Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 5 Johnson Cental 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. Brandon May pitches the complete game and gets the win after throwing 2 innings yesterday.
Who pitched for JC?
Pacman Wrote:Who pitched for JC?
Fyffe started, don't know if he finished.
I wasn't expecting this! Great game by the Cardinals! Good season, JC!
Blanton pitched the last two, but B-May as just no going to be beat tonight. He struck out the last two batters the first one reached on a passed ball, and still didn,t get rattled. GREAT game fro the CARDS big win.
Big win for the Cards....JCHS will sit at home again during the regional tournament....I expect that two yr. drought to end next season though. Good Luck Cards the rest of the way.
Awesome win for the Cards. B. May pitched well striking out 14
Nice win Card's...since the trip to the state tourney JC has struggled in post season...Tough district!!
How hard does B May throw?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:How hard does B May throw?
Really not that hard. In the mid to high 70's. Has excellent location and off speed stuff.
this is the best BMay has pitched in his entire life. His curve ball was just amazing tonight. The senior would not let his team lose. GREAT win for the cardinals. And for Mike Hall, congratulations, you finally got that darn monkey off your back!
SC voted for the draw instead of seeding. I guess it worked out for them this time. I will pick Paintsville to win district, but SC has already won by making the region. That means that some district winner will get SC in frist round, not a good draw IMO. The two runners up out of Pike co. should be the best draw. But SC could still win district. That's why we play the game.
May's fastball is in the mid 80's, congrats SC.
Little bit of a shocker, but some of you guys predicted this one! You have to play, and it isn't the first time that a better team has had to sit home during the regionals! I look for Paintsville to win it, but we'll have to wait and see.

Congrats Cards!!
blackcat Wrote:May's fastball is in the mid 80's, congrats SC.

no it is not.....not even close....he couldnt have hit 80 all night.....fyffe was throwin much harder and he wasnt mid 80s ...may might have hit 78 ...79.....but mainly stayed mid 70s and below
Fyffe's mechanics looked a little different than what he used to throw. And his control wasn't near as good as it has been. Kind of surprising.
Come on you guts the better team did not go home again this year you JC fan say that every year and the truth is that SC has the best team in the 57th this year and know body in johnson county can stand it. just look at the records this year even though JC beat SC twice this year when it came down to crunch time the Cardinals did what they had to, to win and if Paintsville don't bring there A game Thursday they could get BEAT for the third time.IMO
Paintsville will be throwing their Ace, but they still have to bring their A game or they will get mercied in my opinion.
Both games this year have been pretty close. I'm guessing SC will pitch Todd? He beat PHS at SC earlier, but I hope PHS comes ready to play. Should be a great ballgame to watch!
Glad to see Brandon may get some success as he finishes up a fine HS athletic career!!
First off I will say that May had a great game last night! Second, he wasn't throwing anywhere near mid 80's! He was so good because of his off speed pitches. He fast ball topped out about 78-80 but his off speed was over powering the JCHS hitters allnight. May is good but nowhere near mid 80's
Good job S.C, I was wrong about this game lol
So was that the Championship game or does S.C still have to play someone else
NYY10 Wrote:So was that the Championship game or does S.C still have to play someone else
S.C. and Paintsville have to play tonight. Hope the rain stays awayu. Grimm will be tough but S.C. should be confident because they have already beat him once.
Doesn't matter who wins tonight. SC is the best overall team left in the regional. Like I said earlier SC is going to be one bad draw. The draw this year will have a lot to do with who wins. SC, Pikeville, AC and Paintsville can all win this thing in the rigth bracket, as well as lose it in the wrong one. But lets play them just for the fun of it.
will the cards make a clean sweep of johnson co.
Battle Tested Wrote:will the cards make a clean sweep of johnson co.

Anything can happen
Paintsville won it
OK2NV Wrote:First off I will say that May had a great game last night! Second, he wasn't throwing anywhere near mid 80's! He was so good because of his off speed pitches. He fast ball topped out about 78-80 but his off speed was over powering the JCHS hitters allnight. May is good but nowhere near mid 80's

Brandon throws in the mid to upper 70's, he might break 80 every once in a while, with a very good Yacker and decent change. He has a great knuckle ball but coach won't let him throw it. He threw as hard or harder when he was in 8th grade but has had some arm problems and doesn't take care of it like he should.
S.C gots pikeville first game
Pages: 1 2