Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Georgia 35 Kentucky 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow
The offensive corr. On the Kentucky team has no business coaching this team. This guy is on a little league level at best. This dude is Way over his head.. Trying to play 3 QBs...Are you 4 real... Switching backfields ever series...Yes.. You are a Dummy! Dude hasn't had a clue.. He had some much talent, and blew it......Go back and start over Bro.. You are not an O.C...Listen.....YOU ARE NOT AN O.C.....This proved it to ya....Joke....Laughable!!!!..Please tell me this is not true...
I just can't believe they would put a guy that has no clue(NO CLUE) in as a O.C of this team...Parents pay Big to travel and watch their kids play ball, and you get this.. I guess you have to blame the dummy that put him their.....I bet his résumé looked good?
I didnt see the game, nor have I saw either team in action. But 35-6 to a Georgia team doesnt seem too bad to me. To go into a game against the southern teams like Georgia, Florida, ect. and keep it respectable should be considered a win. To think that KY will ever be able to compete with those teams on a consistant basis is is pretty foolish. I also dont doubt what you say about the offensive coach, but they did give up 35 points. Might want to look at that coach too. I saw in another thread where people was saying that they felt sorry for the teams going against this defense, and how they would be so much faster than anyone they faced. Another case of being foolish. The difference in athletes down that way compared to up here, is like the difference between NAIA players to D1 football players. Just take the positives from this experience and grow from it.
SouthSider Wrote:The offensive corr. On the Kentucky team has no business coaching this team. This guy is on a little league level at best. This dude is Way over his head.. Trying to play 3 QBs...Are you 4 real... Switching backfields ever series...Yes.. You are a Dummy! Dude hasn't had a clue.. He had some much talent, and blew it......Go back and start over Bro.. You are not an O.C...Listen.....YOU ARE NOT AN O.C.....This proved it to ya....Joke....Laughable!!!!..Please tell me this is not true...

Totally agree!!! The O.C. was a real JACK_ _ _!!!!! didn't have a clue!!!! Absolute IDIOT!!! Also agree that whoever put him in as O.C. Should be kicked out of the Kymsfa for their INCOMPATIENCE!!!!!
Also have to say that coaching staff should be a better role model to players by not drinking beer in lobby of hotel in front of the players!!!! also the O.C shouldn't be flipping the fans off because they were voicing their disappointment about HORRIBLE play calling at halftime of Sunday's game vs. Florida!!!
some things couldve been different but coaches dont turn the ball over. how many turnovers did we have, 7. you aint going to win a championship that way.
One kid, One play, The same play beat us on Vs Georgia. Everyone knew it was coming. They kid made some Great play in double coverage, and Triple coverage.. But I honestly feel that are kids could have won this game.
snapcat91 Wrote:Also have to say that coaching staff should be a better role model to players by not drinking beer in lobby of hotel in front of the players!!!! also the O.C shouldn't be flipping the fans off because they were voicing their disappointment about HORRIBLE play calling at halftime of Sunday's game vs. Florida!!!

I personally feel last years 8th grade squad would have won the national championship with simply more discipline from the coaches. Heard they made fools out of themselves last year.
The coaching staff, including the Offensive Coordinator, had a choice to make. Use everyone and not listen to parents complain about playing time since they rightly invested alot of money to be here and all of the kids are very talented. Or, leave alot of kids out to play who they judged to be the best every down. They chose to play more kids. For me, as much as I would have liked to have seen my kid play every down (in one game he only played 4) I still support what these coaches did as this is an All Star format and every kid can contribute.

Turnovers were the death of us not anything else. That and number 18 from N. GA who may be the most dominant player vs his peers in the country.

As for the OC, he had no kid on the team and volunteered to do this on his own dime and time. Tough for me to say anything other than thank you for a guy who has ran HS offenses with great success and was asked to play everyone. I'm sure had he simply put his best 13 or 14 in a package and focused on them he could have done more complex things. But he played everyone and the band and led us to a 3-1 record. Not bad.

