Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Baylor 64 - (8) Kentucky 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky just plain sucks. They have a lot of work to do if they even wanna make it out of the SEC Tournament.

Don't be surprised if Kentucky isn't ranked. They don't deserve to be.
^ They definitely don't deserve to be ranked. They can't play.
this is one of the set backs to Cal's 1 and done system. when you lack upperclass leadership, when you don't have guys that know and experienced the expectations of Kentucky basketball and how to handle it, you get off to a bad start
TheRealVille Wrote:^ They definitely don't deserve to be ranked. They can't play.

This may make some people mad but it's mostly Coach Cal's fault. He goes out and get's the best players BUT he tells them that if they come to Kentucky they will go in the NBA draft after one year. This team doesn't have any leadership and won't have it until next year or the year after that. Right now, most if not all of them need to come back and work, they are not NBA ready and probably won't be until late in the season if then.

I will say this, I love Kentucky but they won't win a championship this year. Mark It Down. Avatar bet or whatever, Kentucky is not winning the 2013 NCAA Championship
Come talk to me when tournament time starts.
Smile

win win for me. lol
I have to agree, TheRealVille.

UK had a ton of open looks and just did not convert. To Baylor's credit, they were a very frustrating team to play because every time UK made a spurt in the second half, Baylor would respond with a big shot.

Kentucky has to do a better job of capitalizing on opportunities. For example, early in the first half they led 17-9 and had an opportunity to stretch the lead into double digits and put Baylor in a deep hole early. They let Baylor hang around, and once they caught fire they took the lead by 5 at halftime. Then in the second half, Baylor led 43-33 and UK started to chip in, cutting the lead to 43-37. Baylor turned the ball over several times giving UK some major opportunities, but the Cats simply didn't take advantage of it.
Noel 3-15 fg's..

He did get 17 boards but 3/15 is not impressive.
Wiltjer is Horrible.
Id like to punch people who believe hes good.

Hes the biggest wimp on the court at all times.
We have to get rid of these Wiltjers, Hoods, and Polsons, or aka, the white guys. Theres no room for improvement there.
Wiltjer needs to be on the court only if he is hitting shots, other than that. Keep him on the bench because he helps us none other than when he's knocking shots down. But he wasn't the reason we lost, we just could not put the ball in the hole the 2nd half.

We have a lot of work to do, but we will be fine.
Spud6 Wrote:Wiltjer needs to be on the court only if he is hitting shots, other than that. Keep him on the bench because he helps us none other than when he's knocking shots down. But he wasn't the reason we lost, we just could not put the ball in the hole the 2nd half.

We have a lot of work to do, but we will be fine.

A man of faith and a voice of reason. Thanks for bringing perspective Spud. Going to have to be patient gang. Give these youngsters time to build rapport and build team chemistry on the court. Cal is still learning what their strengths and weaknesses are.

On a side note in might be wise to recruit one or two guys who would like to attend UK for 4 years and get a degree, as well as, provide leadership on the court while they mature with this program. Baylors "seniority" was the difference in this game.
toussaints Wrote:this is one of the set backs to Cal's 1 and done system. when you lack upperclass leadership, when you don't have guys that know and experienced the expectations of Kentucky basketball and how to handle it, you get off to a bad start

...They still have Jarrod Poison...
^ i thought the last picture was for winning big games Wink
^ It works both ways.....Smile
Now that the home winning streak is over, it's time to renovate RUPP....
Happy to report our dog has not been kicked yet...maybe subject to change 10 games or so down the road.

Coach em' up Cal...GO CATS!
Pardon me while I laugh!!!!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Ballers Wrote:Noel 3-15 fg's..

He did get 17 boards but 3/15 is not impressive.

I thought Eraserhead was supposed to be BETTER than Anthony Davis???
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I thought Eraserhead was supposed to be BETTER than Anthony Davis???

No!!!!!!!!!!
Player Thoughts:

Kyle Wiltjer - He has been extremely cold the last few games. If he can't make shots, he is no help to us at all, because he's a defensive liability. Wiltjer missed wide open shot after wide open shot. It was rather pathetic, really.

