Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 53 - Breathitt County 52
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Thanks for the score I guess Russell plays East next Tuesday
I thought Breathitt was supposed to be good. They won't challenge Knott or Perry if they can't beat East Crater.
FBALL Wrote:I thought Breathitt was supposed to be good. They won't challenge Knott or Perry if they can't beat East Crater.

Early in the season, but I do agree.
FBALL Wrote:I thought Breathitt was supposed to be good. They won't challenge Knott or Perry if they can't beat East Crater.

2 of their best players aren't playing this year.

East Carter 53
Breathitt Co. 52

Breathitt Co.
12 7 14 19 52
East Carter
10 13 10 20 53

Breathitt Co. (0-1) -- Noble 13, Hamilton 20, Cox 2, Chaney 5, Fugate 10, Shouse 2.

East Carter (2-0) -- Burchett 3, Stewart 15, Huddle 20, Brammer 3, Greene 4, B. Marsh 3, Welsh 3, Roe 2.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/14/24077...osition=16
If Trent and Fraley aren't playing this year, Breathitt will struggle. Why are these boys not playing?
Where is all this talk about Breathitt winning region now lol
lol
If Trent & Fraley aren't playing Breathitt won't be near the defensive team they were last year. Noble and Hamilton will have to carry the load. Trent provides a lot of toughness and you can't replace Fraley's size in the middle.
You cant put a lot of stock into this game IMO. Fraley isnt playing, that obviously going to hurt the BC chances of winning the region. BC also lost their 1st game last year to a weaker Wolfe Co team too, by the end of the year they were a stupid foul away from playing in the regional championship. They have talent no question, with Denny stil on the sideline there, I wouldnt ever count out the Bobcats. You also got to consider BC is football school, they were playing football up untill bout 2-3 weeks ago. They'll be fine time February rolls around.
Trent is playing, just taking some time off to heal up after a tough football season. Still has some sore ribs and a shoulder that needs a few weeks to heal. A couple of the other football players are also going to play to provide them with some more depth and athleticism.

Fraley is the only player from last year not playing and unlike everyone else on this board I don't think his loss is a big loss. Yes he was big and tall but he was also slow and not very athletic. Cheney will be a lot quicker and more athletic in the middle and should provide as much scoring as Fraley did. If Cheney plays like I think he can play this team will not miss Fraley at all.

Breathitt will be OK, no need to be great early. We lost to a very weak Wolfe Co team to open the season last year and had several games like this one after it that we either lost or barely won.
Breathitt will have a lot of problems if they start bringing kids in that haven't played in a few years. Chaney has never played in a big game and really never played varsity. He wasn't very good in JV last year so I don't think he will give Denny very much this season. If Trent does play that will help some but I think Breathitt is in the Top 3 of the region anymore with the additions Hazard & PCC have made and the team KCC has returned. This is the year people in Breathitt have been waiting for with all their Sr players. If they don't do it this season they might not get back to Rupp for some time.