Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 6 Paintsville 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats Belfry Huge win at Paintsville. Saw were this one went 9 innings. I assume for this low of a run amount Chapman pitched for Belfry because Paintsville is a well hitting team. Congrats though for Belfry defintley a huge win because if you beat Paintsville you beat one of the best. My hats off to both teams. Can anyone from Paintsville that was tehre give me some stats?
This was a very big win for belfry !!!!
Congrats
Congrats Belfry
Grimm strikes out 14 batters in 7 innings of work. He about 130 pitches. Belfry threw West. He kept Paintsville's hitters really off balance. Tyler LeMaster pitched the 8th. Kevin Williams and J.D. VanHoose pitched the 9th.
Tyler Dotson hit a grand slam to put Belfry up 6-1 in the 9th. Tough loss for Paintsville, as they were without their starting shortstop and starting catcher. Not saying that's why they lost the game though. Hats off to Belfry for playing an outstanding game.
It was colder than a well diggers lilly out there tonight + it rained just before belfry arrived and made things muddy and nasty out. I hope Belfry had a safe trip home. Good game.
Paintsville was without their number 2 pitcher tonight, I saw Josh Watkins over at the gym and he said he had been released from the team. That is definately not good with districts rollin' around.
Good win for Belfry, but I still say there's no way they can win 3 in a row to win the region. Chapman is tough, but can only pitch and win one game.
Disco Stu Wrote:Good win for Belfry, but I still say there's no way they can win 3 in a row to win the region. Chapman is tough, but can only pitch and win one game.
Chapman is also out I just found that out. They said he was in a cast at school over his elbow and was crying because his HS career was prolly over its a sad situation.
But Im so glad to see Belfry get the win anyways. My sister told me about Aaron so it might not be true but if she told me then it is because they are real good friends.
Chris is my buddy hes a good guy and a good pitcher. Ive said all alone that with him on the mound they are tuff to beat also.
Can anyone verify this about Chapman? If so, this is truly a tragedy in the young man's career. Hats off to this young man for an outstanding year. He was one of the region's best.
Aaron was with us Sunday with his arm in a sling...muscle/sore nothing major.... Unless something else has happened since yesterday.
Pacman Wrote:Can anyone verify this about Chapman? If so, this is truly a tragedy in the young man's career. Hats off to this young man for an outstanding year. He was one of the region's best.
Dont take me to heart because I saw him today and I didnt notice he was in a cast but I was just driving through the parking lot and didnt pay no attention. But my sister said he chipped his elbow. If so it would be sad. Aaron is a heck of a player and he will defintley play in college. WVU was very impressed with him at their camp last year and have kept in contact with him and so has Marshall. I defintley wish him the best if it is true.
Paintsville was without 3 very good bats tonight, but like pupaw said, it doesn't take away the great effort West put in....Grimm pitched a hell of a game tonight as well and ends up with a no decision. Neither team hit very well but with Belfry leading 1-0 in the bottom of the 7th, JD Vanhoose and Kevin Williams smoked back to back doubles to tie the game but Williams was stranded by the next three batters.Nice win Pirates!!!
As far as Watkins is concerned.....RELEASED???? rotflmfao!!!
That's one way to put it I guess!!! What else is a coach supposed to do after you bend over backwards for a guy all year long, and he blows off Fridays practice and Saturdays Game at Pike Central because of prom!!!
Is he the big first baseman ??? I think he went 1-5 with 4 Ks but hit the game winner in the ninth.
The Guru Wrote:Is he the big first baseman ??? I think he went 1-5 with 4 Ks but hit the game winner in the ninth.
That is Boomer Edwards he is a good at bat and when he gets a hold of one watch out.
Can you tell me if Chapman played? He plays left field and is real tall and has a redish collered hair. He bats before Edwards in the lineup I believe at the 3 spot.
Belfry Wins Wrote:That is Boomer Edwards he is a good at bat and when he gets a hold of one watch out.
Can you tell me if Chapman played? He plays left field and is real tall and has a redish collered hair. He bats before Edwards in the lineup I believe at the 3 spot.
Pupaw could tell ya...what # is he???
To tell the truth, this was an ugly called game all night, both ways.
The batters for both teams had not a clue as to what was going to be called a strike. Heck...Belfry's first base coach was tossed.
The Guru Wrote:Pupaw could tell ya...what # is he???
To tell the truth, this was an ugly called game all night, both ways.
The batters for both teams had not a clue as to what was going to be called a strike. Heck...Belfry's first base coach was tossed.
Thats funny that the first base coach got tossed he is high strug anyways.
As long as it was called both ways though I hate to see a bad called game however but better both ways than just one way. And I cant remember Chapmans # right now.
Nice win Belfry
Pupaw Wrote:Grimm strikes out 14 batters in 7 innings of work. He about 130 pitches. Belfry threw West. He kept Paintsville's hitters really off balance. Tyler LeMaster pitched the 8th. Kevin Williams and J.D. VanHoose pitched the 9th.
Tyler Dotson hit a grand slam to put Belfry up 6-1 in the 9th. Tough loss for Paintsville, as they were without their starting shortstop and starting catcher. Not saying that's why they lost the game though. Hats off to Belfry for playing an outstanding game.
Looks like Belfry has trouble hitting against good pitching. This makes 3 straight games that an oposing teams pitcher has averaged 2+ strikeouts per inning against Belfry hitters. Blanton, Fyffe and now Grimm.