Nerlens Noel - He did do some good things and some bad things, but one thing he could not do is make a layup. He must have missed a dozen short shots. A quick check of stats reveals he was 3-14, and so he missed only 11. But did do a number of very good things otherwise, including 16 rebounds, 7 offensive. Noel also had 6 (!) steals. All he needed to do was make layups to have a monster game -- well, that and defend better.

Archie Goodwin - He also did good things and bad, but he had a team high 5 turnovers to go along with 5 assists. I liked Archie's effort but once again it was unfocused and somewhat wild. No way this team has a chance without him, but he certainly wasn't enough. Calipari said it in his news conference: Archie has the will to win, but he doesn't know how to win yet.

Julius Mays - He had what I consider to be his worst game. He was 2-8 from three and made a number of bad decisions.

Willie Cauley-Stein - He did some things well, but he was so weak inside offensively that it was almost embarrassing. But he did some good things, but just not enough of them.

Ryan Harrow - Despite his horrible shooting, he did some good things and got into the paint a lot. But we need so much more from him.

Alex Poythress - He almost had a good game, but he had five turnovers and way too many defensive breakdowns, and he let several rebounds get away, as well as performing the equivalent of a Morgan Newton self-sack along with Archie Goodwin.

-------

Overall Game Thoughts:

This Kentucky team is far to laid back to be successful. They take too many plays off, and they show no sense of urgency.

Kyle Wiltjer is really playing badly right now. He gets good shots, but missed them. Today, he missed an obscene number of open three-point shots.

Kentucky did a much better job on the glass this game than they have been, and if there is a bright spot in this loss, that is it.

I have to say that it is extremely unlikely that Kentucky will ever be this cold again. They got great look after great look, inside and outside, and just missed them.

I thought Baylor did a good job of disrupting Kentucky in the painted area. The Wildcats big men have to learn to keep the ball higher.

The officiating in this game was vastly one-sided, and just plain horrible. I don't often complain about the officiating, and I honestly doubt if it actually changed the game's outcome, but it is extremely frustrating to be a fan and see that many bad calls.

This team reminds me that we are spoiled as fans. We expect to win every game after last year, and we have been reminded over the last two games that those expectations are not rational.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I thought Eraserhead was supposed to be BETTER than Anthony Davis???

Yeah, not the case.
"Alex Poythress - He almost had a good game, but he had five turnovers and way too many defensive breakdowns, and he let several rebounds get away, as well as performing the equivalent of a Morgan Newton self-sack along with Archie Goodwin."

Didn't Cal chastise him for acting like a monkey the other night vs Morehead?
What really sucks about this game is..
I got offered tickets to this game by a family member for Christmas.
I turned them down Sad
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Pardon me while I laugh!!!!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Pardon me while I count your national titles.

I'm done.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:"Alex Poythress - He almost had a good game, but he had five turnovers and way too many defensive breakdowns, and he let several rebounds get away, as well as performing the equivalent of a Morgan Newton self-sack along with Archie Goodwin."

Didn't Cal chastise him for acting like a monkey the other night vs Morehead?

Hows West Virginia doing so far?
Or has everyone just stopped worrying about their basketball team?
:trolldad2:
Ballers Wrote:What really sucks about this game is..
I got offered tickets to this game by a family member for Christmas.
I turned them down Sad

what were you thinking? lol
Cal better not recruit to many for next season. Cause none of these boys are going anywhere!
Even Coach Rupp lost games he shouldn't have. Give it time, we will be strong.

Side note: Many of you said the same thing during the 2010-11 season...That one turned out pretty good.
Calipari can't Coach. We need a coach that is a leader and can recruit the kind of players to win. Noel is horrible.

This is my entry into the dumbest post ever on BGR contest.

The sale if knives and other sharp instruments has been banned in the state of Kentucky until further notice and a time when it is deemed safe.
Pages: 1 2