Overall this was a great experience for the kids and parents. We all wanted to win and go to San Antonio but that was not in the cards. I'm thanful for all the coaches who volunteered their time and the parents who invested the money to be a part of this.
I never seen the O.C. flip fans off set behind him and rest of team and coaches the whole game......
And beer drinking in lobby I must of missed to because i never seen it either, and thsi I know because I was in and out most of the night going and smoking outside.

My son talked to some of the Ga. kids and they told him they had been practicing since end of regular season together and most where from the Buford area, that may have helped alot on there end, and even heard they had video to watch of Team Ky. but like mentioned before was a great experiance for the kids and made new friends and learned alot...

And talk about discipline that South Fla. team lacked a whole lote, they where taunting a few of Ky players during the Ga game, went on to start hoopign and holelring toward the end of the National Anthem, and did not even stand during one at the start of another game. Then seen one of the 7th grade Fla. kids cuss his mother or what ever kin then proceed to get int the SUV and drive off....

Oh wish I had taken my fishing poles with me the weatehr was nice.
Worst offensive minded person i have ever met,and if he flipped the crowd off he should be fired from his school at elkhorn. that was a peewee offense toss left and toss right and when he did call a pass play one receiver went on a route and the only route he ran was a go...what a joke i wish they would have told us at the first parent meeting they wanted to keep everyone happy instead of trying to win so we could have kept our boys at the house. i honestly think all of the kids on offense took steps backwards playing for this guy. if your middle school wants a guaranteed win play ELKHORN next year.
and one quick question what was done with the 350$ we had to raise???? we was told they was gonna pay for rooms and bus????? not one cent was spent on these kids. not to mention some parents pre ordered hoodies and didn't get them and the one who did got a 5$ sweatshirt not the hoodie they paid for.
snapcat91 Wrote:Also have to say that coaching staff should be a better role model to players by not drinking beer in lobby of hotel in front of the players!!!! also the O.C shouldn't be flipping the fans off because they were voicing their disappointment about HORRIBLE play calling at halftime of Sunday's game vs. Florida!!!
Not really for sure on what constitute a role model here!! So what that the coaches were drinking a beer in the lobby, were they acting out in the lobby?? What about the kids that were running around while the parents had actually left the hotel to "club" it. Are we that shallow minded that we forget these coaches ALL of them but I believe 1 had a kid on the team and that they VOLUNTEERED their time away from their families to be able to get these boys as far as they went!! It was not like the coaches were drunk off their butts acting like a**es in front of these kids. I was there and I watched these kids not think twice about the alcohol but were just intrigued at the simple fact they got to know the coaches on a personal note vs the typical coach/player role they were playing during the day! EXCELLENT job to all the coaches whether there were bad calls or not but to take YOUR TIME away from your families to coach these boys!! YOUR HEARTS ARE IN IT FOR THE RIGHT REASONS dont let anyone detour you from what you all do!!!!!
Being new to this forum I will try to express my views in a positive manner. As a grandparent of one of the KY players I will say this was a great experience for them to play at a higher level. I can think of some things that maybe could have been better; communications, detailed information, etc. That being said the one thing I would like to see changed the most is that all teams be on a level playing field as in time to forma a team. Our guys were not selected until Nov. only had 3 days to practice as a team. This I believe put them at a disadvantage to the teams chosen early. This I would probably blame on FBU for not setting tighter standards for the states to go by. As far as coaching I will not say anything as these guys are better equipped than me to make these decisions. But if you are the ones selected to coach then do your job the best you know how and tell all others, no matter their position or rank, to back off or do it all themself.
WarriorProud Wrote:Worst offensive minded person i have ever met,and if he flipped the crowd off he should be fired from his school at elkhorn. that was a peewee offense toss left and toss right and when he did call a pass play one receiver went on a route and the only route he ran was a go...what a joke i wish they would have told us at the first parent meeting they wanted to keep everyone happy instead of trying to win so we could have kept our boys at the house. i honestly think all of the kids on offense took steps backwards playing for this guy. if your middle school wants a guaranteed win play ELKHORN next year.

