Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lucas to Stay at Somerset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got word in today from the Somerset staff that Lucas will be returning to Somerset as the head football coach. West Jessamine along with Boyle County had been in contact with Lucas ever since the loss to Newport Cath in the Semi State game. Very good news for us jumper fans, let me know what else you think.
Boyle County?
apparently that was what I was told.
West Jessamine maybe, Boyle County NO.
Regardless he is staying at Somerset!!
If I was Boyle i wouldn't want a 4 time region champion coach either..
Great news for the Briar Jumper program. He's got a 47-10 record and 4 regional championships and a state runner-up in his 4 years as the head coach. He does so much more for the program than just win games. He cares as much about his kids and does so much that people don't know about. Somerset is very lucky to have Coach Lucas--I hope he finishes out his coaching career as a Briar Jumper.
Not dissing Lucas. Just thought Boyle had a state championship coach already.
Glad Coach Lucas will Stay at Somerset. He made a fan of Me for Life. Go Jumpers!!!
groundattack Wrote:Not dissing Lucas. Just thought Boyle had a state championship coach already.

I believe that was predicated on Coach French retiring. Heard coach Lucas was an option second to chuck smith returning. Regardless, I'm glad to see coach remaining in Somerset, he does a great job.
Good for Somerset. He has done a great job during his tenure.
Maybe he meant Boyd Co?
Real Badman Wrote:Maybe he meant Boyd Co?

No, Quite sure it was the team that Danville Beat. Glad he is staying in Somerset.
Coach French has been teetering on retirement from coaching for a while. At halftime of one his games this year he told the players he was done after this season. Boyle County maybe proactive and trying to find someone if he does decide to hang it up.
Brother Xavier Wrote:Coach French has been teetering on retirement from coaching for a while. At halftime of one his games this year he told the players he was done after this season. Boyle County maybe proactive and trying to find someone if he does decide to hang it up.

Didn't know about the halftime deal, but this is basically the info I've heard on this as well. Fortunately for Somerset the administration is taking care of coach Lucas and his family. He and his staff are good at what they do.
Coach has faced an uphill battle ever since he became interim HC four years ago. I am beyond happy that he is staying. As others have said, he is more than just a great coach he is a man of character that these young men can count on the rest of their lives.
Just happy that the administration came to their senses the man deserves whatever he wants from this program, is a heck of a coach, and is going to continue to be one for a lot of years to come
This is great for the Somerset program.
Good decision by Coach Lucas