Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 2012/2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is going on down there with girls athletics? Over the past 3 or 4 years there has been a steady decline in ALL girls sports and it seems to only get worse. What needs to be done to turn this stuff around?
Patience.

Smaller schools will have down years when the talent level drops.

Since this is in the girls basketball thread i'm assuming your talking about basketball. If you look at the roster it is filled with freshman and junior high girls. In 3 to 4 years these girls will be playing against competition their age and you will see a huge difference.

A little support from the parents and community will go a long way also.
If you look at the girls who are getting the majority of the minutes in varsity it is 1 sophmore, 3 freshman, 1 8th grader, 2 7th graders and 1 sixth grader. It is hard to compete with Juniors and Seniors with a line up so young.

Prestonsburg played no games during the summer and had very limited practice due to less than 5 high school girls participating. The middle school girls were busy preparing for their season.

All the middle school girls playing at the high school are coming from Allen Elementary, except one. The girls from Allen work hard and continue to get better. Although they are losing the experience of playing older, faster, and stronger girls is only making them better. If they do stick together and attend PHS, they will be able to compete in the 58th district within a couple of years but the next two years at a minimum will be difficult to say the least.
They need get Doug Hopkins and Rick Hancock two good matches they can't win the big games, they are a joke for a coach.

Katbird told us right that Hancock can't coach glad he did not stay at ACHS.

We got the best coach out of the deal.
little rebel woman Wrote:They need get Doug Hopkins and Rick Hancock two good matches they can't win the big games, they are a joke for a coach.

Katbird told us right that Hancock can't coach glad he did not stay at ACHS.

We got the best coach out of the deal.

Did Rick not play your kid enough or something? You bash him every chance you get on here.

I think he is happy where he is. With fans like you i understand why.
Stuff just got real lol.