Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just asking if anyone can give insight on the 2013 season plus pitching staff. Hope you see this Hook, you got the inside corner of info :Thumbs:
I'll just be generic and speak in general. I think they'll be pretty good and will certainly be in the mix.
I think Paintsville will be one of your top teams for sure. They only lost 3 everyday starters in Sublett, Stewart and Caldwell (Transfer).

Returning Burchett, Pelphrey & A. VanHoose for some solid senior leadership. Mix in Miller, Burchell & Kash. I like what I am seeing.

Pelphrey should be healthy this season and the additions of Kent Phelps and Lane and Luke Daniels. Filling the open spots shouldn't be any problem with these kids.

Pitching wise....Burchett, Miller, Possibly K. Daniel and a TON of young lefties. Burchett of course will prolly carry the load. Unless someone else steps up. By seasons end they should know what they can rely on.

Stick wise.....I look for the Tigers to be a MUCH improved team at the plate. It may take some of the younger ones that didn't see much plate time last season to adjust to the off speed stuff. But, they all have good bat control and pick things up pretty quick. I don't look for Lane and Luke Daniels to have any problem with this. Due to the level of stuff they saw in the Carolina Leagues the past couple of years they were gone.
OffTheHook Wrote:I think Paintsville will be one of your top teams for sure. They only lost 3 everyday starters in Sublett, Stewart and Caldwell (Transfer).

Returning Burchett, Pelphrey & A. VanHoose for some solid senior leadership. Mix in Miller, Burchell & Kash. I like what I am seeing.

Pelphrey should be healthy this season and the additions of Kent Phelps and Lane and Luke Daniels. Filling the open spots shouldn't be any problem with these kids.

Pitching wise....Burchett, Miller, Possibly K. Daniel and a TON of young lefties. Burchett of course will prolly carry the load. Unless someone else steps up. By seasons end they should know what they can rely on.

Stick wise.....I look for the Tigers to be a MUCH improved team at the plate. It may take some of the younger ones that didn't see much plate time last season to adjust to the off speed stuff. But, they all have good bat control and pick things up pretty quick. I don't look for Lane and Luke Daniels to have any problem with this. Due to the level of stuff they saw in the Carolina Leagues the past couple of years they were gone.

With the loss of Kent Phelps due to shoulder surgery, how will this effect the Tigers this season?
I guess the next obvious question is how many are out not including middle school.
Great chance to compete for District I think. Kent is a loss though.
Kent and Luke Daniels are out for a while due to injuries.

Here is a link to our page:

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/pai...l/home.htm
Got to see a few of the kids throw this evening. IMO, the Tigers will be fine. Was very impressed with the growth and development of the kids from last season. Coach has many choices at many positions. Should be a solid season for the Tigers.

Luke Daniels should also be back in the mix of things starting next next week. Which was good news to hear.
OffTheHook Wrote:Got to see a few of the kids throw this evening. IMO, the Tigers will be fine. Was very impressed with the growth and development of the kids from last season. Coach has many choices at many positions. Should be a solid season for the Tigers.

Luke Daniels should also be back in the mix of things starting next next week. Which was good news to hear.

Hook, after looking over the roster where are the many choices?
^You have 5 kids that can see time bewtween 2nd, SS and 3rd. Just depends on who is on the mound. You have 3 kids that can see time at 1st. Again...depends on who is on the mound and who is producing. They have 3 kids who can see time behind the plate. IMO...OF will be the slimmest of all. Once they get on the field and get some looks at some of the newer kids, that could change. Not very deep out there. As for the Mound. I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised. The thing everyone needs to remember though. Is that a majority of these arms are gonna be just Fros and Soph!

I"M EXCITED!