Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Star High School Football Player Arrested For Rape and Sodomy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A standout football player was arrested at his high school Monday and charged with raping a 13-year-old girl.

Police arrested Cornell Burbage II at Lexington Catholic High School, where he was an All-State wide receiver. Burbage, 19, remained incarcerated Monday afternoon.

He is charged with second-degree rape and two counts of second-degree sodomy - felonies that carry a maximum sentence of up to 10 years in prison, said Lt. James Curless of the Lexington Police Department.

Curless said the girl checked herself in to St. Joseph East Hospital Sunday for a rape examination. It was after that exam, which typically includes a DNA test, that police identified Burbage as a suspect.

Curless declined to say whether any physical evidence collected implicated Burbage.

In the Class 3A title game, Burbage had four catches for 85 yards, helping Lexington Catholic top Bowling Green to win its first state football championship.

His father, also named Cornell Burbage, formerly played for the University of Kentucky.

http://wymtnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=4905918
Doesn't make it ok, but was it forced or consensual???
Well, thats just crazy.
That is stupid...that boy gave up everything he could've had for sex.... I'm sorry but no sex is worth thorwing away your life.
BFritz Wrote:Doesn't make it ok, but was it forced or consensual???
either way it is still a crime... she is 13!!!!! thats illegal.
Idiot is the only word that comes to my mind. How stupid can he be for having Sex with a 13 year old.
I heard about that the other day on the news. Ridiculous.
DTfan Wrote:That is stupid...that boy gave up everything he could've had for sex.... I'm sorry but no sex is worth thorwing away your life.

I agree 100%
BFritz Wrote:Doesn't make it ok, but was it forced or consensual???
No offense but that like saying did that 13 month say it was okay to have sex if she did then it is alright no harm done . Please that is what is wrong now people has no respect for the age of a child I can tell you now that a man that touched my thirteen year old daughter I would be in jail because I would kill him myself. That's [email=bullsh@T]bullsh@T[/email].
BAYPC CHEERBABE Wrote:No offense but that like saying did that 13 month say it was okay to have sex if she did then it is alright no harm done . Please that is what is wrong now people has no respect for the age of a child I can tell you now that a man that touched my thirteen year old daughter I would be in jail because I would kill him myself. That's [email=bullsh@T.]bullsh@T.[/email]

Alls I'm saying is that some girls can look like 19 or 20 when they're only 13, plus if she didn't tell him how old she was, then how's it his fault? Plus, with how advanced and grown-up some kids are today, she might have had full awareness of what she was doing. I'm not saying it's ok, or that I know what happened, alls I'm saying is there's a bunch of possibilities and everyone shouldn't be so quick to judge him without knowing everything
BFritz Wrote:Alls I'm saying is that some girls can look like 19 or 20 when they're only 13, plus if she didn't tell him how old she was, then how's it his fault? Plus, with how advanced and grown-up some kids are today, she might have had full awareness of what she was doing. I'm not saying it's ok, or that I know what happened, alls I'm saying is there's a bunch of possibilities and everyone shouldn't be so quick to judge him without knowing everything
As bad as I hate to say it about this, I agree with you. Now if he knew how old she was, then lock him up and throw away the key.
So what if they were goin out??? and had been for a while.. and she just gave in.. or what if they were both at a party getting intoxicated?? it happens. i don't know the situation, but i agree with bfritz here...
BFritz Wrote:Alls I'm saying is that some girls can look like 19 or 20 when they're only 13, plus if she didn't tell him how old she was, then how's it his fault? Plus, with how advanced and grown-up some kids are today, she might have had full awareness of what she was doing. I'm not saying it's ok, or that I know what happened, alls I'm saying is there's a bunch of possibilities and everyone shouldn't be so quick to judge him without knowing everything
. You are so right my thirteen looks like she is 18 or 19 so I see your point on that. I agree with on that- and - you are right they did't make girls like that when I was young - and - if the girl lies to the boy they really don't have any of knowing- and the way some of the parents let thier 13 year olds dress is simply unbelieveable. So I see your point on that.