Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Caldwell County 43 Lou. DeSales 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Caldwell County gets 296 yards rushing and 5 TDs from Jaylen Boyd:worthy::trolldad2:
Congrats to the Tigers!
Congrats tigers from mayfield. I thought y'all could do it. Now win state.
Bringing two golds back to the west... comeon. Caldwell.... tigers. A big task at hand but we are stayin sat to watch u bring it home
Congrats to Caldwell County. They are a year ahead of schedule. They may win 3 in a row.
Yep mainly a strong sophmore team...
Good job Caldwell! Lets both do the West Proud.
TEAM STATISTICS
Caldwell — First downs: 20.
Rushing attempts-yards: 37-301.
Passing-yards: 20-30-0, 192.
Total yards: 493.
Penalties yards: 8-69.
Fumbles-lost: 1-0.

DeSales — First downs: 13.
Rushing attempts- yards: 49-276.
Passing-yards: 4-15-2, 62.
Total yards: 338.
Penalties-yards:4-40.
Fumbles-lost: 1-1.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS
Rushing — Caldwell: Sindelar 6-14, Boyd
29-281, Cain 1-6.
DeSales: Byrd 20-167,
Nord 13-29, Tharp 1-4, Roush 14-77, Harris
1-(-1).

Passing — Caldwell: Sindelar 20-29-0,
192; Sivils 0-1-0, 0.
DeSales: Roush 4-15-2, 62.

Receiving — Caldwell: Young 1-5, Brandon
5-23, Davis 2-17, Sivils 8-132, Boyd
4-13.
DeSales: Jarvis 2-27, Greenwell 1-15,
Byrd 1-30.
Congrats Caldwell Co. They played a great game. Turnovers kill, and we had 3 of them. 2 of them in the Red Zone. We still had a shot, at the end when it was 36-31 with 4 min, and we got the ball. But credit to your defense. I see a rematch next year, as we are a young ball club as well.
Colt, now was I correct on the speed issue. I don't mean that as a negative thing either. I didn't see the game. I just think they are capable of matching speed with anyone.
I think the speed thing is wayy over hyped. Not just in this game, but alot of match ups. If you play good sound defense, and stay at home when your supposed too, that will negate the speed factor. Again not taking anything away from Caldwell, but our turnovers absolutely killed us! 3 of them! 2 on which should have been scoring drives. You can't beat good teams, with those kind of mistakes. I like the spread that Caldwell runs. It forces the D to spread out. I will say that DeSales switched to a 3-4 defense this year. It's had it's growing pains with it. I traditionally like a 4-3 in high school, but it's what they have chosen to run. I think they'll have a better feel for it next year, as long as they don't scrap it. It's been an interesting year for DeSales this year. Losing coach Sanders was hard on the kids, I think they have admirably played through it. We are a young team. I think we'll be better next year than we were this year. I fully expect to see Caldwell again. I wish them luck next week! They are impressive.