPLETELY positive that Kasanga is not associated with Branden Bender?? I mean 100% positive he is not associated with him? Please don't reply and say yes u are b/c that would just be a bold face lie. I have no problem with you Vundy33 whatsoever, but myself and the ENTIRE state know for certain Ray "Bender" Kasanga are tied to one another.. Is just a fact that you cannot deny anymore. And on another note, I hope Ray gets to stay on the team and see what this Panther team is made of, but I don't know how much Mr. Williams will put up with.. Good luck Panthers & the entire 15th!!!

Dude, I talk to the kid every day, like I've said 100 times before, he's like a little brother to me. And I am POSITIVE he isn't associated with Bender anymore and hasn't been for a few months at the very least. Every kid that Bender gets in with eventually finds out who and how bad a person he truly is and they cut their ties, and Ray did just that. They were associated before, but not in months. And that's the facts, you won't get any info any better than that.
Is Kasongo still on the team?
vundy33 Wrote:Hiding from scouts huh in little ole' EKY huh? Google him, take a good look at those offers, or attend some games and say hi to the IU, Cincy, and many other scouts that come to little ole' east KY to watch him, and then come tell me he's "hiding". He is at a smaller school instead of a top prep school so he stands out better. He's not a Wiggins or Parker or Young or Harrison. And about Canada, there's no rule, but go ask Andrew Wiggins and many, many others why they came to the US to pursue D1 basketball instead of trying to make it from Canada. It's 50x harder up there.

Again though, keep hating on kids moving to the U.S. trying to make it big. Don't know if it's just that you sucked when you were in school and couldn't make it, or you have a kid that's not good enough to play over these guys, or if it's that you just can't stand Canadian kids, but keep it up. Looks good on ya. :flush:

Oh, he's standing out all right these days, but it's not for anything basketball related, looks like.

Nobody says these kids shouldn't be able to come to the United States. What we question are the circumstances that lead them to places that aren't even on most maps. If you're sitting in Toronto or Hamilton or wherever, and you think, where can I go to become a basketball star, what logic leads you to pick East Ridge HS out of every school in the 48 contiguous states? Who directs this process and assigns these kids to these schools? Your ad hominem attacks are amusing, but don't change the fact that somebody is funneling these kids to these schools under very suspicious circumstances. The circus that surrounds them constantly takes away from the kids in the region who are actually playing competitive basketball the right way and not attempting to make a mockery of the rules or change schools like underwear in an attempt to game the recruiting process.
Dont lose site of the fact that by the KHSAA ruling he is ineligable and only by a judges decision he is playing. If the KHSAA follows their usual path after the season they will make Pikeville forfeit the games he plays in and they will fine Pikeville.See Highlands, Pike Central, etc when they were involved in such situations in the past.
Rebelsfan2013 Wrote:Is Kasongo still on the team?

Yes. Sitting out one game.

Diogenes Wrote:Oh, he's standing out all right these days, but it's not for anything basketball related, looks like.

Nobody says these kids shouldn't be able to come to the United States. What we question are the circumstances that lead them to places that aren't even on most maps. If you're sitting in Toronto or Hamilton or wherever, and you think, where can I go to become a basketball star, what logic leads you to pick East Ridge HS out of every school in the 48 contiguous states? Who directs this process and assigns these kids to these schools? Your ad hominem attacks are amusing, but don't change the fact that somebody is funneling these kids to these schools under very suspicious circumstances. The circus that surrounds them constantly takes away from the kids in the region who are actually playing competitive basketball the right way and not attempting to make a mockery of the rules or change schools like underwear in an attempt to game the recruiting process.

I've explained why he came to EKY literally probably 20-30 times on this site, and multiple times to you. I'm sick of it. You can hate on him all you want but this is the last I will reply to you, unless you degrade my buddy or any other player I'm close with. End of discussion with you because you won't believe anything except what you want to believe. So, again, keep on hatin'. You and the other doubters will be proven wrong soon enough. It's about achieving his goal, and he will, just watch.
^ No matter how many times you explain it

[Image: Haters-Gonna-Hate-pokemon-22217816-1107-1374.jpg]
EKY...the only place you can escape murder and KHSAA transfer laws.
Pages: 1 2