Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tommy Tuberville to Cincinnati
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's the word going around.

Now what does Brown do? Does he try and get Tech to offer the HC Position or does he come on to Kentucky? Kentucky wants an answer by Monday
Cincinnati hired Texas Tech head coach Tommy Tuberville today, says it "Blindsided" Tech. How does this affect Brown's decision or does it affect it at all?

Thoughts?
Hopefully with Tuberville to Cincinatti hopefully we can get neal brown to come back to kentucky and the air raid system should be interesting next few days.
He'd be a fool not to sit down with Tech decision makers and id interest....he's in a good position to leverage before he makes the best decision for him and his family.
Here is some good news:

Football Scoop is saying that Brown isn't even a top 4 candidate at Tech and some Herald Leader Columnist are saying that this won't effect the Brown decision. We shall see.
How is Cincy a step up for Tubbervile?
he's got a chance to be a head coach at a good program in the Big 12, he should talk to Tech's AD

I knew UC was looking for Jones' replacement before Jones left, but I'm shocked how fast they filled the position and that Tuberville would leave Texas Tech for Cincinnati.
LWC Wrote:How is Cincy a step up for Tubbervile?

less pressure and a chance to win conference titles

It isn't...hitting the grad assistant and adequate $ must have helped. Uncertain BIGEAST future is a negative as well. The Tech trustees must have been chewing on his heels.:dontthink
Yeah i think Tuberville was starting to feel some heat from Tech so he jumped while he could, but i do find it funny how fast this all took place, hiring a new HC usually takes more than a day or two after the previous one just left. I am really hoping this is good news as far as Brown coming to UK is concerned.
according to Cincinnati A.D. Whit Babcock, UC has been looking for Jones replacement since August. They thought Jones would be leaving after he turned down UCLA, Illinois, and North Carolina last year.
It's all about..."who you know," UCs AD was the assistant AD at Auburn when Tuberville was there. Think it's great the position was filled as quickly as it was. Hope Tuberville bests Jones record at UC and he stays longer.

UC nation should be more than happy with this hire!
Spring football will be interesting at UC.
toussaints Wrote:less pressure and a chance to win conference titles

To play in BCS title game! It will be so much easier to win at UC than at Tech. He has the Texas recruiting connection, which easily makes him the best recruiting school in the Big East. Great decision!
Stardust Wrote:To play in BCS title game! It will be so much easier to win at UC than at Tech. He has the Texas recruiting connection, which easily makes him the best recruiting school in the Big East. Great decision!

Kind of difficult not to be the best recruiting school in the Big East when they are no teams left. :Clap:
^ exactly, and I'm sure Tuberville knows that

I heard today there was 2 reasons why he left,1st everyone knows about 2nd, I was told that his wife hit someone in a wreck and she was drunk and hurt that person,just what I was told..
cuppett777 Wrote:I heard today there was 2 reasons why he left,1st everyone knows about 2nd, I was told that his wife hit someone in a wreck and she was drunk and hurt that person,just what I was told..
Don't know about #2 seems fishy to me. But his wife is from Dearborn Co Indiana with family still living there. Maybe he just wanted to come to a place where he can compete plus be near family. He's 58 and could be looking for that place that has more than just a coaching angle to it.
Heres the latest on Tubervilles recruiting:

http://bearcatsnation.com/2012/12/17/cin...y-academy/
Here are the latest Tuberville staff additions:

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footb...13aaa.html
next year, Tuberville will make $2.2 million
Some new news on the UC front from a bgr perspective outside of Tuberville recruiting...

http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-footb...13aac.html
Here's the latest on Tuberville acquisitions:

http://bearcatsnation.com/category/bearcats-recruiting/