Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best team in NKY?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think either Gray, ockerman, summit view or conner is the best team who do u think?
Who are some of the top 8th grade players so far his year?
I would say braden cheesemen, brent Angel, sean McNeil dante hendrix jaiden greene zach tuggle and jared Webster
I have heard several of those names mentioned before. Hopefully I get the chance to watch a couple of them play this year. Which kid is known as the top 8th grader in Northern Ky?
centralky Wrote:I have heard several of those names mentioned before. Hopefully I get the chance to watch a couple of them play this year. Which kid is known as the top 8th grader in Northern Ky?

Cole Vonhandorf hands down. Starts varsity for Villa Madonna scored 20pts his last game including a three to send it to OT. Cameron Racke would be next, plays freshman for Simon Kenton.
I have heard a lot about vonhandorf but never had the chanCe to watch him play. How does he compare to some of the other elite 8th grade talent across the state?
I would defiantly say that cole Vonhandorf is the best but i would have Braden Chessemen over Racke. Cheesen played frshman last year at Walton but came to gray
Cameron Racke,Cole vonhandorf,zach tuggle,jared webster,jaiden greene some of NKY'S Best!
Also Braden Cheeseman
I saw my nephews team play Camp Ernst and St. Pius and both teams each had a nice player. Both boys were taller, could shoot, handle the ball and rebound.
I like these guys, Jc Hawkins, cole, racke, Brent angel, spencer Hemmerich, mason gambrel, Sean McNeil. Dante Hendrix, and some more
I like Cole VonHandorf,Zach Tuggle,Jared Webster,Jaiden Greene,JC Hawkins,Racke,Sean McNeil,Dante,Brent Angel,Braden Chesseman.Masons a great PG But compared to every position these are the best.
Where will these boys go to high school?

Any of them the boys from Camp Ernst or St. Pius?
Vonhandorf-Currently plays varsity for villa madona
Tuggle-Currently plays for grant county.But will most likely transfer to SK or Ryle
Webster-Ryle
Angel-Ryle
Greene-Newport
Hawkins-SK
Mcneil-Not sure
Dante-Not sure
Cheeseman-Ryle
McNeil-Cooper
Angle to Cov Cath
SVMS Wrote:Angle to Cov Cath

Good luck at Cov Cath hope he can stay on team with 9 technicals in MS alone.
Does not compare to those In the other parts of the State. PCC has 7th grader that played varsity and as 8th grader lead them to State. Cole is ok for NKYFL but nothing special at all in entire State
Ockerman (with McNeil)
Grey

Team with most upside at tourney time - Summit View
Vonhandorf will go to CovCath
jpr014 Wrote:Does not compare to those In the other parts of the State. PCC has 7th grader that played varsity and as 8th grader lead them to State. Cole is ok for NKYFL but nothing special at all in entire State

Wow jpr014, do you have some type of agenda? To be new to the board you have came out swinging. First bashing Brent Angel in a post and then saying Cole is nothing special? Cole would be getting valuable varsity minutes at Cov Cath if they let their players play up, but they don't. He is averaging double digits at the varsity level for a bad Villa team.

As for Brent it is my understanding that he has recieved almost all his middle school T's on his home court. Grey's refs have never been accused of being good. This doesn't excuse Brent from getting the T's he has to take some of the blame for that. Some of the blame also needs to go to his coaches for not addressing situations and getting him out of games to cool off prior to getting those T's. The last T was from hitting the backboard while trying to block a layup. That is pretty lame in my book. And some of the other T's have been just as lame. I know the coaches at Cov Cath are looking forward to have the oppourtunity to coach him next year. There will be a learning curve he will need to adjust to but I believe Brent has it in him to do it.
Im just saying if we put an all start NKY team together and they vs SKY or EKY or WKY all star teams nky is the most talented the south is just a bunch of 16 year olds in 8th grade.NKY isnt like that these kids are in the grade they are supposed to be in.
SVMS Wrote:Wow jpr014, do you have some type of agenda? To be new to the board you have came out swinging. First bashing Brent Angel in a post and then saying Cole is nothing special? Cole would be getting valuable varsity minutes at Cov Cath if they let their players play up, but they don't. He is averaging double digits at the varsity level for a bad Villa team.

As for Brent it is my understanding that he has recieved almost all his middle school T's on his home court. Grey's refs have never been accused of being good. This doesn't excuse Brent from getting the T's he has to take some of the blame for that. Some of the blame also needs to go to his coaches for not addressing situations and getting him out of games to cool off prior to getting those T's. The last T was from hitting the backboard while trying to block a layup. That is pretty lame in my book. And some of the other T's have been just as lame. I know the coaches at Cov Cath are looking forward to have the oppourtunity to coach him next year. There will be a learning curve he will need to adjust to but I believe Brent has it in him to do it.

Like I said Cole is ok player couldn't play Varsity for Cov Cath right now at all. Angel 9 technical in MS alone is a problem and many others in AAU. That's not the fault of his MS ref's he also got thrown out of a game due to technical's at the KBA and those refs did not know him. I wish the young man well but HS coaches don't have time to baby sit bad attitudes.