Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Good Sportmanship Award HS Football '12...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I introduced the douche awards State Championship weekend because people where grandstanding on high school athletes greatest moments by being negative and venting their laundry because their team wasn't in the final...

But at the end of the day we should be picking each other up, honoring achievements, and recognizing the objective folks who get it: it's about honoring the athletes, the fans, and those that support them the right ways for the right reasons.

So who in your opinion did so...who do you think wins the bgr good sport award for hs football this fall?
I would say granny bear, I can say I never ever once heard her put anyone down, she has a lot of class and has good humor also.
^
She is definitely one of BGR's top posters, if not the top poster.

For those of you that dont know our beloved granny bear, she is a good poster, but a great human being.
^Agreed, nothing but class.
I agree with regard to granny bear.

I have also found tomcatfan722000's posts, comments, and behavior to be exemplary.
Frozenbird Wrote:I agree with regard to granny bear.

I have also found tomcatfan722000's posts, comments, and behavior to be exemplary.

Agreed on both accounts.

Grannybear is a class act and so to is tomcatfan.
Even though he is a long-winded blowhard, I think EKUAlum05 deserves recognition.

He is a Belfry fan deluxe, but he is about as unbiased as can be and he calls it like he sees it. The thing is, he is the same towards all fans from all teams and he will give credit where credit is due.

He gets a vote from me.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Even though he is a long-winded blowhard, I think EKUAlum05 deserves recognition.

He is a Belfry fan deluxe, but he is about as unbiased as can be and he calls it like he sees it. The thing is, he is the same towards all fans from all teams and he will give credit where credit is due.

He gets a vote from me.

I would have to agree. He is about as unbiased as you could get on these boards. Very good poster with lots of game and team info. None of the crap an trash talking like most of the rest of us do. :biggrin:
Crossbones Wrote:I would have to agree. He is about as unbiased as you could get on these boards. Very good poster with lots of game and team info. None of the crap an trash talking like most of the rest of us do. :biggrin:

Thank you guys...truly.

But don't make me into Mother Theresa...I'll still mix it up from time to time when an adversary is deemed worthy to banter with..... :biggrin:

It simply wouldn't be as fun without the risk of having to eat a little crow or the chance to serve it from time to time....
The week leading up to the Cooper-Harlan County game shed a lot of light on the Black Bear faithful for me. Not only did most everyone enjoy cutting up and debating favorites and possible outcomes. I genuinely looked forward each day to checking the thread knowing I was going to laugh, nod in agreement, and look forward with anxious anticipation for the next post.

Equally impressive was the reaction to the game and the few days that followed. Nothing but respect, good character, and integrity overall. I've never seen a fan base adopt another with such grace after defeat. The Cooper Jaguars went to Bowling Green with the majority of the Harlan County nation lifting them up from the east.

So without a doubt in my mind Harlan County Bear fans get my vote...just so happens their "queen" pin is Granny BearWink. Thanks for getting it and supporting teen athletes for the right reasons. Not something I'll forget anytime soon.
My vote goes to EKU05 as well. Don't think I have ever seen a bad post from him.
Granny Bear, EKUAlum and tomcatfan for sure
EKUALUM :1: MYSONIS55 :Second: AND GRANNY BEAR :Third:
Stardust for me.........:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Well ladies, gentlemen (and RIUTG), I have had some serious issues to address recently in my life, and haven’t been on the boards nearly as much as normal. I’ve just read this thread, and to be honest I’m a little embarrassed and a lot humbled. Thank you all so much for your recognition! I am so biased toward my Black Bears and I love them so very much!! Guess I’m just old enough to realize that other fan bases, other grand mothers, etc. feel the same way about their kids, too. I know how fighting mad it makes me when someone makes a comment about an athlete that I happen to know personally. Most of the time, these comments are made from an ignorant source, and made out of revenge or hate. These are two things that I can do without! They are more times than not; incorrect in their information.
This area of Kentucky is struggling more every day. The kids on this past year’s football team gave us all something positive that we could rally around, scream about and just act generally obnoxious. I’ve learned to love that from all fan bases. How great is it that people can be so passionate about supporting their kids!! (Oh, and by the way Cooper is the ONLY other team besides the Black Bears with a horn!!! It’s a terrible oogah, but at least it’s a horn!!!)
I remember one of the Cooper coaches had a friend of mine paged just after the game that night. I was bitterly disappointed after losing, but I knew the circumstances of this page and wanted to inform the coach of what had happened. So, in full Black Bear regalia, including a Santa hat, I stomped over to Cooper’s side and waited while this coach finished with the victorious Cooper team. He was hugging every single one of those players!! Wow; I’ll never ever forget that!!
So, next year I really hope that we can all meet again, fight over how stupid everyone is with their predictions, but as Spirit100 says, come together to lift up the victors and support them in the state competitions. After all, they damn well deserve it!!!

