Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County Basketball Coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone heard who it was. I know one of my very good friends was in the running and was thought to get it but was just wanting to know what people have heard about the position..Thanks!
Coach Lively from J City.
The young guy left Jackson City?
Does Brian Hall want the Jackson City vacancy??
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:The young guy left Jackson City?
Smart move too. Powell has 11 seniors back from last year and their JV team had a great record. Several of those youngsters will contribute this coming season.
It's never a bad move to move from a school of 125 students to one with nearly 800 kids.
Where is Baker going???
coach lively is a great coach and will make a great contribution to powell co
coach lively is a great coach and will take the pirates far. they now have thirteen seniors and a new one is robbie raker. a very skilled dribbler, fast on his feet and can shoot the lights out of the ball.
I think RB#5 is exaggerating just a little bit...u know he is only 5'3???
Just kiddin, just kiddin...I know that Robbie Raker boy...will be a wonderful asset to the Powell Co. programTongueirateSho
Coach Lively is doing a great job getting the kids in condition. Trust me ..i see them every day running through town an all over the county..lol. If he keeps them on the right track..they very well could be the champs of the 14th region..JMO.
I see Lively taking the pirates to Rupp this year due to all their depth and the powerhouse Romans down low.
Lively is a great coach, he has already gotten close to his players and earned their trust. IMO i think he can lead them to Rupp this season.
Coach lively is the greatest. He has earned his trust just like shoot4three said. His player think he could be one of the best things that happened to powell county by bringing him here..Hes the greatest
I meant good4three...sorry my bad
Lol..nice going quickie,haha.But yes..Coach Lively is by far one of the greatest things that has ever happened to Powell County. I look for him to have a great career at Powell for years to come. They will be very hard to stop this year. They are State bound for sure!!!!!
Coach Lively is without a doubt the best coach that has come through Powell County. He is a great motivator, and strives for excellence. With his guidance, Powell will be the team to beat. Another trip to state and another region banner is on its way.
Hello?? It is September 12th!!!!! You guys are talking out of your head!!
Their not talking out of their heads...its their opinion. If they want to say that Powell County is going to win the 14th region they can say it...and I highly agree with them.
I agree with Powell going far. With Coach Livley behind these boys, i think he can keep them on track and lead them straight to the top.
I think Powell has just a good as shot as any to win it!!
Coach Lively Demands a lot of respect from his players and that is what he gets and that will be essintail in Powell's season this year
Godspeed Wrote:Coach Lively is doing a great job getting the kids in condition. Trust me ..i see them every day running through town an all over the county..lol. If he keeps them on the right track..they very well could be the champs of the 14th region..JMO.

I thought that with it being this time of year all the coaches were allowed to do is host open gym with no instruction...

Powell Fan 1 Wrote:Coach Lively is without a doubt the best coach that has come through Powell County. He is a great motivator, and strives for excellence. With his guidance, Powell will be the team to beat. Another trip to state and another region banner is on its way.

A big statement from a 8-22 team with all the same players and a first year coach.

Just a suggestion... try not to put so much pressure on a group of boys to win their regional tourney. with 13 seniors on the team, let them enjoy their senior year without having to live up to the expectations that it seems that many people are putting on them. It really does seem that every year there is a team that the community or school puts far above all the other teams around them. They are usually the first to leave the tourneys.
Pressure is what these boys thrive on. Its there senior year and without pushing them we wouldnt be doing them any good. They have the talent and the heart to make it and i dont see them as the first to leave the tournyes but the first cutting down the nets.
Nothing-but-Net Wrote:Pressure is what these boys thrive on. Its there senior year and without pushing them we wouldnt be doing them any good. They have the talent and the heart to make it and i dont see them as the first to leave the tournyes but the first cutting down the nets.

Thats right thats like playing for no reason if u have no goals to try to achieve and no fans to push you torwards them.
You both are right...they do thrive on pressure and without that they have nothing to work for, but the team that everyone puts high expectations on and expects them to win a regional tourney usually does go home early.
56th_batboi Wrote:Thats right thats like playing for no reason if u have no goals to try to achieve and no fans to push you torwards them.

There is a difference in setting goals and putting pressure on someone or a team... Considering their record last year and having a first year new coach dont you think that before the first day of practice starts saying they will win their region is putting pressure instead of setting a goal? You all should sit back and let them play one game at a time, then hope they get threw their district, then work on the region games....
i see powell havng alt of potential and going far but lets sit back and watch where the seniors go with this one i liked to be at rupp when the season is coming to and end and i see these boys doing it more know this year then in the past
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:There is a difference in setting goals and putting pressure on someone or a team... Considering their record last year and having a first year new coach dont you think that before the first day of practice starts saying they will win their region is putting pressure instead of setting a goal? You all should sit back and let them play one game at a time, then hope they get threw their district, then work on the region games....

No i ment setting goals and pushing them to win in general, there record wasnt the best in the world last year but this year they hope to impove it.
well i have something to say about the coach situation...i agree he is a good coach and that the pirates WILL indeed go far....but is everyone forgetting about Coach Coldiron when they are saying that Lively is the best thing brought to Powell co.?
Pages: 1 2