Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 2 East Ridge 0 (8 innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another great game between two very good softball teams. Pitching and defense were the highlight of the evening. Timely hitting added some incredible excitement. Hats off to Ashleigh Stanley, Esther Fleming, and Mika Adkins as they played a great defensive game in the outfield. Stanley saves a run early in the game as she made a perfect throw to Gina Hall at the plate to gun down Samantha Smith. Esther Fleming made two tremendous catches in the outfield, and initated a double play at first after one of the catches. Mika Adkins made two nice plays in right, the final play ended the game as she scooped up Courtney Conley's line drive and shot her out at first for the final out. Lucinda Varney singled in the top of the 8th and moved to second on Kayla Cantrell's sacrifice bunt. Esther Fleming delivered a "screaming" line drive to the fence in left field to plate the winning run. Fleming scored on Gina Hall's sacrifice to set the final score. Great job by both teams...just a well-played ballgame!:thumpsup:
wow!!!!!!!!!!!! They sould charge double the admission when these two play in the district...
Go Bat Kats! GO Bat Kats! Go Bat Kats! GOOOOOOOO.............!!!!!!!!:1:
Way to go Bat Kats.:Clap: :Clap: Good Luck against Pikeville.......
Might be the best softball game I have ever watched! I bet they were at least 4 double plays. Both teams played outstanding defense. SV played the defense they use to when they had Kristi Taylor, Megan Tackett, and Amber Johnson. I really thought that both pitchers did a good job last night. I truley feel that Pikeville is still head and shoulders better than anyone in the region. Gooch is the best in the mountains!!!!!!!
I don't know about Pikeville being "heads and shoulders above anyone " I guess we'll find out soon enough though . I was told that Ashley Stanley was pitching the district championship tomorrow night for Valley .
No way will anyone but Cortney Bentley will be on the mound for Shelby Valley.
Regardless of who pitches, both Pikeville and Shelby Valley enjoy good competition, and tomorrow night will be just that. SV, Pikeville, Johnson Central, Lawrence County, Pike Central, and Belfry are guaranteed a place in the 15th Regional Tournament to be played at East Ridge.