Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DJ Eliot to Kentucky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm hearing that Florida State DC DJ Eliot might be coming to Kentucky.

Here's what I came across (This came directly from a Florida State Website)

Quote:I spoke with a source this morning that tells me Florida State defensive ends coach D.J. Eliot is under consideration for the defensive coordinator position at Kentucky. Based on what I'm told he's the front runner for the position and I expect him to be offered the job after this weekends ACC Championship Game.

I do not have any information on whether or not he would accept the position. I'm told Stoops would run the defense, but Eliot would have the DC title and the raise in pay that goes along with that.
Are we just going to get FSU's whole staff lmao. Im good with that.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Are we just going to get FSU's whole staff lmao. Im good with that.

I am somewhat OK with that as well, however, someone on the coaching staff needs to be familiar with SEC football.
Kentucky didn't even hit Florida State this hard in the 2007 Music City Bowl
judgementday Wrote:I am somewhat OK with that as well, however, someone on the coaching staff needs to be familiar with SEC football.

I'm pretty sure some are staying on board. I know Mike Sumners is. Maybe one or two more.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Are we just going to get FSU's whole staff lmao. Im good with that.

Kentucky Recruiting ‏@RecruitKentucky If all goes as planned, Kentucky will receive FSU's DC, OC, DE Coach, and also more speculation on other position coaches at FSU.
What does that tell you about what they think about Jimbo Fish!
Jimbo wants to keep Eliot. So we shall see.
Strikeout King Wrote:I'm pretty sure some are staying on board. I know Mike Sumners is. Maybe one or two more.

Rumor around here is that the whole coaching staff has been let go. If any are staying, then Stoops has mentioned that he wants to keep them.
The only way FSU keeps DJ Eliot is to promote him to Defensive Coordinator.
cougarpride08 Wrote:What does that tell you about what they think about Jimbo Fish!

or what if ... Jimbo is planning on an exit strategy him self ... Uh ohConfusedhh:
^

Tennessee?
I did see on twitter that they were rumors going around that Jimbo was thinking about leaving but nothing confirmed
Ive never been a fan of bringing your co coaches with you.
IMO, its better to start completely fresh at the OC and DC position.