Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky gets #2 seed in SEC tournament 1st since 2000 !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought they should've got the #1 seed but I can live with a 2 seed ! The tournament will be played in Hoover, Alabama ! Any thought on how UK will do in the tournament ?

I think they will win the SEC ! Shelby, Coughlin, and Cowgill are too much !
How did they not get a #1 seed?
Wow!!!!
Who ended up with the #1 seed?
Alabama !
Kentucky plays Alabama Wed. 24th 10am on College Sports Television ! Bracket is on this link: http://secsports.com/doc_lib/bbc_2006_bracket.pdf
I'm pretty sure Kentucky plays the #7 seed, South Carolina Gamecocks. I don't think a #1 seed would play a #2 seed in the first round of any tournament. UK has a very good shot of winning the tourney. They are a combined 12-6 against the teams in the tournament. Their records against the other 7 teams are:

#8 Seed, LSU: 2-1
#7 Seed, South Carolina: 3-0
#6 Seed, Vanderbilt: 2-1
#5 Seed, Ole Miss: 3-0
#4 Seed, Arkansas: 1-2
#3 Seed, Georgia: 1-2
#1 Seed, Alabama: N/A
Kentucky is playing sloppy right now, so they need to step it up for these games...If they play like they have the last 4 games they will get slaughtered and sent home quick
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I'm pretty sure Kentucky plays the #7 seed, South Carolina Gamecocks. I don't think a #1 seed would play a #2 seed in the first round of any tournament.: N/A

I wasnt thinking sorry about that !
I read an article about Streiby in the Lexington Herald today, he has definately been the corner stone to UK this season. Big things are needed with his bat for them to get far in the tourney.
good luck in the tournament Cats!
Good luck Cats lets win it all