Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Caldwell County's Elijah Sindelar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After seeing his performance at the State Finals, I would like some of your opinions on his skill level and what you think his chances are of being the front runner for the 2014 Kentucky Mr. Football. Here is a highlight package video I found on youtube to further make my case.:worthy::notworthy
Hard to say at this point about his chances of being Mr. Football in 14, but the kid has really, really good talent. I'm glad I got to see him in action as he is someone I want to follow.
Sing was lights out Saturday. Too early to tell on anything like Mr Football. Negatives are he plays at a small rural county school. Those big city voters don't much like that
I think the favorite for Mr. Football next year will probably Drew Barker, the QB at Conner that Steve Spurrier won't stop stalking.

I think Sindelar is a great football player, and his stock will pick up a bunch. He played like a winner and made several good reads at QB. If I'm WKU, I'd offer this kid as soon as I could, cause he's good. He'll go D1 somewhere with his speed and size, good luck to talented QB
I was wowed by him. Couldn't stop talking about him. He will be playing somewhere on Saturdays.

Top Individual performances from this weekend IMO:

1. Jackson (Mayfield)
2. Sindelar (Caldwell County)
3. Aaron Morgan (Cooper)
Panther Thunder Wrote:I was wowed by him. Couldn't stop talking about him. He will be playing somewhere on Saturdays.

Top Individual performances from this weekend IMO:

1. Jackson (Mayfield)
2. Sindelar (Caldwell County)
3. Aaron Morgan (Cooper)

Agree.
I don't know if he will win Mr. Football, b/c that is such a coin toss every year with media members almost always going with kids from the biggest markets, but Sindelar is what a D1 QB looks like. If anybody wants asks themselves, "Is my QB D1?", make sure you compare him to Sindelar. He is the D1 prototype.
Sindelar definitely has skills at the QB position. The kid is a great 3 sport athlete (even though he's sitting out of basketball this year). He has the traits that college D-1 coaches look for in arm strength, size, and speed. It will be interesting to see how he progresses over the next two seasons. However, winning "Mr. Football" isn't everything. It's like winning the Heisman, just because you win it doesn't mean you can compete at the next level. I can say this, I doubt he signs with WKU, granted I would love for him to, but I guess time will tell.
I have watched many qb's over the years. I can tell you this kid will not go to WKU. This kid will end up in a big D1 school unless something happens. There is too much up side to this kid. The only area that I can see with the kid, as a sophomore nontheless, is his footwork while scrambling. If he gets someone, like maybe Stephen Hatchell of Mayfield, to work with him on that during the off season he will have coaches mouth's watering next year. Of course it always helps to have good guys to throw to, which he does. By the way, I will predict it now, Caldwell is 2013 2a state champs.
55 is my new best friend! :rockon::notworthy
You are correct, mysonis55, he won't sign with WKU, I can almost guarantee that! As a WKU fan though, one could wish!
It would be nice to see he and Jonathan Jackson both over there. I just don't see it happening. I really don't see it happening since they lost their coach. If something don't happen over the next two years though, I fully expect to see this sophomore qb becoming Mr Football and going some place big.
Admittedly I'm no expert, but the only thing I see wrong is that he has a somewhat slower release than other top notch QBs. I'm hoping he'll devote himself to football and maybe seek out a QB coach (maybe he already works with one, I dont know) to work with on mechanics, footwork, etc. in the offseason. Best athlete I've seen from Caldwell Co. Excellent basketball player and supposedly a heckuva baseball player. Rumor is his first love is baseball.