Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 45 - Johnson Central 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great game tonight by the cards. Hall played the 2nd half.
great game by the cards
I thought the cards made JC play their style of ball
Good win tonight for the cards
Does anyone got any stats for the game.
dont have any stats but both teams missed alot of free throws
This was a great game by both sides the Cards have a great coach and team that just flat out hustle. I love watching them play. Hall moved pretty well on a sprained ankle. He can jump outta the gym he really try's to tear the rim off.
Great win for the Cards and coach Smith.Nobody really gave them much of a chance but they played great defense and team basketball, plus great crowd support. Glad Spurlock went to Perry Central because it gave SC to out and hire a top notch coach in Frankie Smith. At least they are playing man - to - man defense, not that zone Spurlock played. Of course listening to him on that radio the other night he said that at Sheldon Clark kids did not knoiw the right way to play. Gess this win shows that our kids do know how to play. Big Win Cards.:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
I was impressed with SC at the fast lane classic. They play very good defense and play smart offense by being patient and getting good looks. Coach Smith does a great job.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Great win for the Cards and coach Smith.Nobody really gave them much of a chance but they played great defense and team basketball, plus great crowd support. Glad Spurlock went to Perry Central because it gave SC to out and hire a top notch coach in Frankie Smith. At least they are playing man - to - man defense, not that zone Spurlock played. Of course listening to him on that radio the other night he said that at Sheldon Clark kids did not knoiw the right way to play. Gess this win shows that our kids do know how to play. Big Win Cards.:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Ditto on Spurlock going to PCC. Second best thing that ever happened to SC. First is Frankie Smith as a coach. SC Cards and fans are excited about basketball again. Watching the games and knowing the team is really enjoying playing means a lot. The game is not centered on one player.. They play as a team. Now that's a great COACH
HUGE win for the Cards! I LOVE our District!!!! Only thing that sucks....Is they get screwed every year with only two teams in the Region!!!!!
Yota Wrote:Great game tonight by the cards. Hall played the 2nd half.

Why just the secomd half? If you are not going to play him the entire game, then let the ankle heal another game. I know it was a district game but it is still way to early to risk him getting injuried again.
Sheldon Clark has a really fine, young team. I didn't see the game mentioned on here but i was at the Sheldon Clark/Greenup County game at Sheldon Clark. Granted, GC isn't that good but Sheldon Clark flat out filled it up especially from 3. They went 9 for 9 from three in the first quarter and hit their first 11 three point attempts of the game. They had 17 or 18 3's for the game. Just a great shooting display but it was the way they moved the ball and played as a team to be so young that was really impressive. Tough defense. Very well coached. Doesn't surprise me at all they won this game after seeing them last week.
I was so glad he played so they couldn't say they lost because he didn't.
Frankie Smith is AWESOME and we are blessed to have him as a Coach!
Maybe he just didn't know how to coach?
I think they were 15 of 21 for 3's on the night. Their defense is outstanding.
Congrats on a great win. I have never seen a team play with so much heart. They never gave up.
Wow, Sheldon Clark is doing well without Johnson & Spurlock.

This win shocked me. Even without Hall playing the 1st half.
Steelermatt Wrote:Sheldon Clark has a really fine, young team. I didn't see the game mentioned on here but i was at the Sheldon Clark/Greenup County game at Sheldon Clark. Granted, GC isn't that good but Sheldon Clark flat out filled it up especially from 3. They went 9 for 9 from three in the first quarter and hit their first 11 three point attempts of the game. They had 17 or 18 3's for the game. Just a great shooting display but it was the way they moved the ball and played as a team to be so young that was really impressive. Tough defense. Very well coached. Doesn't surprise me at all they won this game after seeing them last week.

If they hit 17 3's. That's 51 points. They only scored 45.
Steelermatt Wrote:Sheldon Clark has a really fine, young team. I didn't see the game mentioned on here but i was at the Sheldon Clark/Greenup County game at Sheldon Clark. Granted, GC isn't that good but Sheldon Clark flat out filled it up especially from 3. They went 9 for 9 from three in the first quarter and hit their first 11 three point attempts of the game. They had 17 or 18 3's for the game. Just a great shooting display but it was the way they moved the ball and played as a team to be so young that was really impressive. Tough defense. Very well coached. Doesn't surprise me at all they won this game after seeing them last week.

Armchair QB Wrote:If they hit 17 3's. That's 51 points. They only scored 45.
Nevermind. I see you were talking about another game.
Sheldon Clark displayed tremendous toughness last night. They had the "want to" and JC simply did not. The most impressive part of last night for me, was when Hall did enter the game and SC just played that much harder.
SCHS didnt sub one time the whole night, starters played the entire game. Dylan James really impacted the game on the defensive side as he is really the only size sc has as an eight grader he had 16 rebounds to go along with a a few blocks and six points. not his best night offensively either so you could even venture out to say that SC didnt play their best game last night. i was really impressed with parsley as well he controlled the pace of the game and hit some huge threes when they needed them the most. Chase kirk hits some big threes too. and the defense that trevor and pat play is really tremendous they both play wide open. trevor is the smallest player on the floor and will stand right in there every time and take a charge. the refs didnt give him a couple like when hall just abt jumped over top of him but i love the fight and the will to win this team shows. This is why you love sports tho right? when someone gives you no shot and your best player walks out for what he thinks is greener pastures. You have to commended a team that goes out and gives it everything they got when everyone had written them off. This team plays with a chip on their shoulder and hopefully can continue this success over the rest of the year. because the most meaningful games are in feb and march.
surprising score to say the least.
Great game by the SC Cards. Very good team work. Seemed like every shot that JC put up was blocked by either Kirk or James and I also think both of them were in double figures in rebounding. Parsley was on and took care of the ball well.Blackburn and Rice are relentless defenders which the whole team played very good defense. Coach Smith is doing a great job with this team. They respond well to him and looks like they have bought into his style and it looks like they are having fun. Congrats and good luck !!!
Defense is the key you keep them from shooting layups and don't turn the ball over you have a chance. Don't shoot the ball well from outside