Where was Pugh and Adams? Who catches with Adams gone?
Belfry Wins Wrote:Dont take me to heart because I saw him today and I didnt notice he was in a cast but I was just driving through the parking lot and didnt pay no attention. But my sister said he chipped his elbow. If so it would be sad. Aaron is a heck of a player and he will defintley play in college. WVU was very impressed with him at their camp last year and have kept in contact with him and so has Marshall. I defintley wish him the best if it is true.
There were some scouts that was at saturdays game that left very unimpressed, mainly because of attitude.
Good Job Belfry
Again this was a great win for Belfry
Nice Job Pirates
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:Again this was a great win for Belfry

Stop

Paddingi

Smile
Aarons number is #43 and he went to the doctor yesterday.
I really believe Painstville will be right in the thick of things come Region Tournament time. Grimm is an amazing pitcher to watch
No Chapman did not play last night. The ball that Dotson hit out was huge. Paintsville better rebound quickly they've got Pikeville tonight and it's senior night.
rooster Wrote:Looks like Belfry has trouble hitting against good pitching. This makes 3 straight games that an oposing teams pitcher has averaged 2+ strikeouts per inning against Belfry hitters. Blanton, Fyffe and now Grimm.

Where was Pugh and Adams? Who catches with Adams gone?
Yet Belfry is 2 and 1 in those games. I find that pretty impressive. Also in regard to Chapman I think he was injured against JC but didnt know yet the severity of it. Which would be the reason he only pitched to a couple batters. That also had to do with his poor performance. Chapman is a good kid that loves the game. From what I understand his elbow is chipped.
But congrats to Belfry this was defintley a huge win without Chapman. Also congrats to Christ West, Ive said it all year long that he is underated. Chris is a very good pitcher.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Yet Belfry is 2 and 1 in those games. I find that pretty impressive. Also in regard to Chapman I think he was injured against JC but didnt know yet the severity of it. Which would be the reason he only pitched to a couple batters. That also had to do with his poor performance. Chapman is a good kid that loves the game. From what I understand his elbow is chipped.
But congrats to Belfry this was defintley a huge win without Chapman. Also congrats to Christ West, Ive said it all year long that he is underated. Chris is a very good pitcher.
Again it was his attitude that was the real turn-off. And the thing about it is , it was a real turnoff to the ones that matter the most. College scouts.
Disco Stu Wrote:Stop

Paddingi

Smile

Yea really, tryin to build up his postes lol
Pages: 1 2