Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Notre Dame 64 - (8) Kentucky 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bet Kentucky loses at home Saturday to Baylor
Thank God we have the excitement of the new hire in the football program to get us by.
That was ambush.
We suck!!!!
Don't call it quits just yet boys.. Remember walls team was shaky at best the first part of the season..this is what happens when u got young players it takes awhile. Or have we all forgotten the last 3 years?
Noel sucks big time. I thought people were saying he was a better shot blocker than Davis? FAR FAR FROM IT.
Dude how can u say he sucks your crazy
He does suck. He was getting manhandled like it wasn't nothing. Everytime I seen him go for a rebound the other guy took it away from him. If Kentucky doesn't fix it they won't make it for in the NCAA. I don't look for them to anyways, I hate to say it because I'm a UK fan but the way their playing they won't get anywhere.
Ill remember that statement in march. Ill personally boot u off the bandwagon lol
Lol Go Irish.

Just one more reason but everyone to hate ND...

Love it...

But really, UK will b ok, ND hard place to play, and fans in South Bend are crazy right now bc of Football
Lot to work on for these young players. Cal will get things together by the end of the year.
Noel doesnt suck, he's just bad right now..
With a little coaching I think he will eventually hit his milestone..
But right now SK is right, he stinks.

This UK team is dazed and confused by all of the hype.
Too much expectations have been put on them this season..
I think it will wear off eventually but right now they have to get their heads out of the clouds which I know will happen, and I do think we will bring another SEC title home.
I'm not going to go out on a limb and say we will win the national championship but I do think an elite 8 is possible.

Year on year off, thats Cals style - get used too it.
And to add, my newest hated college in sports is ND..
Gosh they are so arrogant. Screw them.
Rushing the floor like they won the national championship or something..
Their gonna lose in the BCS title game, and they will be lucky to get out of the sweet 16 in basketball alive.
Just can't believe some ppl are ready to throw em under the bus when it's not even December wtf
4_real Wrote:Just can't believe some ppl are ready to throw em under the bus when it's not even December wtf

Me and you see eye to eye on that brotha..

I had faith in Brandon Knight when noone else on here did and we made it to the final 4..
We could possibly do it again, I'm not hanging my head on this loss..
BUT some of our players have great potential which I think hasn't been shown yet this early.

We do need help at PG..
I know Harrow has his problems..
Polson is basically still a rookie and is shakey..
But these guys aren't getting the credit they deserve.
I'm standing behind this UK team till the end.
So how about that Football team we're getting?
My prediction was an understatement.
Lol. Noel does not suck. How many of those blocks and alley oops would Davis had got if Terrence jones wasnt drawing double teams? Or also blocking shots?

As for people Calling it quits already. It's funny.

We're coming off a national championship. Chill out and enjoy the ride.
You guys are hilarious. Step back from the ledge.lol
Ballers Wrote:And to add, my newest hated college in sports is ND..
Their gonna lose in the BCS title game, and they will be lucky to get out of the sweet 16 in basketball alive.

Fans are going to rush the court when their teams beat UK. Take it as a compliment.

ND is now 41-1 or something like that in their last 42 home games. Yet it was still that big of a deal to them to beat UK. They are going to get everyone's best.

Good game by ND.
^Makes me sick that we lost to a team like that though.
Possibly mediocre, and a sweat stain on the underarm of college basketball.
When, and I mean when has ND EVER been a threat in college basketball?
And SK is right on one more thing..
A lot of people - and Noel himself claimed that "He was a better shot blocker than Anthony Davis"..
Noel even quoted "I am not Anthony Davis, I am something else"..
So far, he is not showing it..

And Wildcat IDC if Jones was getting people off of Davis, he was the #1 recruit in the nation - Noel needs to stop being a baby and start playing ball.
Getta haircut and stop trying to be flashy and win games!!
So if UK loses another game or two the whole BBN will start cheering for Florida! Ain't that how it works with u all?
^^EKFF

Who is your favor college bball team? I've never heard you say? Aint figured out which team you want to pick yet? EKFF will probably be cheering for Indiana or Duke come march. He's got family in Indiana and North Carolina.
Notre Dame is a very hard place to play at, and those young guys will struggle on the road early.