You have to be joking. You guys at Southern only run 5 or 6 plays. Run off tackle left/right, dive, counter, middle screen, and go route. It goes to show that some teams are capable of winning with a pee-wee offense. I'm not taking up for the guy, but you shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house. Maybe he uses a similar system wherever he's from and it works with the schedule he has. Although I don't agree with using that type of simple offense in an all-star setting. It's difficult to get everyone involved. You have to adjust to diversity when you have 11 athletes on the field and 24 more just as good on the bench. Those pee-wee offenses only accommodate 2-3 skill players. Some teams are just very good at it, like your Warriors.
I notice a lot of rumbling from the Pulaski County guys on here. How many High School state titles do you guys have over at Pulaski County? Not a damn one right? Quit talking smack about the coach and stop complaining. Be glad your kid got to be part of going and playing in something like this. Its not like the coach has had a year or two to work with this team. Idiots.
You have to joking if you think all we did was run 5 or 6 plays????? i guess next thing you will say is one kid scored all of our tds???? shows how football smart you are with that comment our 8th grade group just rolled two undefeated years with 5 or 6 plays lol your right retard. and Johnny go hide in a hole where you belong.
WarriorProud Wrote:You have to joking if you think all we did was run 5 or 6 plays????? i guess next thing you will say is one kid scored all of our tds???? shows how football smart you are with that comment our 8th grade group just rolled two undefeated years with 5 or 6 plays lol your right retard. and Johnny go hide in a hole where you belong.

I said it benefited 2 to 3 skill players. I'd be willing to bet the house that only 3 players scored 90% of the TD's. Although I will credit your O-line. They're great. From what I hear, the best player on your team didn't even get the credit he deserved. I wasn't knocking your team in my previous post, it was actually a compliment if anything. Retard? LOL, my apologies...I assumed I was responding to an adult.
my son played on the ky squad last year.The main reason we lost was we were on the road for 24 hours and got off the bus and played a game 4 hours later.the other team had been there for two days.our kids were tired from being on the bus.thats why we had so many turn overs.that cost us that game.we were the best team there but all the teams were really good.my son got more than a win and a loss from from this team he has made life long friends with his team mates.we are from western ky and most of the kids are from the other end of the state. how speacial is it to have friends 4 hours away that youve gone in to battle togather with.i think coaches did a good job of getting all these super stars to play as team.most all the parents pitched in to help with what every was needed.just a great experience for us.
raisedseams Wrote:I didnt see the game, nor have I saw either team in action. But 35-6 to a Georgia team doesnt seem too bad to me. To go into a game against the southern teams like Georgia, Florida, ect. and keep it respectable should be considered a win. To think that KY will ever be able to compete with those teams on a consistant basis is is pretty foolish. I also dont doubt what you say about the offensive coach, but they did give up 35 points. Might want to look at that coach too. I saw in another thread where people was saying that they felt sorry for the teams going against this defense, and how they would be so much faster than anyone they faced. Another case of being foolish. The difference in athletes down that way compared to up here, is like the difference between NAIA players to D1 football players. Just take the positives from this experience and grow from it.

Just by the name alone Raisedseams, I take it you are a baseball guy. just wondering if your perception of baseball is the same vs. the rest of the south. KY FBU last year was a final four team, to say getting beat by Georgia was like losing to a D1 team is insane. I didn't get to watch any of the games this year and do not know if it was the same group of coaches from last but to say the other southern states are better is "foollish" .
Wildcat18 Wrote:I personally feel last years 8th grade squad would have won the national championship with simply more discipline from the coaches. Heard they made fools out of themselves last year.

How didi they make fools out of themselves?
TigerBlues Wrote:How didi they make fools out of themselves?

Drinking excessively and getting into confrontations with opposing coaches and fans in the hotel because of it. The main one being the president of the association and it doesn't surprise me. I trust the players on that team and parents who witnessed it personally. There are places and times for everything. I believe it was the wrong place and the wrong time to behave in that manner.

I should clarify that I meant the coaches made fools out of themselves, not the players. I can see how my previous comment would insinuate that. I know the players played their butts off to get there and it was a great run.