Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: MLB Winter Meetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Rays have signed James Loney (1 year, 2 Mil)
- Jason Isringhausen is returning for a 17th season, 3 teams interested
- Padres are close to signing Pitcher Jason Marquis
- Orioles have pieces in place to trade for a power bat, thinking about whether or not to pull the trigger on a trade
- 8 teams interested in pitcher Sean Burnett
- Rangers are re-signing C Geovanny Soto
- Brad Lidge is retiring
- Rich Hardon, Brandon Webb are pitching in 2013
- Cubs have signed Closer Kyuji Fujikawa

I'll try and keep this updated throughout the winter meetings
Reds like Dexter Fowler of the Rockies while the Rockies like Homer Bailey. Let's see if that get's anywhere
- Padres have just signed Jason Marquis
- Ryan Dempster is seeking a 3-year deal
As of 9:05 AM this morning, 8 teams are interested in Sean Burnett with the Angels being one of them. Angels interest in Burnett is said to be serious

A-Rod is likely headed to surgery which will sit him for a portion of the 2013 season so let the Stephen Drew, Chase Headley rumors to the Yankees begin
Red Sox and Mike Napoli are close to a 3-year deal
Napoli's deal with the Red Sox is 3 years, 39 Mil
Hey, King, any word on whether the Reds would try to trade for Justin Upton, instead of trying to resign Ludwick? Do you think that would be good/bad? Why?
Has of 5:01 PM Reds have offered Ludwick. That's the only thing I seen from the Reds on mlbtraderumors.com

Rangers are signing Pitcher Joakim Soria.

Those are the only ones I have of now. The other stuff is mostly rumors
Padres aren't trading Chase Headley, Yankees don't have enough prospects to do anything.
LuckyEddie Wrote:Hey, King, any word on whether the Reds would try to trade for Justin Upton, instead of trying to resign Ludwick? Do you think that would be good/bad? Why?

The D-Backs are desperate for a shortstop, and they like DiDi Gregrious.

If I were the Reds, I'd listen for sure.

Cozart can serve as an average SS for awhile.
- Reds and Ryan Ludwick are getting closer to deal.
- Rockies have acquired Wilton Lopez from the Astros
- Rays are very close to acquiring Yunel Escobar from the Marlins

That's all I have from today. Other stuff is just teams being interested in players.
Dan Haren signed with the Washington National, pending a physical.

Boston Red Sox signed Shane Victorino, 3 year deal.
The reds need to trade bailey. He turned the corner last year. With cueto,latos,bailey,and chapman that is one of the best youn rotations in the majors.
- Orioles, Nate McLouth just agreed to deal
- White Sox, Jeff Keppinger are getting closer to deal
MLB ‏@MLB Source confirms to @GregJohnsMLB that @Mariners and OF Jason Bay agree to 1-year deal.
I agree J-Rod about trading Didi for Upton, of course, we probably won't make that trade if Ludwick re-signs. I think we missed the boat on Span.
maybe they're trying to get Elsbury from BoSox...I'd give them any combination of Arroyo, Leake, Heisey, Stubbs....
I wouldn't mind Cincy signing Youk to play third and then moving Frazier out to left....I think Youk would have sort of a revival coming to Cincy. Ballpark would definitely help his cause.
The only thing the Reds are interested in doing is resigning Ryan Ludwick.

If Ludwick goes elsewhere, then I would expect the Reds will make a move for someone.
- Cubs are resigning 3B Ian Stewart (1 year, 2 Mil)
- Cubs have signed Nate Schierholtz
- Cubs have signed Kyuji Fujikawa (Star Closer)
- Ryan Ludwick would be taking less money if he re-signed with Reds rather than going somewhere else.
- Rangers and Blue Jays are talking to the Mets about RA Dickey
- Mariners are making a hard push at Josh Hamilton (Discussed 3-year deals at 20-25 Mil per year)
- Red Sox have signed Koji Uehara
Should have called this...The MLB Winter Snore.
- Braves signed OF Reed Johnson
- Reds, Rockies have picked up talks involving Dexter Fowler. Ken Rosenthal (SP) reports that Homer Bailey will remain with the Reds.
I hope the Reds keep Bailey. I think he's finally matured enough to be a very good pitcher in the league. I'd hate to see him leave now.
- Reds have signed Ryan Ludwick to a 2-year deal worth $15 Mil
- Giants have re-signed both Angel Pagan and Marco Scutaro
Rangers have traded Michael Young to the Phillies
Should just make a off-season thread SK...since the Winter Meetings are over now.

>_>
LuckyEddie Wrote:I hope the Reds keep Bailey. I think he's finally matured enough to be a very good pitcher in the league. I'd hate to see him leave now.

They are going to keep him.