Noel has to realize he's not the best player on the floor anymore. This isn't high school where you dominate the paint all the time.
M'boroYellowJacket Wrote:We suck!!!!

No, you sUcK!!!!!:hilarious:
Ballers Wrote:And to add, my newest hated college in sports is ND..

It's Indiana state law to rush the court if you beat Kentucky
The storming of the court after you beat a bunch of freshmen and a couple of small white guys was the funniest part of the game.

However, this is the worst team Cal has had over the last 6 or 7 years.
It really hurt when we wasnt able to snag Bennett, Parker, or Shabazz and its showing now. Noel will be good, but he isnt yet, he just looks like a kid out there.
Poythress and Goodwin are good, but not really good. Patience is key here.

I dont see how anybody could complain when were the defending national champs and dont have a single player who started last year. Im not sure there anyone on this team who can legally buy a beer yet. Cals a good coach, and we will improve, but a national title was never a option for this team IMO.

Im more excited about next year, and ill relax this year. Just think if these guys dont pick it up and all of them come back next year with the best recruiting class in the nation! Id like to see it.

Lets hope we can keep that home win streak in tact.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The storming of the court after you beat a bunch of freshmen and a couple of small white guys was the funniest part of the game.

However, this is the worst team Cal has had over the last 6 or 7 years.
It really hurt when we wasnt able to snag Bennett, Parker, or Shabazz and its showing now. Noel will be good, but he isnt yet, he just looks like a kid out there.
Poythress and Goodwin are good, but not really good. Patience is key here.

I dont see how anybody could complain when were the defending national champs and dont have a single player who started last year. Im not sure there anyone on this team who can legally buy a beer yet. Cals a good coach, and we will improve, but a national title was never a option for this team IMO.

Im more excited about next year, and ill relax this year. Just think if these guys dont pick it up and all of them come back next year with the best recruiting class in the nation! Id like to see it.

Lets hope we can keep that home win streak in tact.

Julius Mays that cats been in college forever. Been around for 5 years and played for 3 different teams
Well, that was without any doubt the very worst basketball game played by a John Calipari-coached team at Kentucky. There really is nothing good to say about what the Wildcats did tonight, so I'm not doing any accolades.

Strategically, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish played exactly the game they needed to play, and demonstrated to these young Wildcats that basketball is a team sport, not just an athletics contest. The Irish were intense on defense, and kept themselves calm and in the game at all times. They executed their offense with precision, aggressively rebounded the basketball, and as a bonus, they made almost everything they threw up. To be honest, though, most of their looks were wide open, and you are going to make a fairly high percentage of those.

In the case of Kentucky, their strategy was exactly the opposite of Notre Dame. They forgot what "team" means in favor of one-on-one play, they eschewed defensive intensity for half-effort, and they demonstrated no desire to accept contact and rebound through traffic. The Wildcats were constantly out of rebounding position, went for every fake, pushed off instead of moving their feet, refused to help each other on defense or trust the help when they got beat, and jacked up shots that only World B. Free could love.

Guess which strategy won out? If you guessed the Fighting Irish, congratulations....and congratulations also to Notre Dame.

Basketball is a team sport. This was a great demonstration of how a team of inferior athletes defeats vastly superior athletes by communicating, playing unselfishly, and giving all-out effort on every play. Notre Dame never allowed Kentucky to get into transition, and instead of exploiting that by crashing the offensive glass, Kentucky was drubbed on the boards as they have been every single game where they played a quality team, and some where they didn't.

I'm certain that Calipari will maximize the tape of this game to educate the young Wildcats. From a basketball standpoint, this was an abject and total failure in every respect. No player on Kentucky's team gave a sound effort, even Julius Mays, who despite leading the team in scoring made many bad passes, got beat off the dribble, and took several very poor shots.

This team will get better, and losing to Notre Dame on the road is not in itself shameful, it's clear the Irish are better than advertised and Kentucky rather worse. I actually agree with Dick Vitale's analysis that the point guard position is hurting Kentucky right now, and I don't believe Archie Goodwin is the answer. Maybe I'm wrong about that, too, because there is a lot of basketball left to play, and Calipari has won an awful lot of basketball games for me to second-guess him.
Pages: 1 2