I love my Black Bears!!!!!
BIGman88 Wrote:Stardust for me.........:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

Stardust sucks!!!!!
Thank you guys for the compliments. Greatly appreciated.
If myson#55 does not get this then there is a grave injustice done. He would never stir anything
Hop24.
Looking like Granny Bear and EKU in 1st and 2nd place respectively with a couple folks possibly "trending" after a couple days of voting. Polls close 12-17-12 at end of the day.

Feel free to add...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
She is definitely one of BGR's top posters, if not the top poster.

For those of you that dont know our beloved granny bear, she is a good poster, but a great human being.

you should know half what she does behind the scenes
64sur made it interesting. I looked forward to his icons and banter with mysonis55.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:If myson#55 does not get this then there is a grave injustice done. He would never stir anything

Well. It's true. Sarcasm doesn't translate well when typed.
Spirit100 Wrote:The week leading up to the Cooper-Harlan County game shed a lot of light on the Black Bear faithful for me. Not only did most everyone enjoy cutting up and debating favorites and possible outcomes. I genuinely looked forward each day to checking the thread knowing I was going to laugh, nod in agreement, and look forward with anxious anticipation for the next post.

Equally impressive was the reaction to the game and the few days that followed. Nothing but respect, good character, and integrity overall. I've never seen a fan base adopt another with such grace after defeat. The Cooper Jaguars went to Bowling Green with the majority of the Harlan County nation lifting them up from the east.

So without a doubt in my mind Harlan County Bear fans get my vote...just so happens their "queen" pin is Granny BearWink. Thanks for getting it and supporting teen athletes for the right reasons. Not something I'll forget anytime soon.

I think you figured it out. Harlan County fans are the finest and Granny Bear stands out in that fine group. I vote for Granny Bear for 1st Place.

I'll also give 2nd Place to EKUAlum05 providing no one tells him I voted for him. Just make that an anonymous 2nd place vote for him.
Your secret is safe he'll never know.Confusednicker:
Granny Bear. There are so many more I just can not think of the names right now.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well ladies, gentlemen (and RIUTG), I have had some serious issues to address recently in my life, and haven’t been on the boards nearly as much as normal. I’ve just read this thread, and to be honest I’m a little embarrassed and a lot humbled. Thank you all so much for your recognition! I am so biased toward my Black Bears and I love them so very much!! Guess I’m just old enough to realize that other fan bases, other grand mothers, etc. feel the same way about their kids, too. I know how fighting mad it makes me when someone makes a comment about an athlete that I happen to know personally. Most of the time, these comments are made from an ignorant source, and made out of revenge or hate. These are two things that I can do without! They are more times than not; incorrect in their information.
This area of Kentucky is struggling more every day. The kids on this past year’s football team gave us all something positive that we could rally around, scream about and just act generally obnoxious. I’ve learned to love that from all fan bases. How great is it that people can be so passionate about supporting their kids!! (Oh, and by the way Cooper is the ONLY other team besides the Black Bears with a horn!!! It’s a terrible oogah, but at least it’s a horn!!!)
I remember one of the Cooper coaches had a friend of mine paged just after the game that night. I was bitterly disappointed after losing, but I knew the circumstances of this page and wanted to inform the coach of what had happened. So, in full Black Bear regalia, including a Santa hat, I stomped over to Cooper’s side and waited while this coach finished with the victorious Cooper team. He was hugging every single one of those players!! Wow; I’ll never ever forget that!!
So, next year I really hope that we can all meet again, fight over how stupid everyone is with their predictions, but as Spirit100 says, come together to lift up the victors and support them in the state competitions. After all, they damn well deserve it!!!

I love my Black Bears!!!!!

No argument there Confusednicker:
Bear Nut Wrote:you should know half what she does behind the scenes

Oh, i agree.
I think you'd be surprised at how well i know grannybear.
I know her much better than any other Whitley fans on here.
I'll throw one out just from personal experience over the last two seasons.

toussaints

Never gets down on his team, never rags on others, loves CHC win or lose. Couldn't ask for anything more of a high school football fan.
Oh, I have to agree RoShamBo!! I really enjoy reading his posts very much.
I still find EKUAlum05 the most objective though. I try to be objective about my team, but I know for a fact that I'm not. I just love those kids so much, that I end up being biased toward them.
Pages: 1 2