Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Co. 55 - Lawrence Co. 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Salyersville.
Pretty entertaining game throughout. LC had a 7 point lead at one point I believe in the 4th. Jamie castle hit 2 really big 3's to cut it down. Then Taylor Porter fouled soon after that I think. With around 2 minutes left Jamie castle drove the lane and hit a a floater but came down on her ankle the wrong way and done something to it. Still haven't heard what it is yet.
^Is it the same one she hurts last season?
Lc is going to look back and say we had this one because they played their tails off. Taylor porter once again she was the best on the court with 24 points but she was in foul trouble but I love the way she plays with intensity. Jamie castle and jazzy Howard are both great players really like their play and composure. Howard has great speed, also impressed with arnett, Connely, and watson rebounding. Lc had their chances and did everything right to win the game but came up short. Great game to both teams, tough place to play but they almost had it!!! Hats off to magoffin for the comeback.
OffTheHook Wrote:^Is it the same one she hurts last season?

Nope it's the other one. I'll post it on here when I find out the extent of the injury.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lc is going to look back and say we had this one because they played their tails off. Taylor porter once again she was the best on the court with 24 points but she was in foul trouble but I love the way she plays with intensity. Jamie castle and jazzy Howard are both great players really like their play and composure. Howard has great speed, also impressed with arnett, Connely, and watson rebounding. Lc had their chances and did everything right to win the game but came up short. Great game to both teams, tough place to play but they almost had it!!! Hats off to magoffin for the comeback.

I guess porter had 25 so I was pretty darn close!
MCCameraman what did you think about the game? What are your impressions on LC after the game? Can they compete for the district/region?
The game was pretty good. LC played a good game. Porter is without a doubt the leader of that team, as she should be. I think if she gets I foul trouble they struggle a little bit finding points. But she's a baller for sure. Lady Hornets didnt very good considering how well they played against Paintsville. If Jamie castle didn't hit those two 3's late then they probably wouldn't have won. Those two shots sparked our girls and they decided to start playing. As far as them competing for the district and region, I would say that they have to be a contender for the district. I think LC and SC will finish as the 2 and 3 seeds probably in no particular order. That's assuming Jamie castle isn't out for too long. From there it's hard to tell right now. After there is more district games played I'll see how they turn out and go from there. I think Sheldon Clark will be tough to beat this season.
Sheldon Clark is tough, they defend well and they run their offense, and are well coached. I like their size, and that's something Lawrence doesn't have much of. I think if Porter doesnt foul out it may be a different outcome, but also if Castle doesnt hit those two three's then LC wins. The second one Castle hit was deep too, she has range. Howard really impressed me, she is quick and tough and even playing with that face mask on.
Hopefully she don't have to wear that mask much longer because she missed a ton of shots that she rarely misses. She missed several free-throws and she is a really good free-throw shooter. She had 21 points in the state tournament last year when we played Lincoln county as an 8th grader. She just shows no emotion when she plays which is something that alot of people can't do. Very talented yong lady. And her twin sister Leslie is a very solid player as well.
I was very impressed with her composure and her will to win. It was an intense game, Lawrence hasn't had much time to practice because of the lay over from the soccer tournament that three starters were on that team, so they as a team have only been able to practice about a month now. They are getting better, just need to win some of those close games.
Yep those close games are great learning experiences
Yeah they are, three of LC's starters are sophomores and they bring a freshman and 8th grader off the bench. Need to find more rhthym offensively.