Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co. 72 North Laurel 46
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
wow. Good job bears!!!!!
Any stats on this game? Did J Allen play for North?
Wow!! I picked HC by 6; they must've been on fire!!
Congratulations Black Bears!! Wish I could've been there to see this one!
Good win for the Bears, against a good North Laurel team with or without Allen. I believe they play South Laurel at South this week also. South Laruel also has a very talented ball team.
Boom.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Boom.

Goes the dynamite!
Good win for HC.
Game was a little closer than the final score. It hurt that Carson got into foul trouble. Played a big role in the final score. Didn't realize how many young kids NL plays. They are going to be good the next few years. Congrats to HC.
Carson was in foul trouble, but Brewer from Harlan Co. also played with some foul trouble and spent some time on the bench. Both teams will be really good by the end of the year.
HC had several players in foul trouble, but their bench is deep enough to really help with that this year. Even though they seemed to get tired in the third North Laurel has a good ball team. This was a good win for HC. Massingill had 23 and A. Caldwell had 15 points and 7 rebounds. I don't know how many assists Brewer had but it seemed like double figures to me. Gotta love those Black Bears!!!
hard for the jags to win with their big guy out. allen playing its a totally different story
WBA Wrote:Game was a little closer than the final score. It hurt that Carson got into foul trouble. Played a big role in the final score. Didn't realize how many young kids NL plays. They are going to be good the next few years. Congrats to HC.

They have two very good eighth graders, but most of the guys who played were senior or juniors.
arent they two big allen boys play for NL? younger one being like 6'6 he any good like jake?
Good win Bears. I think the Bears have an excellent chance to make the big show this year. Their guards are top notch. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Allen wouldnt have mattered. You get beat by 26, no one player is going to make that big of a difference. (Not at the high school level anyway.)
I don't know about that. According to a lot of people I spoke with Allen would add 10 to 14 points; give them a home advantage; and the best part about Allen is the way he "elevates" other people's game. I've seen that quality in only a few, too. Brewer for HC is like that with his no look passes, and his hustle. The Bears sure don't need to look past NL when we visit there later in the year.
HDE Wrote:They have two very good eighth graders, but most of the guys who played were senior or juniors.

That is what I am saying. Two eighth graders. You do not see that often at the high school level. Maybe girls, but not boys. They will struggle a little next year with the loss of Carson though.
raisedseams Wrote:Allen wouldnt have mattered. You get beat by 26, no one player is going to make that big of a difference. (Not at the high school level anyway.)

I was for HC, but I could name a couple of kids in years past that could make a 26 point difference. With Allen it is a lot better game. I don't think HC wins the rebounding margin 35-17. I think they still win, but not as big.
North Laurel will be better with Allen, but Carson is the player that makes that team go.
Good win for Bears.
WBA Wrote:I was for HC, but I could name a couple of kids in years past that could make a 26 point difference. With Allen it is a lot better game. I don't think HC wins the rebounding margin 35-17. I think they still win, but not as big.

Im not saying he wouldnt have scored 26 or 30 for NL. But in doing that, hes taking points from someone else in this game. In order to have made the difference in a 26 point game, he wouldve had to scored 40+ on top of lock down defense and the other little things. With Allen they win the Jackson county game, and dont need a last second put back to beat Rockcastle though. Not sure about the East ridge game. Didnt see it.
raisedseams Wrote:Im not saying he wouldnt have scored 26 or 30 for NL. But in doing that, hes taking points from someone else in this game. In order to have made the difference in a 26 point game, he wouldve had to scored 40+ on top of lock down defense and the other little things. With Allen they win the Jackson county game, and dont need a last second put back to beat Rockcastle though. Not sure about the East ridge game. Didnt see it.

I see what your saying, but I was actually looking at that angle, plus offensive rebounds. HC probably scored 14-18 points off second looks. Take away half of those and that also helps. Also, easy shots around the basket. He would have altered some shots that they made.

I am from Harlan County and I am glad HC won. Just think it would have been different had Allen played. A lot of different ways to make up that 26 points.
WBA Wrote:I see what your saying, but I was actually looking at that angle, plus offensive rebounds. HC probably scored 14-18 points off second looks. Take away half of those and that also helps. Also, easy shots around the basket. He would have altered some shots that they made.

I am from Harlan County and I am glad HC won. Just think it would have been different had Allen played. A lot of different ways to make up that 26 points.

I agree with what youre saying. He would have made the biggest impact in the rebounding difference more than how many points he scored. But I think Harlan wins the region easily this year. They have a good team, and the 13th is really, really down. There is not 1 other standout team in the region. Any team in the 13th could beat the other on any given night. Harlan may lose a couple that they shouldnt, but they are by far the most solid team in the 13th.
Nice win for the Black Bears