Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best All Time Player In 56th District
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All in all. who is the best player to even step foot in the gym from the 56th district?????
Lincoln Spence from Owsley County.
Larry Stamper, who played for Lee County 1967-69, played for Rupp at UK, actually started some his junior year.
Paul Smith, Owsley County 1959-62, played guard for Mississippi State and started his senior season.
Hazel Green Academy had a Hollon kid in the mid 1960's who went on to star at Alabama.
Wolfe County's Steve Johnson, class of 1986, went on to play guard at Cornell, and also got a very prestigious Ivy League law degree.
Powell County had an All State player in the late 1950's named Nelson White. Not sure where he played college ball but I'm sure he did. I think he was later superintendent of Powell County schools.

Those are a few I can think of.
Larry Stamper is probably the best all-time from what I know.
Jeff "Moose" Moore is the best I've seen.
IDK about basketball but..
Micheal Congleton from Owsley Co. was quite the athlete period.
Micheal Congleton was a great xc and track runner. Winning a xc state title and I think he got some in track too.(1600 meters and 3200 meters)
HDE Wrote:Larry Stamper is probably the best all-time from what I know.
Jeff "Moose" Moore is the best I've seen.

Jeff "Moose" Moore was a first team all state selection in 1990. He played college ball for Emery-Riddle College in Florida. Also was named MVP of the 1990 All A State Tournament, held I'm Memorial Coliseum that year.
Let's not forget Mike Turner for Owsley County. He was only about 6' 2" but there wasn't anyone who could stop him in the paint and he had some of the nastiest dunks in a time when players didn't really dunk. The 56th was loaded with good players when he played and he was the best of all.
Has to be Larry Stamper!
Top 10 from each of the schools? I guess will be least open information since they just joined the district couple years ago. Don't forget about Wolfe since they were in the old 56th.
clayton cooksey
its just in... powell has a new recruit BIG COOKIE!
This just in.. Big Clayton Cookie for powell his 7'6"
Aaron Charles from Lee. All around player 56th District had. Could do anything on the court.